British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Newcastle Koc 2nd Leg 22/04/17 19:00hrs

So Workington Comets go in this second leg against the Diamonds with a eight point deficit to make up.

The Newcastle side have a solid look to them and will pose the Comets plenty of problems, so the lads will need to be on good form..... I can see this one going down to the wire but the Comets just edging it!

Will have to miss this one though.

Good luck Worky.

Looking forward to it, 3rd time lucky for NO rain off!

3rd time lucky have i missed something

weve only had 1 rain off this season as far as i know

Last season against Somerset, the other week against Newcastle, so yes, 3rd time lucky!

Last season against Somerset, the other week against Newcastle, so yes, 3rd time lucky!

No chance this time, forecast is very good.

My first visit this season to one of my favourite tracks.

ah 3rd time for you at workington

thought you ment this actual meeting

Would have been nice to get to worky to see this one, but my daughter is at some Karate thing and won't be back in time :(

I'd have given that the chop and gone to the speedway..... :P

• Like 1

suns oot , nice night for speedway .

hope the tracks watered well so i dont have to bring my goggles ans face mask .

last week was taking the ????

still pulling dirt from my eyes and nose .

good job it was free ! ha ha haaa . chill out steve .

Good result for the Diamonds to get a replay although it sounds like Worky threw away a few points.

If we are going to do anything this season though we must find some way of strengthening the bottom end of the team. The reserve pairing looked probably the weakest in the division at the start of the season and so it is proving. Coles is obviously inexperienced and it would be harsh to judge him on a handful of matches but he is finding it tough to score any points and he really needs a decent reserve alongside him to take the pressure off. Phillips just isn't good enough I'm afraid. That was fairly obvious last season and I wasn't really expecting anything to change this season as there were no real signs of any progress through the whole of last year. Whether we can do anything about is another thing; that fact that Phillips finished fourth in the recent U21 qualifier doesn't say much about the quality of riders at that level - might sound a harsh statement but it's probably a fact.

Think we made a mistake going in so weak at reserve and I fear it will cost us any chance of competing for anything this season. Workington aren't one of the stronger teams in my opinion.

Edited by NJC71

Not the best meeting I have seen at Derwent Park but not a bad one either.

Comets should have won the tie. Jorgensen was a clear leader in heat 7 when he stopped (throttle cable, apparently) and then Cook didn't seem to do Campton any favours in heat 10. Roynon's commendable efforts at team riding came undone in heat 14 when he came off the white line momentarily and Lindgren caught him. Should say that my two pals from Newcastle weren't impressed by the decision to exclude Morris in heat 1 (I didn't have a good view) and Hoggy told me it could have gone either way.

Shout for Campton - riding like that he might just be a real trump card for Workington this season.