British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Swindon V Belle Vue. 06/04/17.

4 points though ?, thats poor :(

Yes and no. It's a tough gig at number 1. Signing bjerre was a masterstroke, because he will become the number 1 and be equally as good as Zagar, if not better. The quicker we get him there, the better. This team will start winning meetings more convincingly because tonight we blew that. Should have been 4 points.

Max will score what bjerre did from 3, but the critical difference is Kenneth will still score those 10 points at number 1.

I'm very happy with the start. The young reserves are chipping in already, if they can average 8-10 between them each meeting the top 5 will do the rest. What's really encouraging is they have both won a heat/been paid for a heat. The potential is there.

I think this team is really going to fly in the 2nd half of the season.

so nothing to do with the fact that Ellis failed to score and 10 points between 3 other Swindon riders. If BV were that good they should have won by more! :rolleyes:

Well done BV - an expected win and result never looked in doubt.

I see your argument. I think we were guilty of packing up after heat 12. Poor attitude.

Need to fix that moving forwards

• Like 1

so nothing to do with the fact that Ellis failed to score and 10 points between 3 other Swindon riders. If BV were that good they should have won by more! :rolleyes:

Well done BV - an expected win and result never looked in doubt.

In all fairness though, I wouldn't expect Your reserves or BWD to score much between them. They scored close to their average. Ellis I would expect a bit more. That is down to how weak the team has been built.

Fricke is much better than 4pts so would have expected him to score more as has the potential to.

Edited by mdmc82

In all fairness though, I wouldn't expect Your reserves or BWD to score much between them. Ellis I would expect a bit more. That is down to how weak the team has been built.

Fricke is much better than 4pts so would have expected him to score more as has the potential to.

Just following that logic - You expected Fricke to score more than 4 (and has the potential to) and also Ellis to score more than 0. However it shows how good BV are that they just managed to beat a team that you admit is weak the way it has been built

Really not strong logic there. Another way to look at it is the fact that such a weakly built team who had a team member who was expected to score and actually failed to score nearly managed to beat such a strong BV team! :rolleyes:

Not an overly surprising result, was always going to be tight. You could say BV got the cigars out when the match was won in heat 12, but when there's an extra point up for grabs, that's no excuse. What actually happened was probably how Rosco would hope this season would go, blowing teams away in heat 13 and 15. The only hope we have this season is if we can somehow hang on in the first 12 heats, then finish it off in the last 3. A few points from Ellis would probably swung that, Fricke not scoring as he could have...probably all evens out.

Racing was pants in the most part, couple of decent Ines towards the end. Match race between Bjerre and Doyle pick of the bunch.

Refs useless as ever. Worrall touches the tapes, not chucked out. Grondal's clutch twice chucks him off the bike before the tapes have gone up, should be excluded for delaying the start, but wasn't in either. Rollers all night. Useless, where do they get these idiots from?

Morris and Bellego looking very racey, should be good to watch this season.

Not going to get wound up about not winning matches this season. It's not like this is a legitimate competition any more. Just entertain us.

Edited by Speedy swindon pete
  • Like 3

Shock you've jumped all over Swindon within one meeting. Ellis had a stinker. These things happen.

In all fairness though, I wouldn't expect Your reserves or BWD to score much between them. They scored close to their average. Ellis I would expect a bit more. That is down to how weak the team has been built.

Shocked by Max Fricke score as well !!

I'm not. He was poor away from Belle Vue last season and although the league is weaker, why should this one be any different?

Nit going to get wound up about not winning matches this season. It's not like this is a legitimate competition any more. Just entertain us

Give Robby Williams a ring... :rofl:

• Like 1

Or even Robbie Williams

Same thing. Im not a fan.. ;)

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

I'm not. He was poor away from Belle Vue last season and although the league is weaker, why should this one be any different?

I like max. Think he's a quality rider.

But I also think the UK is his bottom priority. In Poland and Sweden he flies. If he delivers again on the continent I don't we will see him here again

Wishing Emil all the best, looked in a lot of pain after his fall, hoping he's ok.

Well Belle Vue do probably have the most consistent top 5, not a surprise Swindon dropped points at home if Morris & Doyle are not imperious which they need to be. What was wrong with Ellis? Nice to see a result not decided by the scores of the reserves.

Edited by Col

I like max. Think he's a quality rider.

But I also think the UK is his bottom priority. In Poland and Sweden he flies. If he delivers again on the continent I don't we will see him here again

Why is he the only Belle Vue rider to not have a Belle Vue race suit?? He wore his Australia race suit at Poole? Is he trying to tell us something? Or does he not have one?

Why is he the only Belle Vue rider to not have a Belle Vue race suit?? He wore his Australia race suit at Poole? Is he trying to tell us something? Or does he not have one?

Bjerre didn't have a suit as well,

All are getting new suits as the logo on the ones to be used this season is no longer allowed due to copyright infringement problems encountered....

(Nothing to do with the previous promotion by the way)..

The race jacket currently used covers up the old logo and the new logo will get incorporated into the new suits...