British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wolfsbane

Somerset V Wolves Friday 5th May 19;30

Come on you (partial) Wolves !

The Schlein signing has been a turning point. A move that the fans could see but one that the management surprisingly actually carried out.

Adams and CVS have changed their outlook in their golden years. Well done.

There should be a rule that for whatever reason a team cannot have more than two guests. To have half (well nearly) your side represented by other people's riders ain't good for your own pride. For the home side, well what do they think? Beaten by a group of riders that no way represent the team on the programme. Did Wolverhampton beat Somerset tonight? You tell me.

I think if Freddie had been there he would have scored more than Lambert (no disrespect to Lambert), so you tell me, were the rebels unlucky ?

• Like 2

Come on you (partial) Wolves !

The Schlein signing has been a turning point. A move that the fans could see but one that the management surprisingly actually carried out.

Adams and CVS have changed their outlook in their golden years. Well done.

I think if Freddie had been there he would have scored more than Lambert (no disrespect to Lambert), so you tell me, were the rebels unlucky ?

It really is a strange feeling :D

...... so you tell me, were the rebels unlucky ?

No, they were sold short.

No, they were sold short.

I don't think anyone disagrees with that. Doubling up has been discussed ad infinitum previously. The current day malaise, but who has a solution ?

We can't go upwards!

Have we gone top then?

Whoop whoop :t:

• Like 1

Well done for Wolves for playing the game, but a massive well done for Somerset for moving up.

And if my auntie...

Seriously, could have been all manner of reasons. I guess it's a judgement call in the end and Graversen had run a fourth last time out. Would be interested in the views of any Somerset fans who were there.

From a Wolves perspective, good to get on the board away from home. Thanks to the assorted guests and well done to Ellis Perks; seven from five may not catch the eye particularly but a reserve beating a home rider in each of five rides is the sort of score that can turn a match.

Could of been either or really. I don't think I've seen Jake Allen make a decent start all season so far, but you always feel abit more comfortable with him than Jan and generally normally looks quicker, even though his points tally doesn't show that. I mean that with no disrespect intended to Jan, who put in another good performance tonight and should be praised for that.

After losing to Swindon and Kings Lynn I went home wondering how we had lost both matches after feeling pretty comfortable in those matches - but tonight we never really seemed like winning right from the first heat. Praise must go to Josh Grajczonek again, simply sensational especially his heat 4 win from the back on Richie Worrall. I've never seen him ride so well as what he is around the OTA this year. After Josh and Jan I'm struggling to find much positives though. Rohan looked so much quicker than he has the past few weeks, but that's clutching at straws abit as again he just can't get out of the start. One has to wonder if we've witnessed Paul Starke's last home meeting for the rebels tonight too.

What happpened when Charles Wright came to grief? I wasn't watching him and just caught him hitting the deck very awkwardly. Glad he was okay as was at full speed at the end of the straight.

..... but who has a solution ?

i do. You can have double ups all you like. But if the fixtures play against you, that's your hard luck. Don't tell me my team is "my team" when it contains three guests. It ain't acceptable. Period.

• Like 1

i do. You can have double ups all you like. But if the fixtures play against you, that's your hard luck. Don't tell me my team is "my team" when it contains three guests. It ain't acceptable. Period.

Err, no. The fixtures shouldn't be planned that way.

• Like 2

Err, no. The fixtures shouldn't be planned that way.

Exactly that - the solution is to plan fixtures MUCH better.

• Like 1

Wolves will be the team to beat again this year, with the changes making a decent side into a very good one...

• Like 1

Fixtures, rules, I don't care. Wolverhampton did not beat Somerset tonight.

You cut it anyway you like. Tell me I'm wrong,

Belle Vue will be asking questions if you're right.

Could of been either or really. I don't think I've seen Jake Allen make a decent start all season so far, but you always feel abit more comfortable with him than Jan and generally normally looks quicker, even though his points tally doesn't show that. I mean that with no disrespect intended to Jan, who put in another good performance tonight and should be praised for that.

What happpened when Charles Wright came to grief? I wasn't watching him and just caught him hitting the deck very awkwardly. Glad he was okay as was at full speed at the end of the straight.

Thanks for that, appreciated. On Wright, Updates suggested he'd clipped the kickboard.

You're wrong.