British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
allthegearbutnaeidea

Berwick V Ipswich Championship 29/4/17

Good as it gives the club a chance to sort issues with the team, sort issues with the track etc, but bad as it also gives those who are disillusioned to find something better to do on a Saturday night, you get the feeling if changes arent made some won`t be back.

Not what Berwick need at all . Shame the track seems to have been bad last night , only a couple of weeks ago it produced a great meeting against Glasgow .

Hard to see where Berwick go from here , obviously riders attitudes instigated the necessary changes , but the balance of the side looks all wrong . When you have a tail as long as that you really need your three top men scoring close to 40 points , no easy task . I hope things work out for them , last thing the sport needs is to lose another track , but home defeat after home defeat brings it's own dangers financially , hope they can turn things around soon .

• Like 2

Good as it gives the club a chance to sort issues with the team, sort issues with the track etc, but bad as it also gives those who are disillusioned to find something better to do on a Saturday night, you get the feeling if changes arent made some won`t be back.

After seeing the line up I was actually in two minds about going last night and staying home and watching the GP , added to the fact it wasnt the warmest of evenings for hanging about feeling bored , but as the GP was almost as boring as the last night match I'm not sure if I made the correct choice in attending

Embarrassing product on show last night, christ knows what they did with the track for it to be so vastly different from previous weeks. Bridger looked to be on Joonas Kylmakorpi's gear last night? rode his arse off to his credit. Class grass tracking by him in heat 15.. immediately making him the best Berwick sportsmen to play on that pitch this season...What happened to the Patrick Hougaard patterr of last week? Was it Berwick rumours or we're we in talks with him? ... Hopefully when the averages change this week we can get a good team together at the third attempt.

Edited by DeeksYaMahaga
  • Like 1

Embarrassing product on show last night, christ knows what they did with the track for it to be so vastly different from previous weeks. Bridger looked to be on Joonas Kylmakorpi's gear last night? rode his arse off to his credit. Class grass tracking by him in heat 15.. immediately making him the best Berwick sportsmen to play on that pitch this season...What happened to the Patrick Hougaard patterr of last week? Was it Berwick rumours or we're we in talks with him?

I think we was but signed Morris instead?

Embarrassing product on show last night, christ knows what they did with the track for it to be so vastly different from previous weeks. Bridger looked to be on Joonas Kylmakorpi's gear last night? rode his arse off to his credit. Class grass tracking by him in heat 15.. immediately making him the best Berwick sportsmen to play on that pitch this season...What happened to the Patrick Hougaard patterr of last week? Was it Berwick rumours or we're we in talks with him? ... Hopefully when the averages change this week we can get a good team together at the third attempt.

I heard Hougard would of missed 3 meetings in the next month , maybe that's why they changed their minds

I'm sure Berwick have not finished making changes. They have more chance than anyone else in the league to do so.

• Like 1

Saturday was just embarrassing, especially after the fiasco the week before which was not the fault of the club, with one rider spitting the dummy and the other just not willing to ride.. For them to have prepared a track so badly is unforgivable, the person responsible, should either be re-trained or sacked. The track prep has been very good this season, the best we have had in the last 5 or 6 seasons, then they prepare a track that was bordering on being dangerous. Lets hope a big lesson has been learnt, and it will not happen again.

I had actually contemplated going to this given it was the first day of a long bank holiday weekend and I didn't get a speedway fix on Thursday.

Even though the Witches won I'm mighty glad I didn't go given the discussions about the track!

I couldn't quite grasp from the comments whether they used the covers or not for this one but if they did how on earth can they get track prep so wrong?

I had actually contemplated going to this given it was the first day of a long bank holiday weekend and I didn't get a speedway fix on Thursday.

Even though the Witches won I'm mighty glad I didn't go given the discussions about the track!

I couldn't quite grasp from the comments whether they used the covers or not for this one but if they did how on earth can they get track prep so wrong?

suggestions elsewhere have been that as the Witches moaned when it was wet and deep for the Cup match that Havelock tried to recreate the conditions and got it spectacularly wrong!! 😆

no rain, no covers, just Berwick trying their best to get a win imo but Ipswich riders refused to ride on it and the ref took their side, track was really bad tbf and I sided with your lots riders as everyone was freewheeling until the exits of bend 2 and 4. Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea

Not what Berwick need at all . Shame the track seems to have been bad last night , only a couple of weeks ago it produced a great meeting against Glasgow .

Hard to see where Berwick go from here , obviously riders attitudes instigated the necessary changes , but the balance of the side looks all wrong . When you have a tail as long as that you really need your three top men scoring close to 40 points , no easy task . I hope things work out for them , last thing the sport needs is to lose another track , but home defeat after home defeat brings it's own dangers financially , hope they can turn things around soon .

In general the actual racing has been good this season and meetings worth the admission money, which is all I ask. The Ipswich KOC meeting wasn't so good but you can blame the weather for that but it would appear from talking to people who were there last night the track was a disgrace with the racing non-existent for the most part, a bit of an own goal for the club.

Berwick`s crowds started off very good but a lack of travelling support plus a losing team have seen numbers drop, hopefully changes will be made so that we can at least be winning home meetings.

In general the actual racing has been good this season and meetings worth the admission money, which is all I ask. The Ipswich KOC meeting wasn't so good but you can blame the weather for that but it would appear from talking to people who were there last night the track was a disgrace with the racing non-existent for the most part, a bit of an own goal for the club.

Berwick`s crowds started off very good but a lack of travelling support plus a losing team have seen numbers drop, hopefully changes will be made so that we can at least be winning home meetings.

Can't argue with any of that. Up until Saturday the racing this season has been better than it's been for a long time. Even in the latter stages of Saturday there were some good races, especially involving Lewis Bridger. To me, the promotion have done a lot of good work this season, the only thing missing is a competitive team. Hopefully the break will allow the promotion to have a re-think over the lineup and learn from their mistakes on track preparation. There is still a long way to go this season, if a decent side can be put together, certainly long enough to have a respectable season and win fans back.

It just so happens that the last two matches (and perhaps next one against Peterborough) will be the three which will attract the least travelling fans. I wonder, for meetings like this if it would be worthwhile to try some sort of promotion to get bigger numbers in.