British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Newcastle Koc 2nd Leg 22/04/17 19:00hrs

Shouldve had the rules so that tied on aggregate goes to golden heats.

Every year the cup finals end up at the arse end of October due to early round delays (rain offs and ties and not agreeing new dates)

• Like 2

So who won the Ian Thomas shield as that could of had golden heats or are they sharing the shield.

So who won the Ian Thomas shield as that could of had golden heats or are they sharing the shield.

no one won it !

the shield will be decided when the re run is sorted .

up until then , its still ours .

A good battling performance from Newcastle but once again heavilly outscored at reserve thereby putting extra pressure on the top 5, to those who are having a go at Danny Phillips can I ask who you would replace him with without radically restructuring the team bearing in mind that it would have to be a like for like replacement.

A good battling performance from Newcastle but once again heavilly outscored at reserve thereby putting extra pressure on the top 5, to those who are having a go at Danny Phillips can I ask who you would replace him with without radically restructuring the team bearing in mind that it would have to be a like for like replacement.

That's the point I was making, he probably can't be replaced which means we are stuck unless Coles improves significantly as the weeks progress. This was predictable though, the evidence was there from last season that this would be a real problem. I can only assume they thought Coles would be better than he has been so far. Certainly not writting him off but he is almost the key rider now.

Enjoyed last nights meeting & special thanks to Dan the man for his hospitilaity

• Like 2

That's the point I was making, he probably can't be replaced which means we are stuck unless Coles improves significantly as the weeks progress. This was predictable though, the evidence was there from last season that this would be a real problem. I can only assume they thought Coles would be better than he has been so far. Certainly not writting him off but he is almost the key rider now.

in defence of conner coles. in heat 2 he was a bit behind, BUT got better as the meeting went on .

we have got to give these kids a chance , conner looks a good prospect for the future .

also been impressed with rob shuttleworth , never ran a last , 4 paid 6 from this kid . well done shutty .

also good to see the real lambert finally turn up at workington .

well done to our k10 rider from glasgow , knocking in the points . well done the king of flubber !

isnt craig cook the best rider you will ever see @ your track this season ?

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Echoing what jenga said, Connor coles certainly improved in each outing and Danny Philips was always in the mix and attacked the track even if it did result in a few mistakes.

On another note, I was very impressed with Craig cook too. Never really been a fan of his before but his team ethic and attitude was impressive - great team riding with Mason campton, out on track giving advice and he was rapid too. Made me change my mind a little about him!

Edited by alkadera
  • Like 1

Enjoyed last nights meeting & special thanks to Dan the man for his hospitilaity

You're more than welcome, very nice to meet you and hopefully see you again on a sunny Saturday.

• Like 3

You're more than welcome, very nice to meet you and hopefully see you again on a sunny Saturday.

not many sunny days up here in cumbria though dan

so ill say hopefully see you up again on race days

The rider the Comets need going is Proctor. I thought he'd make mincemeat of that 6 point average of his but he wasn't impressive on Saturday and it looks as though he was worse on Sunday.

The rider the Comets need going is Proctor. I thought he'd make mincemeat of that 6 point average of his but he wasn't impressive on Saturday and it looks as though he was worse on Sunday.

Never rated Proctor actually, and always flatters to deceive. His form was very poor prior to his original Visa problem.