British Speedway Forum
kermitfrog

Berwick Vs Glasgow

He looked quick enough last night , and the effort was there , but as someone previously said , you cant give the likes of Richie Worrall , Lawson or Summers a start .

But it wasn't just Bridger , Vissing started off like a train before fizzling out when it got to the tickly part of the meeting .

Yip,looks a class act on the bike and no lack of effort but was like a snail out of the gate every heat.Summers impressed me last night.

Yip,looks a class act on the bike and no lack of effort but was like a snail out of the gate every heat.Summers impressed me last night.

Summers certainly had the bit between his teeth last night , his ride in heat 11 was probably the turning point of the meeting . And his animated after race celebrations got the large travelling support on the back straight fired up .

Delighted to hear it was another good meeting, racing wise.

Perhaps some Berwick fans need to be thankful they have any Speedway to watch, win, lose or draw.

• Like 3

Summers certainly had the bit between his teeth last night , his ride in heat 11 was probably the turning point of the meeting . And his animated after race celebrations got the large travelling support on the back straight fired up .

Glasgow fans seemed to be having a sponsored silence then came to life the last 5 heats good meeting and well done Glasgow

• Like 4

Perhaps some Berwick fans need to be thankful they have any Speedway to watch, win, lose or draw.

That statement could be applied for every club in the country
  • Like 8

Glasgow fans seemed to be having a sponsored silence then came to life the last 5 heats good meeting and well done Glasgow

We were just lulling you into a false sense of security :P anyway , blame Kenny Tait , he came down to gloat , then it all went pear shaped :drink:

Typical Kenny lol I was getting served at bar when you all started cheering thought it was for me buying a round not spud winning the race :drink::drink:

Typical Kenny lol I was getting served at bar when you all started cheering thought it was for me buying a round not spud winning the race :drink::drink:

That was a brilliant race , as was Gappmaier versus Lunna in heat 14

• Like 2

Certainly two cracking races, and there was a few more, I don`t mind losing meetings when the speedway is as good as we saw last night.

But it would be nice to win......sometime.

• Like 2

That was a cracker, to be fair racing has been much better this season at Berwick all we need now is a win

• Like 4

Lads & Lassies, lets get a grip. Don't agree with Dick and his many aliases, when it comes sniping about 'The Forum Fannies', they have an opinion and are entitled too it. I do however agree with some of his opinion in the programme about what we have now, just a pity didn't air his view previously when it had been so bad, I always believe in saying it even if some don't like it.

1. We have speedway

2, We have a much improved track ( been pants for quite a few seasons, of late)

3. We have at good crowds at the moment, may that support long continue, it had dwindled to what can only have been unsustainable.

4. We have had some of the best racing in recent memory, have to go back at least 10 years for this level of entertainment.

I know we are not winning, but I have been entertained every week with some very good racing, certainly worth my entry fee. The team has a few problems at present, let's give the management time to sort them out, let's see if the riders problems can be solved before we start changes, knee jerk reactions are not always the answer. The way I see it, the riders that are having problems, if we dropped them, who do we replace them with, everything available is about the same as we have now, no top end riders, and certainly no bottom end riders.

Stick with it Lads & Lassies, the management is new and on a learning curve, they will overcome the problems. Remember speedway so far at Shielfield this season, is better than you have been served in recent seasons.

• Like 5

Certainly two cracking races, and there was a few more, I don`t mind losing meetings when the speedway is as good as we saw last night.

But it would be nice to win......sometime.

Glad someone is of the same mindset as I =D

Lads & Lassies, lets get a grip. Don't agree with Dick and his many aliases, when it comes sniping about 'The Forum Fannies', they have an opinion and are entitled too it. I do however agree with some of his opinion in the programme about what we have now, just a pity didn't air his view previously when it had been so bad, I always believe in saying it even if some don't like it.

1. We have speedway

2, We have a much improved track ( been pants for quite a few seasons, of late)

3. We have at good crowds at the moment, may that support long continue, it had dwindled to what can only have been unsustainable.

4. We have had some of the best racing in recent memory, have to go back at least 10 years for this level of entertainment.

I know we are not winning, but I have been entertained every week with some very good racing, certainly worth my entry fee. The team has a few problems at present, let's give the management time to sort them out, let's see if the riders problems can be solved before we start changes, knee jerk reactions are not always the answer. The way I see it, the riders that are having problems, if we dropped them, who do we replace them with, everything available is about the same as we have now, no top end riders, and certainly no bottom end riders.

Stick with it Lads & Lassies, the management is new and on a learning curve, they will overcome the problems. Remember speedway so far at Shielfield this season, is better than you have been served in recent seasons.

Completely agree Taffy.

Always a 1st Scott :wink:

You know that's not the first time we've agreed Taffy :P