British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Redcar Vs Ipswich 20/04/2017

Are Redcar decent for once or are Ipswich flattering to deceive yet again?

Probably bit of both. We're the "paper" champions of the world don't you know! For once, just ONCE it would be nice to turn that paper trophy it to one made of sterling silver!!

Delighted for Garcia. He is a quality rider who had a few injuries and bike problems last year, but he will become a fans favourite at Redcar if he gets a chance. Very stylish on the bike.

• Like 2

Not good enough witches! The key to this year is to build early season momentum. So far it has been Jeckyl and​ Hyde performances.

I'm convinced foxhall will be a fortress but we need to be more convincing in the early heats away from home to prevent us chasing a result.

I look forward to Ritchie's comments given what he has come out and said recently.

PS: fingers crossed Nico is OK

What has he said recently?

My personal preference is for custard with Humble Pie - very happy to be proved wrong. Well done, Coty.

Good team performance from the Bears with everyone chipping in. The match was tight up until 3 races to go and the final score makes it look more comfortable than it felt.

Think Covatti's crash knocked the stuffing out of the Witches - looked nasty and hope is is ok.

Not as many good races this week but can't complain about a good victory against one of the better teams in the League.

• Like 1

Think Redcar are a good side espiecially if Charles Wright keeps up that form .He has turned into a very good rider in the last couple of seasons .Who would have though he would have a better career than his brother a few seasons ago.

• Like 1

Think Redcar are a good side espiecially if Charles Wright keeps up that form .He has turned into a very good rider in the last couple of seasons .Who would have though he would have a better career than his brother a few seasons ago.

Rode really well around the showground and looked like a NO1 in the making, excellent performance .

I went after James in about 2003 for my then Gems, but was told Charles was the better rider and to go for him. Unfortunately my joint request to them was wasted, as Jan Staechman tool over the lease of Buxton and the Wright's never got the chance to ride for us.

Great victory, hope Nico is ok.

After last weeks hiccup it now is appearing that Redcar really do have a good team .

We may get a few slapping away from home (starting this weekend) but we are looking good at home , Big test next week against the jawdees but again the reserves will be the difference,.

Garrity & Barker in 13 & 15 .= The days of Havelock & Greaves

Excellent performance and yes, well done to Garcia - stepped up - he made a big difference, his points were huge. As the season goes on, the Bears will be harder and harder to beat at home - injury dependent - like with every team.

• Like 1

Good all round performance from the Bears - great to see Coty pick up some points. Hopefully a springboard for him.

Garrity and Barker superb to watch, first time in years I have genuinely felt we could get 5-1s in 13 and 15. Rode both heats hard but fair.

Best wishes to Nico - really nasty smash. Was on the track for a long time before being put in ambulance and very obviously in a lot of discomfort.

You see, never EVER play your "Ooppppsss" card too early ;)

I do when we won at Redcar and manager 40 at Sheffield ;) last comment before anyone says it means nothing as still nil points :lol:

Ippo were pretty in it for a point until Nico's crash and then got hammered on the last few heats, lets hope Nico's ok..... nasty

It is hard to quantify really. Heats 13 and 15 could have gone either way and it is hard to tell if Nico's injury would have had any affect on the Ippo riders (I'm sure on some level it must have).

I would have been confident without the injury the Bears would have done enough to win the meeting and prevent any away points though.

• Like 1