British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Noodles

World Games Pairs 29/7/17

Youve changed your tune from earlier in the season when i suggested Drabik was a better rider

I will put my hands up, yes it looks like I'm very wrong, to be honest the first time I watched Lambert ride this year was at Somerset in the pairs, very impressive.

But after traveling many miles watching him in the UK & Europe I'm starting to have my doubts

Looking at your avatar u must be very lonely.

Must be something to do with the stuff Mr Shoveller shovels

Well Poland won it but it was a complete scam in heat 21. With the Aussies gone the ref decided to exclude Janowski after a lap who was at the back to give Zmarzlik another go.

Zmarzlik winning the re-run of 21 made no difference. The Aussies still went straight to the final. The Swedes would have picked gates in the semis but that's about it.

Janowski left the track in the run up to the first bend. Whether the race needed stopping is another matter?

Well tonights meeting just showed where GB stands in the world standings and how much needs to be done by the bspa, who unfortunately, are responsible for our standard of riders, if we are to improve.

Like him or not Tai was in the pits tonight trying to help out, he has got to be bought back into the GB set up as he knows more about what the team needs than the whole of the bspa.

I thought Tai was a product of this poor system ...

The alternative is for all the Brit riders to refuse to ride for GB as without a professional attitude and backing from the authorities they are all wasting their time, It will not be long before Team GB will need to qualify for the SWC, what a joke.

If someone shakes the bspa, gets backing to run test matches both here and on the continent then Team GB might be able to compete with the likes of Poland and Denmark etc.

Which followed other top Brit riders who refused to ride for those who ran Team GB, so that gives the impression it is the authorities and not the riders who need to sort themselves out.

Any very good rider that has to work with for a group who cannot see what is wrong soon becomes fed up with them and just walks away.

Denmark got knocked out in the first round and will have to qualify next year and Team Gb has finished above them the last two years ...so not sure why you have used them as an example of teams we need to compete with .

Poland are miles ahead of anyone and will be for a long long time the others are a much of a muchness . What do these other sides do like Denmark and Sweden and the AUS do what we don't do ?

Edited by orion

I thought Tai was a product of this poor system ...

Denmark got knocked out in the first round and will have to qualify next year and Team Gb has finished above them the last two years ...so not sure why you have used them as an example of teams we need can't compete with .

Poland are miles ahead of anyone and will be for a long long time the others are a much of a muchness . What do these other sides do like Denmark and Sweden and the AUS do what we don't do ?

We just need to have experience against any other nations teams as we have become worse in the world standings. All countries have poor times as Denmark are at the moment.

It seems to be the case that all these other countries have proper training schemes and allow much younger riders to race in leagues than we do. Just look at the standard of most of the Aussie youngsters that arrive in the UK as opposed to ours.

Now more and more Brit youngsters are racing and a few are taken abroad to get experience which is something that needs to be expanded if we ever want to perform better than we did last night .

Zmarzlik winning the re-run of 21 made no difference. The Aussies still went straight to the final. The Swedes would have picked gates in the semis but that's about it.

Janowski left the track in the run up to the first bend. Whether the race needed stopping is another matter?

But surely having gate pick in the semi was giving advantage to Poland? It was an un needed red light. The race could easily have continued and if Janowski had been in a scoring position, which looked unlikely after the first bend, the result could have been altered. The Aussies were well clear and without the call back would more than likely smashed inthe 5-1. The Swedes would then have picked the favourable gates.

I thought it stank the meeting out.

• Like 1

from what i have been told maybe one of lambert's problems is having mummy,daddy and girlfriend hanging round him at most if not every meeting which must be a distraction,time to cut the ties and be one on one with his mechanic and focus on the job without the hangers on.

• Like 5

from what i have been told maybe one of lambert's problems is having mummy,daddy and girlfriend hanging round him at most if not every meeting which must be a distraction,time to cut the ties and be one on one with his mechanic and focus on the job without the hangers on.

Think he needs Olle Allen back in his camp ASP

We just need to have experience against any other nations teams as we have become worse in the world standings. All countries have poor times as Denmark are at the moment.

It seems to be the case that all these other countries have proper training schemes and allow much younger riders to race in leagues than we do. Just look at the standard of most of the Aussie youngsters that arrive in the UK as opposed to ours.

Now more and more Brit youngsters are racing and a few are taken abroad to get experience which is something that needs to be expanded if we ever want to perform better than we did last night .

Have we ...we have come 4th and 2nd in the last two world cups much better than we have been doing while Denmark have been total rubbish and have no decent riders on the horizon the same as Sweden ..I understand we need to get better but can't understand this look at these other nations as besides Poland none are better off than we are

• Like 1

I have wondered about this myself,but try not to judge something i don't know enough about.I do think at his age it is time to start standing on your own two feet and get an independant team around you.This on a day when i have seen that young Australian rider Kenyan Rew who is currently in Denmark doing a season on 85cc has decided to do a season next year on 500cc and his family in Australia are applauding him for his independance at the age of 15!!!!

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

Perhaps we should not turn our nose up at the likes of Germany, Czech, France and Italy and consider having a European competition with them and full team meetings home and away (not 4TT) and have it as a knock out cup. This could be based on the top team in each respective league at a cut off date in the season, say 31st July, and then fix the meetings for September and final early October. With some positive thinking and the will to see it through why should it not work. Beats watching the same old Poland, Aussies and one of the Scandinavian nations. Is it not time to scrap the annual World Cup anyway and hold it every two or three years with full seven man teams rather than individuals pretending to race as a team in a 4TT.

This is what I was wondering too when I was walking around in the paddock. In most cases these kind of team setups do not really work. Good exception though is the James Shanes.

We have the same problem in Holland with Romano Hummel (going big in longtrack racing). When his family not around him he seems to be more relaxed and perform much better.

THAT'S a view that has been circulating for a long time, Of course, early doors he didn't have a driving licence and needed his parents to ferry him around but he needs to cut the umbilical cord.

• Like 2

Can you tell us PHIL, is Tai advising Stevie Worrall alone, has he not been asked by Robert for help? Could you ask the Speedway Star to interview both Tai and Steve about it, we would all be interested to know ....