British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Ela 1/5/17 6pm

In the close season we read Matt Ford saying that he made a mistake not making a change to his 2016 team. Now in their local paper he is saying no team changes yet. He's lost the Midas touch and I would think he would walk if he got an acceptable offer.

See above. I read that as KK is gone.

KK to score 5, Poole to win.

KK to score 12,Poole win.

sorry FB, I was much closer, although even I didn't expect the team result!

Wouldn't surprise me to see Poole determined to lay down a marker today after Belle Vues defeat just now

looks like it's left to the reigning champions to do that. :t:

We both get a thumping. Not 1 match is easy this year.

Neither home team got a thumping. You both just lost at home. Simple as.

What I don't like with kk when he gives up like his first ride tonight

pretty standard KK.

Proctor, Auty or Hansen for Shanes if the Pirates keep Kerr and drop KK. Would mean Kerr and Klindt in reserve. Could be the answer. Some interesting options around at the moment for the likes of Somerset, Lynn and Poole.

still have to have at least one NL standard rider (or have come from NL) in reserve tho so not that simple.

Wouldnt be surprised for kk to walk out...hes done it beforeOr was that Bjarne at Leicester?

He has never 'walked', sacked 3 times tho. Soon to be 4.

Where is the KK that is meant to give his all for Poole??

No surprise he has shown his usual disinterest in racing over here.

Just to add well done to the Robins. Bank holiday meetings do throw up some odd results!

sorry FB, I was much closer, although even I didn't expect the team result!

looks like it's left to the reigning champions to do that. :t:

Neither home team got a thumping. You both just lost at home. Simple as.

pretty standard KK.

still have to have at least one NL standard rider (or have come from NL) in reserve tho so not that simple.

He has never 'walked', sacked 3 times tho. Soon to be 4.

Where is the KK that is meant to give his all for Poole??

No surprise he has shown his usual disinterest in racing over here.

Just to add well done to the Robins. Bank holiday meetings do throw up some odd results!

Matt Ford fudge for Magic??

You don't. Coventry didn't and Somerset don't.

Outstanding effort from the Robins tonight. Can't believe how much Poole struggled with the track conditions early on. Thought Hans would have adapted earlier and you'd expect KK to have done better but he clearly has motivational/confidence issues.

I'm sure Matt Ford will be looking at a replacement for him soon. Don't know if others agree but it seemed quite a poor attendance for this fixture

Well below the usual Bank Holiday expected attendance.

And it looks like Kings Lynn are getting cheesed off with Holder according to their thread. Perhaps a swap might be good..🐒

Edited by Sniffy

You don't. Coventry didn't and Somerset don't.

Bates rode in the NL whilst Starke and Wright both had spells in the NL.

Looking at it then at least one of your 1-7 has to be a product of the NL.

From the regulations

18.7 TEAM COMPOSITION

18.7.1 A SGB Premiership Teams initial Declaration must not exceed 50.00 and include at least 2

riders who have competed in or are eligible to enter the National Development League

(Conference League).

Edited by stevebrum

Bates rode in the NL whilst Starke and Wright both had spells in the NL.

Looking at it then at least one of your 1-7 has to be a product of the NL.

From the regulations

18.7 TEAM COMPOSITION

18.7.1 A SGB Premiership Teams initial Declaration must not exceed 50.00 and include at least 2

riders who have competed in or are eligible to enter the National Development League

(Conference League).

Did Newman? Otherwise I guess Kerr fulfils that criteria.

Did Newman? Otherwise I guess Kerr fulfils that criteria.[/quote ]

Yes for the spoons

I read so many Poole fans saying that KK is a different rider in a Poole race jacket.Nope..Bit like Holder for Lynn.Seems like they are going through the motions.They are probably going through the motions on a nice guarantee.

Said it so many times, worst thing ever was the promoters agreeing to pay riders regardless of points on the board, now they complain when they don't give 100%

For businessmen they really are terribly short sighted.

Said it so many times, worst thing ever was the promoters agreeing to pay riders regardless of points on the board, now they complain when they don't give 100%

For businessmen they really are terribly short sighted.

Never heard of Matt Ford paying a rider a wage instead of points money.

• Like 2

Getting rid of the reliable and dependable Holder was always a big risk and it's backfired, KK has been dire in every meeting he's ridden so far this season so a taxi must be on it's way very shortly. Options are limited, however Matt ford always seems to pull a rabbit from a hat in these situations.

I've not checked averages, but for my money Little Leon (as I've always called him) would be a good shout if, and here's the big IF, he would consider riding in the UK again.

Getting rid of the reliable and dependable Holder was always a big risk and it's backfired, KK has been dire in every meeting he's ridden so far this season so a taxi must be on it's way very shortly. Options are limited, however Matt ford always seems to pull a rabbit from a hat in these situations.

I've not checked averages, but for my money Little Leon (as I've always called him) would be a good shout if, and here's the big IF, he would consider riding in the UK again.

Ummm, Chris Holder hasn't done any better for Lynn. At least KK did better in his TR yesterday! ;)
  • Like 2

Ummm, Chris Holder hasn't done any better for Lynn. At least KK did better in his TR yesterday! ;)

True Lisa, but Holder has never liked KL and I was surprised to see he signed for them however I guess he wanted a UK ride and they offered him what he wanted after Matt F discarded him. He was pretty poor in the GP on Sat night too to be honest.

Edited by chris4gillian

Never heard of Matt Ford paying a rider a wage instead of points money.

Andersen a few seasons ago. He got paid around £2K per meeting, but had to finance all his own travel arrangements, van, mechanic etc.

I was hugely disappointed with KK yesterday. Not seen him ride this season until today and was, Im sorry to say, not even in his own shadow. Constantly fiddling with his set up cant be good. Maybe too much? I am beginning to think his time is up at Poole. Shame as Ive liked him since he first rode for us back in 2003.

Lots of unanswered questions for Poole right now.

Swindon deserved their win, although got a little lucky when KK stopped in Ht13. A draw would have been daylight robbery though.

Well done Swindon, you came, you saw, you conquered.