British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Ela 1/5/17 6pm

So Poole fans, what do you think the chances are of getting a meeting this evening? I use the BBC and Accuweather sites, one's talking about heavy downpours at 3 & 6pm and the other's saying thundershowers at similar times - what's the feeling locally? I have a 65 mile journey to Wimborne Rd & at the moment it looks too much of a gamble to go...

Leaving Swindon about 2, any weather updates would be great please.

So Poole fans, what do you think the chances are of getting a meeting this evening? I use the BBC and Accuweather sites, one's talking about heavy downpours at 3 & 6pm and the other's saying thundershowers at similar times - what's the feeling locally? I have a 65 mile journey to Wimborne Rd & at the moment it looks too much of a gamble to go...

I'm not in Poole (about 30 min drive) and it doesn't look too bad but going by rain today site the rain is just below IOW so it just depends how far east it goes when it hits inland.
  • Like 1

Its fine and sunny at the moment (approx 5 miles east of the stadium) there have been some showers but the latest weather charts show the big swirl of rain off the south/south west coast has gone further south than first predicted.

Still the chance of a slight shower later but all good at the moment.

Thanks for the updates, just leaving Swindon in the pouring rain! Fingers crossed we get a meeting tonight.

Im 200 metres from the Stadium,sat outside having tea and cake.

Lovely day here......so far.

• Like 3

Wouldn't surprise me to see Poole determined to lay down a marker today after Belle Vues defeat just now

Historically when rain clouds circle the Poole area, they seem to eventually empty their cargo on the track. Especially when the Robins are in town.

• Like 1

Just got the washing off the line..again!!! But it didnt amount to anything. The rain i mean. Im just down the road from the track. Possible shower later...Roscoes team i mean. Haha. Any amount of water to reduce the DUST here will be nice.

Edited by Sniffy

How's the weather in poole atm

How's the weather in poole atm

Its fine. Itll be ok.

We do need a light shower as there is no way they will water the track,definitely be too scared too!

Just got the washing off the line..again!!! But it didnt amount to anything. The rain i mean. Im just down the road from the track. Possible shower later...Roscoes team i mean. Haha. Any amount of water to reduce the DUST here will be nice.

Cheeky s#d :wink:

Enjoy the meeting

I take that back about the rain....theres a whopper of a dark cloud coming in towards Poole area. Bit thundery by the look of it.