British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Somerset Ela & Somerset V Poole 14/4/17 Good Friday.

As the saying goes.... You reap what you sew. Certainly applied for Poole last night. Wonder how many meets KK will miss this season and how many points it will cost them. Hopefully just enough.

• Like 2

If Garrity actually tried to score points, he wouldn't have got more than 4, so he didn't really cost us in the end. Isn't the Coventry meeting next week? Interesting to see the reception he gets! Lol.

A very enjoyable meeting on a chilly April evening. One of the biggest crowds for a league match that I have seen at the OTA.

The track was pretty slick and sure there was dust from the start, but I've seen it a lot worse at both Somerset and other tracks. The meeting started off a little processional but within 3/4 heats there was the usual passing and re passing.

For the Rebels, Josh was looking quick, and along with a resurgent Tungate, a spectacular Hougaard and the equally combative Jake Allen, the Rebels were really up for the fight.

Poole with the poor Garrity at number one, showed the potential and depth of their side by producing a battling performance. Hans Andersen rolled back the years with a fine performance. Using skill and guile in one race shepherding Nicolai Klindt home and protecting him from both Tungate and Starke who were constantly snapping at both Pirates heels, and using aggression where needed in protecting his own lead from Gracijonek and Tungate in heat 13 when arguably, both were quicker.

Brady Kurtz looked like he hadn't forgotten the quickest way around the OTA, but got squeezed out a couple of times on the first bend and then getting stuck in traffic. Once he was free, he looked very fast, but inevitably had too much ground to make up.

Good to see Jake Allen get up from a high speed head first into the first bend crash too. When interviewed after, he stated he had 'wrecked his bike and ate rubbish'. Certainly it looked an expensive one, as his machine was literally carried back to the pits with the forks and frame at different angles.

Good to see fellow Rebels fan idh celebrating his birthday in the clubhouse. I didn't realise you are almost as old as Bill Hancock mate!

If Garrity actually tried to score points, he wouldn't have got more than 4, so he didn't really cost us in the end. Isn't the Coventry meeting next week? Interesting to see the reception he gets! Lol.

I'm sure he will be really bothered 😂

• Like 1

No that for sure do you ? No I thought not..

Was you there, no I thought not.

Kasprzak had the chance to ride but choose not to so he made even less of an effort than Garrity. All these Poole fans slating Garrity should be slating your no.1 international superstar instead.

They watered the track heavily last night and it was still sodden this morning, the track again was watered heavily this morning as well.

The boys do what the riders tell them during the meeting, if the say no water then its no water, simple as that. Im guessing your not a rider...

Besides, you should have seen the dust bowl tonight at the OTA. .Pot kettle black.

So if KK couldn't get back what does he do,, run...

Nevermind Eh, at least we took more than you over the two meetings,,, eh.

That's besides the point, you were claiming it'll be a walk in the park and 7 points were on their way to Poole. Instead you've outscored us 4 points to 3 against the side everyone is saying will finish bottom. I'd expect more from the league favourites so Poole must be gutted... even more so as they've made you look daft... eh eh eh??

Weird, the rules didn't allow it. Why would he bother.

Also weird that there were flights available last night and this morning. That's the joy of the internet, skyscanner exists for us to see exactly what flights are available

I was going to make that point - first of all there was no flights, then the rules wouldn't allow it, but it turns out there was flights so the rules must of allowed it for him to try... yet he somehow he couldn't book flights. None of which adds up to make any sense other than bull$hit.... Edited by Najjer
  • Like 2

I said at the time starman that was a foolhardy prediction and so it proved. Somerset on heir own patch are a different team to the one on their travels. They have riders who were there last season and are dialled in.

It ws great to see a big crowd like that. Only crowd I have ever seen bigger there is the PL pairs the night before Cardiff and it wasn't much short of that.

So many Poole fans in attendance as well which was great to see.

End of the day points dropped but it won't hurt us as we will finish at the top end of the table. A full strength Poole team would have walked asay with four points last night and everyone knows that. Nd that's said with no disrespect to Somerset who beat the team put out in front of them last night. Just one of those things when there were no decent quality guests available.

• Like 1

Next stop Swindon on Sunday afternoon. Lets go for the 4 points.

No chance, dream on

• Like 1

But if his 4 points were scored by beating Somerset riders you would have won 47-43 but rider replacement would surely have done the job.

Edited by Barrow Boy 2
  • Like 1

don't think there will be many about to be honest unless the price is right
  • Like 1

As a Poole fan, I find this rather embarrassing.

I had a friend who missed her flight back to the UK on Thursday afternoon.. She managed to get another flight back from a different Airport and got to the UK before midnight on Thursday.I know, I picked her up from the Airport! Had it not been for this, I could have perhaps given KK the benefit of the doubt. I am a KK fan by the way!!

I tend to agree with Racers and Royals, this doesnt sit comfortably with me.

I didnt go to either meeting as I was working, didnt even get to Plymouth in the end. However, it seems Poole ended up winning comfortably in the morning, with or without guest points and lost in the evening to a better side. They even got payback by choosing Garrity, as with R/R it seems they might well have won.

Not at all happy with the way Ford has alienated most other fans against my home bred team. The sooner he goes the better as far as I am concerned.

Poole will always be my team, but I cannot and will not continue to condone his miserable actions. Not now and then, but almost every meeting.

• Like 5

I don't profess to know all the rules and regulations inside out, but on the main point of contention, the non appearance of KK, I understand (from the horses mouth) that Somerset questioned the use of Morris in the morning with the referee and were told that Poole had been granted a facility and that was that. I don't know how this works. Should that facility have been removed when the Polish meeting was called off? Guess the BSPA haven't the bottle to do that, and no doubt there would be excuses given as to why he couldn't get back.

From a Poole point of view I am disappointed with the lack of commitment by our number 1, but like most riders now Poland is much more important than the UK. Maybe he just wanted to spend Easter with his family? ;)

As far as the evening is concerned it is unfair to blame Garrity as it was good of him to take the booking at late notice and drive down from Manchester(?) on Good Friday. If we Poole fans want to whinge it must be over the decision not to go with r/r which would almost certainly got us the win. Whatever anyones opinions of Matt are he is usually pretty astute, just that last night proved he's not infallible.

Well done to the Rebels. They beat what was put in front of them.

• Like 8

A lot of Poole fans are honest posters on here they are let down by the usual mouthpieces who could never give an unbiased report.They are an embarrassment to their club.

• Like 1

Stepping aside from the whole Kasprzak/Garrity/dustbowl/we-would-have-won-at-full-strength-yah-boo-sucks exchanges, perhaps we could collectively take a little pleasure from Somerset's victory. Not because Poole were the opposition, but because the Rebels are new to the top flight and victory in front of what was apparently a big crowd should help them make a success of the transition. The same applies to Rye House beating Wolves first up, although from a black and gold perspective obviously I would have preferred a different result. Sometimes we need to take a wider view, IMHO.As an aside, that was a very honest post from BobC. Not easy to criticise the club you support, and whether you agree with his reasoning or not the point of view was put with clarity and conviction.

well said i believe you are a kk fan as well

I haven't read any Poole fans not saying well done to Somerset on their win. Everyone has said they deserved the win by beating the team put in front of them. In that respect the Somerset fans went home happy with the win, Poole fans can take heart in the knowledge that a full strength team would have picked up the win.

R/R was definately the call to make. Sometimes the wrong decision is made and this was one of them.

Anyway onwards and upwards. 4 points at Swindon tomorrow will make up for it.