British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Redcar Bears V Newcastle Diamonds Championship Thursday 27th April 2017

I'm about a mile and a half from the track. Had a short spell of drizzle but not enough to even dampen the paths.

Dry at the moment.

• Like 1

Heavier rain at the moment. Looking at weather radar should move through quite quickly but definitely the heaviest rain of the day.

Latest update from Bears Facebook is they are very confident the meeting will be on

• Like 1

Easy home win. Fear Redcar will expose the weak Diamonds lower order while Garrity, Wright & Barker (if on a good night) can keep our top 2 occupied.

Redcar have a good side this season and given our serious weakness at reserve (which surely can't be sustained) I expected an easy home win.

But that was abysmal from the Diamonds. Only Lindgren could be reasonably satisfied with his performance.

Well done Ellis Perks. Exceptional performance. Very shrewd signing by the Redcar promotion.

We are going to hand out some spankings this season at the STMP that is for sure. Such a solid team and Perks is doing so well. Not getting carried away as we are still in April, but pretty sure we won't be challenging for the wooden spoon...

• Like 2

Well done the Bears,looks like none of the Diamonds turned up tonight.

• Like 1

Looks like if Red can get an improvement on Richard Hell ; they would have a decent solid side.

We are going to hand out some spankings this season at the STMP that is for sure. Such a solid team and Perks is doing so well. Not getting carried away as we are still in April, but pretty sure we won't be challenging for the wooden spoon...

as soon as i seen the redcar 7 at the start of the season i knew they were going to be a great side .

no more a weak side . perks is a shrewd signing and it looks like they are all going to have a good season . enjoy this season bear fans as the bears are a different animal in 2017.

they will push worky very close on saturday and may even win .

has havvy lost it by having a good side this year ?

Some solid scoring from Ludvig, a late start by Ashley Morris and the odd flash by Steve Worrall.

But 11 heat winners and 10 heat advantages by Redcar tells it's own story.

• Like 1

Well done the Bears,looks like none of the Diamonds turned up tonight.

no, just the skipper ;)

• Like 1

no, just the skipper ;)

Pleased one of them did..

Edited by soupy
  • Like 1

Lambert 3 points ?Well done Redcar

There are times when you don't mind being wrong (not as wrong as some on the thread mind). I thought it would be close but it turned out to be a very comfortable victory for the Bears.

Excellent team performance - Hall excepted everybody chipped in but Perks was exceptional (but still didn't win Sponsors rider of the night which was a bit harsh)

For the Diamonds Lambert had a stinker (although how he stayed on in Heat 1 I'll never know), Worrall looked very fast when he gated (which wasn't that often) but that was the best racing performance I've seen from LIndgren, really mixing it.

Considering how wet the track was at the start there was some excellent racing later on and the meeting was completed in pretty good time.

Enjoyment back at Redcar and it's good to see.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 2