British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Kent V Lakeside Mon 17th April 3pm

With big hitter Luke Bowen and a fairly strong strength in depth,Kent side ,,this is going to be hard for Lakeside despite their own big guns Ben and Zack being in great form... ..Personally i am hopeing they may give Jamie Couzins a run out he knows the track and can hardly do worse than the reserves so far....Weather looks OK ,and i hope all the riders have a good ,safe meeting,,.

With big hitter Luke Bowen and a fairly strong strength in depth,Kent side ,,this is going to be hard for Lakeside despite their own big guns Ben and Zack being in great form... ..Personally i am hopeing they may give Jamie Couzins a run out he knows the track and can hardly do worse than the reserves so far....Weather looks OK ,and i hope all the riders have a good ,safe meeting,,.

You should look at the Lakeside 2017. Your prayers have been answered

TMW..yes seen it ..I hope it is the right move Jamie is reasonable. Out of the starts,,sits on the white line and makes less mistakes than some at his level..

TMW..yes seen it ..I hope it is the right move Jamie is reasonable. Out of the starts,,sits on the white line and makes less mistakes than some at his level..

So why wasn't he chosen for the place from the off? I suspect because he couldn't ride this weekend and the powers that be thought Ryan wouldn't travel for a couple of 'guest' rides.

If that is the case they don't know the McDonalds very well and could have saved everybody a lot of grief by just explaining to him he wasn't quite what they were looking for, maybe even use difference, and ask just ask him to do a couple of meetings for them. I'm sure Ryan and Gordon would have obliged. Now his confidence has taken an almighty walloping. As if it wasn't low enough already. Anyway Good Luck to Jamie Couzins. It's fair to say non of this is his fault

If Lakeside ever do well away then it should be at Kent. Morley has probably won more races there than anybody, Zach should beat everybody bar Bowen, Mason will actually score as a heat leader and it's basically a home meeting for Couzins. If the Hammers struggle again then I think it shows how lacking they will be away from the raceway.

So why wasn't he chosen for the place from the off? I suspect because he couldn't ride this weekend and the powers that be thought Ryan wouldn't travel for a couple of 'guest' rides.

If that is the case they don't know the McDonalds very well and could have saved everybody a lot of grief by just explaining to him he wasn't quite what they were looking for, maybe even use difference, and ask just ask him to do a couple of meetings for them. I'm sure Ryan and Gordon would have obliged. Now his confidence has taken an almighty walloping. As if it wasn't low enough already. Anyway Good Luck to Jamie Couzins. It's fair to say non of this is his fault

We tried but when you have to race 2 of the hardest tracks in British speedway it's always going to be hard to get it right first meeting but Ryan was looking forward to Kent where he has gone well the 2 times he had ridden there winning one reserve race first time there and coming second to Danny Ayres the second time as that's a track he likes and is used to riding that size of track up here as there is no small tracks up here good luck to Jamie Edited by mac101
  • Like 3

I believe Ryan was told he was in for the two meetings.Then it was up to him to consolidate his position...After which. Kelvin would make a decision...which he has done..

Edited by waco

I believe Ryan was told he was in for the two meetings.Then it was up to him to consolidate his position...After which. Kelvin would make a disition...which he has done..

That is not what Ryan was told as we new we would struggle on lakeside and Eastbourne just because of the size of them but new we could have done a lot better at Kent but never got the chance but good luck to Jamie

Glad Jamie has a team spot, gutted ur's not at central park. Almost certain he will end up on a 5 point plus average.

Hope Jamie is given a chance, I am sure his dad will be a big asset to have in the pits wth his knowledge of bikes.

I hope Ryan gets another chance,.. maybe at a track more suitable

• Like 2

Poor showing from Bowen over the weekend .some one tell me what went wrong as i find his score hard to believe...

Why no George Hunter today?

Why no George Hunter today?

Hip injury according to Facebook :(

Poor showing from Bowen over the weekend .some one tell me what went wrong as i find his score hard to believe...

Kevin Jolly reportedly threw a punch at him and has been reported to BSPA/SCB - although that was after heat 13 where Bowen had been excluded