British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Restaging: Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Redcar Bears ( S G B Championship) - Now On Easter Monday, April 17th (5.30pm)

Barkers always good value one way or another. Well done the bears!

Edited by lewy
  • Like 1

Barkers always good value one way or another. Well done the bears!

If he's trying to emulate Crazy Jack Millen he's got a long way to go yet.

Barker was his usual entertaining self... a joy to watch.. as was Garrity. I didn't see anything untoward, just very good racing from the pair of them.

Very lacklustre from Scunny today... we'll struggle big time until we get the reserves sorted.. Wallner would've made the difference, that I have no doubt. The sooner the averages come out and changes can be made the better.

After a few drab opening heats the racing improved immensely .. most Scunny riders had one good ride but their individual performances lacked any form of consistency. For the Bears, Wright, Garrity and Barker were good value, young Perks also impressed.

I would've loved to see Auty line up in heat 15, he would've been our greatest chance of victory... but I guess he was still feeling the effects of that heat 11 pile up... To be honest, didn't see anything other than a 5-1 reversal when the heat 15 line ups were announced.

A bit disappointed and despondent tonight... but fair play to Redcar, exposed our weakness at reserve and thoroughly deserved their win.

• Like 4

30 minutes to get round the orbital then towards Normanby! Nearly walk it in that time, quickly tho'. :lol::t:

couldnt drive there in 30 mins where ive been iron scorp. ;)

Not a good score from Douglas again. Scunny can never seem to get all the riders going at once. When a couple hit a good score, there always seems to be a couple that don't. Anyway the reserves are a major issue, especially as the team was set up to be powerful at reserve.

It wasn't lost by the reserves really, it was number 1 not being a 1.

Is Bailey with us for the season?

Happy i didn't go.

Hence why I mentioned Douglas first.

couldnt drive there in 30 mins where ive been iron scorp. ;)

Sorry. Thought you might have been at Glanford Park to see the mighty Iron get to the play-offs but still a chance of promotion. I know a few friends that did not attend because of the footy.

• Like 1

It wasn't lost by the reserves really, it was number 1 not being a 1.

Is Bailey with us for the season?

Happy i didn't go.

Happy to miss so good racing? bit of a bummer to loose but an enjoyable meeting with some decent racing

shame Auty didnt know what day it was after his nasty looking crash as id have loved to see him back on track with Garity and Barker again in ht 15

• Like 1

Douglas was also on his GTR so still trying for perfect set-ups. :sad::cry: He is better than his scores at the moment. He said he was going to use his GM from last year at home, which should help the team & his bank balance more.

I have read on social media that Porsing(for K/Lynn) has, also, been struggling but Buster had a few words about which teethed sprockets to use & he scored well at Rye House. He just needs to find the final tweeks with carburettor & timing for perfect running. Get Buster to the EWR :lol::approve::t:

• Like 1