British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick V Scunthorpe Championship 22/4/17@7-00pm

Exactly. Never expected that but again lost out in reserves. Berwick would have been well beat BUT I stand by my choice of deciding not to go as I thought we would be well beat. Solid team again but Bailey must be a worry. Out of his depth in the Premiership but I thought he would be doing better in the Championship. Needs the confidence of heat wins in the NDL similar to how posters are having a go at Clegg

Josh Bailey rode ok tonight, looked smooth just needing a bit more speed.

I know almost nothin about bikes but clearly this revolution/Bridger business ain't working out from my vantage point.. looks class on Liam's bike. Think Berge and the awol Vissing may be shown the door..

• Like 1

I know almost nothin about bikes but clearly this revolution/Bridger business ain't working out from my vantage point.. looks class on Liam's bike. Think Berge and the awol Vissing may be shown the door..

As far as I know Bridger is in the process of getting rid of revolution and I agree looked a lot better on Liam's bikes. I think they already have been shown the door!

Oh dear. Talk about kicked when you are down. You could point to a couple of bits of bad luck tonight, heat 1 when Ryan Douglas jumps the start, goes to the back, but instead of punishing his own mistake, the race is stopped. Berwick were on a 4-2, the re-run is a 5-1 against. Then Bridger drops a chain trying to go round Douglas in heat 6. But overall just too many riders under performing.

Easiest thing in the world to start pointing fingers and criticise, I'll leave that for others to do.

What probably won't be said is that there was again good racing tonight, Bridger's last to second in heat 13 (good to see Lewis Kerr up and about that was a nasty one) and the heat 15 between Bridger and Palm Toft was excellent. Several other heats with passing as well, but that will be lost amongst the negativity around the result.

The crowd was, as expected, well down tonight and the result tonight won't have done anything to help matters.

Silver linings? Dany Gappmaier had his best meeting as a Bandit, brilliant tonight. And the NJL team won.

Maybe time for Gary Havelock to make some more drunken video messages on twitter?

Reading Dick Barrie's trivia on the website where he sarcastically say Scunthorpe should consider changing their name to the Bell Ends,I suggest he's talking about the wrong Team.

Foot and mouth disease and backfires on him once again he really should to the graceful thing and retire completly he is fast turning in to a complete embarresment.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 4

Why exactly was Claus missing?

Danish GP qualifier thingy?

• Like 1

Oh dear. Talk about kicked when you are down. You could point to a couple of bits of bad luck tonight, heat 1 when Ryan Douglas jumps the start, goes to the back, but instead of punishing his own mistake, the race is stopped. Berwick were on a 4-2, the re-run is a 5-1 against. Then Bridger drops a chain trying to go round Douglas in heat 6. But overall just too many riders under performing.

Easiest thing in the world to start pointing fingers and criticise, I'll leave that for others to do.

What probably won't be said is that there was again good racing tonight, Bridger's last to second in heat 13 (good to see Lewis Kerr up and about that was a nasty one) and the heat 15 between Bridger and Palm Toft was excellent. Several other heats with passing as well, but that will be lost amongst the negativity around the result.

The crowd was, as expected, well down tonight and the result tonight won't have done anything to help matters.

Silver linings? Dany Gappmaier had his best meeting as a Bandit, brilliant tonight. And the NJL team won.

Maybe time for Gary Havelock to make some more drunken video messages on twitter?

No defending some performances tonight. Berge for instance has been disappointing to say least. Vissing should hang his head in shame for what appears to be lack of interest in trying to get back from Denmark. Surely flights? Having said that Topsoil is correct. Heat 1 should not have been stopped, while Kerr should have been exc for bringing down Carr at start. With Bridgers bad luck and poor refereeing Berwick maybe could have snatched something but it not an excuse.

Only the rule book nerds will have heard of this, too many rules that ordinary speedway supporters don't know that is killing speedway

dont worry , a lot of football fans know about the off side rule . but still havent go a clue how it works .

Well I night to forget! A couple of bad disisions did not help, but does not get away from the fact the team is not working. Bridger exciting, busting a gut, needs to look at his equipment. As his last rides proved would LIKE to see him retained. I'm there to be entertained, Then there's Berge shown the door. Great potential but he's a professional or supposed to be, act like it, is it that hard to race for 60 seconds.Carr sorry but I did not want to see him return this year for berwick, finished last year on a high but only down to a period of gating consistently and he does not seem to do it to make a career out of it, cannot remember ever making a pass or attempt it, maybe berwick is not the track for him. You can pass at berwick or chase hard just got to be comitted, dropped. Doolan great captain, steady, good influence on the team.-retained. Vissing looked good first couple of matches, fast reliable then just lost the edge, prone to the 3rd bend wobble when needed, seems to slide off under pressure then tonight's should he of been there?- Not sure. Gappmaier- shown promise last year to warrant it, and proven it, got the desire, looks good, safe and steady on the bike would love to see him succeed.-Retain! Blacklock-not seen enough of him. Possibly needs to look up at Tom perry and a few others! now he's a one we should of had 1st on the team sheet for this year, pushing and able to pass. Berwick seems to suit him. So to top it off most of the team OK. 2 possible 3 changes we'll have a competitive team. How many more matches before new averages?

