British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Coventry Select. 19/4/17 7.30pm

I will be going to the meeting although some earlier clarity in the price of admission would have been helpful. I hope to see the Bee's back in Speedway soon and good luck in sorting out all the nonsense and politics that has been going on.

Rosco has posted

Expensive night for a friendly #araldite @BomberHarris37

Bike problems in his first heat

How much longer we gonna stick with the KK get him replaced.

Wait till after May 1st when Swindon are there.

• Like 2

Decent meeting played out in front of a smaller than average crowd. These meetings are put on for the Coventry fans. Such a shame so few fans made the effort to attend. Spoke to Silver Bee before the meeting who was gutted hardly anyone from Coventry turned up.

The meeting was played out ona much better track with some good racing from Hans, Brady and Jack ~holder, who probably had his best meeting in Pirates colours.

For Poole.

KK seemed better tonight. Absolute garbage from the ref in heat 13 allowed King the flyer of all flyers. KK pulled up immediately thinking it all 4 back but ref let it go! An unbelievable call to be honest but perhaps he should have waited for the red light. 2.5/5

Jack Holder was stuck in and fast and agressive. Much better. 3.5/5

Kerr was trying so hard. Lost points with two falls. Can't fault his efforts. 2.5/5

Brady class again. Would have been a max but fluffed his heat 15 and Harris and king spent three laps team riding him out until he got through for third on the line. 4.5/5

Hans. Class again from the captain. Some good hard riding. Good form. 4.5/5

Klindt battled and made some good passes. Had one bad ride. 3/5

Shaney tried his heart out and battled all the way. Cant ask for more. 3/5 for effort alone.

For Coventry.

King started well before fading.2.5/5

Neilson tried. 2/5

Garrity didn't do much. 1.5/5

Bjerre gated twice and battled with Holder well. Best Coventry rider. 3.5/5

Harris blew his bike but didn't get close to a race win. 2.5/5

Sarjeant was poor. 1/5

Bates won one race. 2/5

Shame Coventry fans didn't turn up in any decent numbers. Felt like a challenge meeting, low key inthat respect. Bates and Shanes back next week fir the under 21's.

enjoyable meeting,track best its been this yr i thought.whats driving a lot of people mad this yr is the incessant playing of very very loud club music at every spare second,even when the green light is on,so loud you can hardly talk to the people around you,and the presenter needs to turn his mic back,when he starts shouting in his dorset agricultural tones its unbearable,but like i say was agood meeting

......Steve Shovlar......Decent meeting played out in front of a smaller than average crowd. These meetings are put on for the Coventry fans. Such a shame so few fans made the effort to attend. Spoke to Silver Bee before the meeting who was gutted hardly anyone from Coventry turned up.

Hardly surprising is it on a Wednesday night with the majority of people working? I know if I went I'd want to spend a week there on holiday to make the journey worthwhile. :lol: There was a good attendance at Peterborough because the match was held on a Sunday afternoon and no doubt lots of Coventry fans will be at Leicester too on May 13th as it's a Saturday. Mid week meetings are difficult unless one is self employed and can afford to have two days off.

• Like 3

Not a bad meeting at all jack and Brady on the up Hans more aggressive this season kk dont know what that's all about not got going at all yet. Glad to get home though not very warm evening

Fair meeting for a challenge, and nice to see so many Coventry fans making the effort. :t:

• Like 2

Hardly surprising is it on a Wednesday night with the majority of people working? I know if I went I'd want to spend a week there on holiday to make the journey worthwhile. :lol: There was a good attendance at Peterborough because the match was held on a Sunday afternoon and no doubt lots of Coventry fans will be at Leicester too on May 13th as it's a Saturday. Mid week meetings are difficult unless one is self employed and can afford to have two days off.

Trouble is greyhounds tend to be on at the weekend, not a lot the promotion can do about that. Plus Peterborough and Leicester are a lot nearer. I'm not sure if it was on a Sunday at Poole it would make that much difference with the distance.

I thought there was reasonable contingent from Coventry. Vocal at least. It is a bit disingenuous to suggest that loads of people could go to a mid week meeting 3 hours away with work and families to consider. I was one of the lucky ones. And I was given a lift. A big thank you to those concerned. I was pleased to be there and enjoyed some good racing.

• Like 2

Fair meeting for a challenge, and nice to see so many Coventry fans making the effort. :t:

S.S says the opposite? As Gemini stated it is midweek and most people have gone back to work. My other half was able to go and said the track and racing were good in the first half of the meeting before the track became slick. I think Cov. fans really are trying hard to attend as many meetings as possible but Poole on a Wednesday after the Easter break was always going to be a tricky one --- not everyone is retired.

Edited to say there wasn't a blue groove -- the track just became very slick. Apologies to Poole.

Edited by fliss44
  • Like 1

S.S says the opposite? As Gemini stated it is midweek and most people have gone back to work. My other half was able to go and said the track and racing were good in the first half of the meeting before the blue groove set in. I think Cov. fans really are trying hard to attend as many meetings as possible but Poole on a Wednesday after the Easter break was always going to be a tricky one --- not everyone is retired.

I saw plenty of Coventry fans come in over the new grandstand side..

• Like 1

Enjoyed it myself. A decent Coventry contingent around us and we enjoyed a good night's racing.

Andersen superb for Poole. Looks like a new man. Blew King away in 13.

Great battle between Bjerre and Holder as well.

Thanks to Poole for their hospitality. Not too bad a crowd I didn't think. Reckon the meeting might just about have paid for itself which is about all that can be hoped for from a challenge these days.

• Like 1