British Speedway Forum

A generation ago the British Junior Championship had a different winner each year because any winner was then not allowed to enter subsequent years even if still young enough. I think this has merit today as i'm not sure what benefit there is in Robert competing and winning again next year.

A bit like saying whoever wins the World Speedway GP's cant enter next year because it is preferred to have a different winner each year.

If its an under 21 championship series and you are under 21 then your in it (if you want to be)

Seem to remember TW getting criticised for not wanting to be in the British championship to give others a chance, now its being said you keep someone out so they cant win many times.

Its up to others to raise their game.

If I was an eligible competitor, won something last year, but excluded this year on the basis I already won it I would be naffed. I would expect to be in the competition again, and as long as I was eligible and wanted to do it.

Equally, if I won a championship this year knowing last years winner was not in because they has already won it, then I would think that was a hollow victory.

• Like 4

Bewley?

Agree,Bewley is class and has only had 1 season under his belt.With the little bit of luck you need He will be a top man in few years time.

Agree,Bewley is class and has only had 1 season under his belt.With the little bit of luck you need He will zzd be a top man in few years time.[/quote quite agree he looked class last night had a couple of falls other than that ok ellis perks impressed me as well

Poole is an excellent shape and can produce great racing. The track curator needs a kick up the backside or be relieved of his duties.

Depends who's making the decisions. He may just be doing as told, which is not how he would like to do it.

One could argue that from a competition point of view its better Tai isn't in british final such is the gulf between him and rest. Would a Prem heat leader add to the spectacle if he rode in the MDL riders championship?

Edited by Mike.Butler

Well done to Robert. Awesome talent. Well deserved.

• Like 1

Robert has just turned 19 and already he is odds on favourite in meetings like this. He can ride rough tracks and technical tracks, he rides Brough Park very well. I just hope his gating improves when he graduates properly to the world stage. Young British riders are coming good together so the world cup event may be worth watching this year.

It seems the National League is doing the business of bringing on talent. Long may the National League continue just as it is

• Like 2

What is alarming is the lack of talented kids coming through. Take away Lambert, Ellis, Bates and Perks and the standard is quite poor. We must be a millions miles behind Poland bring their talented youngsters through...

you should have come to the 2 Youth Championship meetings at Peterborough, you'd have a different opinion

• Like 1

One could argue that from a competition point of view its better Tai isn't in british final such is the gulf between him and rest. Would a Prem heat leader add to the spectacle if he rode in the MDL riders champi

Not really true though is it . One engine failure can ruin that . Would not Craig Cook been British Champion but for a re-run and not Tai Woffinden

Matt Ford reckons we're better placed than any country other than Poland with youth development

Maybe true, but we could still be a million miles behind Poland, Denmark and Sweden, Australia 2 million miles behind, then the rest.....

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 1

I was told by Rob Peasley tonight that the crowd here was much bigger than the crowd at Coventry two years ago.

The most confusing thing about this meeting is how different the track was from that on show 7 days earlier. For a challenge match against Coventry Select there was at least a reasonable amount of shale. And despite it going slicker in the last few heats, the racing was competitive. For a prestige meeting this week we have complaints about a blue groove after just a few races.

The most confusing thing about this meeting is how different the track was from that on show 7 days earlier. For a challenge match against Coventry Select there was at least a reasonable amount of shale. And despite it going slicker in the last few heats, the racing was competitive. For a prestige meeting this week we have complaints about a blue groove after just a few races.

Nothing changed Fliss. No more shale was put on last week, believe me. Except Neill did the track by himself.

Edited by Starman2006

Maybe true, but we could still be a million miles behind Poland, Denmark and Sweden, Australia 2 million miles behind, then the rest.....

We're not behind swedes Danes or aussies at all, take a real look at what they have in depth coming through, not much.

Nothing changed Fliss. No more shale was put on last week, believe me. Except Neill did the track by himself.

The difference was Gerald richter wasn't there last week. Point proven again , get rid of him. As you said starry Neil was on his own. Edited by KN1
  • Like 2