Guest Scunny2012

dont worry , a lot of football fans know about the off side rule . but still havent go a clue how it works .

Well that's me really confused now as i thought football was just running up and down a grass field kicking a bag of wind :icon_smile_clown:

All in all quite a night last night at Shielfield, first off well done to Scunthorpe on their way, yes Berwick can claim that luck was against them at times but to put last nights defeat purely down to bad luck would be wrong and very unfair on Scunthorpe. Clearly now, last nights defeat makes changes to the Berwick team inevitable, I think we will see two, first out will go Claus Vissing who appears would rather chase some kind of SGP dream than race for Berwick, that and it appears he didn`t leave the track last week in a van but on the huffy bus after not being selected for Ht15, either way I don`t see anyway back for Claus. Fair to say the club are disappointed to say the least with him.

Any hope of Berwick getting anything out of last night probably ended in Ht10 with Bridger, on a tactical, coming down on the first bend, hoping for a rerun, not getting one, leaving the track then rejoining the race miles behind everyone else and still overtaking his partner ( Berge ), who had by that stage all but giving up. Mr Berge would be the second rider out for me, clearly doesn't want to be at Berwick and his attitude and performance last must have put any doubts in the managers head to bed.

Couple of positives, first Gappmaier, in the form of his life just now and Bridger, must faster out of the starts when on Liam Carr`s bike and still compeditive so I think there will be some talking to be done between rider and sponsor as, as we all suspected, his problems some to be machine and not rider.

• Like 2

All in all quite a night last night at Shielfield, first off well done to Scunthorpe on their way, yes Berwick can claim that luck was against them at times but to put last nights defeat purely down to bad luck would be wrong and very unfair on Scunthorpe. Clearly now, last nights defeat makes changes to the Berwick team inevitable, I think we will see two, first out will go Claus Vissing who appears would rather chase some kind of SGP dream than race for Berwick, that and it appears he didn`t leave the track last week in a van but on the huffy bus after not being selected for Ht15, either way I don`t see anyway back for Claus. Fair to say the club are disappointed to say the least with him.

Any hope of Berwick getting anything out of last night probably ended in Ht10 with Bridger, on a tactical, coming down on the first bend, hoping for a rerun, not getting one, leaving the track then rejoining the race miles behind everyone else and still overtaking his partner ( Berge ), who had by that stage all but giving up. Mr Berge would be the second rider out for me, clearly doesn't want to be at Berwick and his attitude and performance last must have put any doubts in the managers head to bed.

Couple of positives, first Gappmaier, in the form of his life just now and Bridger, must faster out of the starts when on Liam Carr`s bike and still compeditive so I think there will be some talking to be done between rider and sponsor as, as we all suspected, his problems some to be machine and not rider.

Agreed all around, I was told that Claus took the huff last week and then had 'no way' of getting to Berwick which seems like a load of rubbish to me?!

Heat 10 was an embarrassment to our club and actually hurt deeply watching it

And for people saying there's no point in keeping Carr we have to have a 2 pointer at 7 so when Liam average comes down to 2 are we really going to drop him for a national league rider who hasn't seen the tracks before?

Havelock and Peet having to be split up by stewards because Peet was trying to get Berge excluded for 'not trying' in heat 10 (rightly so in my opinion)

Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea
  • Like 1

Well that's me really confused now as i thought football was just running up and down a grass field kicking a bag of wind :icon_smile_clown:

Don't think that you'd be allowed to kick Dick Barrie up and down the football pitch :lol:

Agreed all around, I was told that Claus took the huff last week and then had 'no way' of getting to Berwick which seems like a load of rubbish to me?!

And for people saying there's no point in keeping Carr we have to have a 2 pointer at 7 so when Liam average comes down to 2 are we really going to drop him for a national league rider who hasn't seen the tracks before?

Havelock and Peet having to be split up by stewards because Peet was trying to get Berge excluded for 'not trying' in heat 10 (rightly so in my opinion)

Looks like Claus has been comparing notes with Krzystof Kasprzak

• Like 1

Carr has had a couple of accidents recently that must knock his confidence, but in general his scoring has been poor so his place in the team must be in question and somehow I done see dropping to reserve improving things. Bridge showed last night Carr's kit is quick enough.