British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Workington Ch 5/5/17 @ 7.30pm

so he came prepared then ! only bringing one bike to do a job that he was brought in for , yet still finished 2nd in his first ride and didnt fall off ..

me, i always have a wheel brace just in case i have to change a wheel . still a poor effort . sorry steve , you were not prepared enough .

could he not lend a bike ?

still mad as .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Guests are unreliable

My concern is Adam Roynan I know he does not like Armadale but his performances this year have for me been unacceptable. He looks to be riding last years equipment and that was not good enough last year let alone this.

Other teams are ruthless with team changes but I think Workington are soft keeping riders when they underperform, plenty of rider out there that would do much better than Adam.

Lovely lad but not getting enough points.

• Like 1

Steve was horrendous last night, if Cookie had been riding he would have definitely scored double figures, what an embarrassment of a guest.

Steve was horrendous last night, if Cookie had been riding he would have definitely scored double figures, what an embarrassment of a guest.

Thats the trouble with guests they are either "heroes or zeroes".
  • Like 2

My concern is Adam Roynan I know he does not like Armadale but his performances this year have for me been unacceptable. He looks to be riding last years equipment and that was not good enough last year let alone this.

And thats a surprise to you? There will be a raft of team changes over the next fortnight as the new averages come into effect so riders will be available. The challenge is finding someone on his average who would be better.

• Like 1

And thats a surprise to you? There will be a raft of team changes over the next fortnight as the new averages come into effect so riders will be available. The challenge is finding someone on his average who would be better.

The even bigger challenge is,do worky have the balls to do it?
  • Like 1

I wasn't at the match so I don't know the circumstances ...

But it seems a little strange to play the B/W against the home number 1 and then in the same heat switch out your "senior" reserve and bring in the "junior" one? Net result 4-4.

Stevie Worrall 3+1(4) for a guesting number 1 is very poor :-( ... if he did only have one bike there as suggested on other posts then that's even worse ... can't remember any number 1 turning up with only one bike ... yowser

• Like 2

i can see team changes , but not the riders.here is the way i see its going to go .

craig cook

matt williamson

ty proctor

mason mercury .( my fav rider )

thomas J

adam rotnon . give it some wellie royno .

rob shutty .

so no need to bring in new staff .

still fuming over that pigs ear of a guest .

was the playboy in charge last night ?

I think Stevie was a bit unlucky last night awkward fall in his first race meant it was a struggle all night but still got up and got a 2nd. Max Clegg made his best gate ever in heat 5 and Stevie ended up stuck behind Mason. In heat 11 was trying hard to team ride Mason and was held up by him and beaten by a great ride by Ricky. If Stevie was in the lead I think he would have kept it. Was never in heat 13 against the 3 best riders on the night.

He was never going to score what cookie was capable of scoring but on another night would have scored more. Heat 5 was the only one you can turn round and say was an awful result although he'll be gutted he couldnt lay a glove on Sam or Ricky.

Steve didn't have one bike. He bent his first first one and had to jump on his second that wasn't really set up for Armadale hence why he struggled.

Wouldn't say we were fantastic again tonight but a lot better than last week and we'll need to better next Friday or we could be on the end of a defeat.

Also, if we keep Adam and his current five and bits average goes down even further your stuck with less points to find a replacement next time round? :unsure:

so he came prepared then ! only bringing one bike to do a job that he was brought in for , yet still finished 2nd in his first ride and didnt fall off ..

me, i always have a wheel brace just in case i have to change a wheel . still a poor effort . sorry steve , you were not prepared enough .

could he not lend a bike ?

still mad as .

But he did fall off - 1st bend in heat 1 - clash with Smiler who also came down.

I heard that he got dirt in his fuel tank from that crash and they were having to swap parts to/from his spare bike.

But also heard he bent a frame.

So I don't think he was being unprofessional - probably just losing money from taking the booking.

• Like 2

I hear Jake Allen is looking for a championship rider since Somerset refused to let him ride for Rybnik. He would be a great addition and very entertaining, great team rider highest bonus rider in the league last year, good mate with Campo .

Guests are unreliable

Other teams are ruthless with team changes but I think Workington are soft keeping riders when they underperform, plenty of rider out there that would do much better than Adam.

Lovely lad but not getting enough points.

Adam Roynon parted company with Worky.

Adam Roynon parted company with Worky.

Inevitable, didn't look happy at all but, pleased the management have made a move early as it's never really been Comets policy to shift under performing riders until it's too late, now for a replacement ready to hit the ground running? ;)

Best of luck Adam, a rider whom should have got more from speedway than he has!! :t: