British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Rye House Rockets 10/5/17

Have to laugh at the Shovel load of dung report. Nicholls scored 5 so according to "Shovel load" he is now looking his age. Brilliant assessment. He is still a very good rider and one meeting does not make you a bad rider.

the match reports are always good for a laugh. It's funny how when Poole win they are on here within minutes yet they mysteriously don't appear when Poole have a bad meeting. He also was the only person to think the booking of Morris was a poor one!

Have to laugh at the Shovel load of dung report. Nicholls scored 5 so according to "Shovel load" he is now looking his age. Brilliant assessment. He is still a very good rider and one meeting does not make you a bad rider.

Makes you wonder if he see's the same meeting as others on here with his Blue tinted glasses on gives us all a chuckle though.😂 Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

There was some decent racing last night. Despite the nasty pile up in heat 2 and the multiple tape infringements, the meeting was finished by 9.45. The best decision of the night Was not to have an interval.

• Like 1

We take the loss on the chin and well done Poole, but three points did wrangle me last night

1) r/r for Robbo (one ride for Wells and three for Branford/Perks) was never as good as a suitable guest (how about Bellego)

Wells r/r in heat 1 was silly as it left Branford and Perks in heat 8 against Holder and probably Klindt (even worse with Perks withdrawing after heat 4)

But the cherry on the cake was no T/S for Harris in heat 7 (or even any of his rides) reminds me of Peterboro away last year with fiasco of Branford and Morley in heat 14

Come on Peter S there is more to being a team manger than just being a decent bloke.

• Like 1

We take the loss on the chin and well done Poole, but three points did wrangle me last night

1) r/r for Robbo (one ride for Wells and three for Branford/Perks) was never as good as a suitable guest (how about Bellego)

Wells r/r in heat 1 was silly as it left Branford and Perks in heat 8 against Holder and probably Klindt (even worse with Perks withdrawing after heat 4)

But the cherry on the cake was no T/S for Harris in heat 7 (or even any of his rides) reminds me of Peterboro away last year with fiasco of Branford and Morley in heat 14

Come on Peter S there is more to being a team manger than just being a decent bloke.

You cannot have a guest only r/r. The loss of Perks made your situation untenable last night.

Think everyone in the stadium was agog when your team manager failed to use the t/r in heat 7. Dreadful error and made no sense. Think he must have been oblivious to the score.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I though it was a good meeting the racing got better as the metting progressed. Every poole rider done there bit and so did rye house riders under difficult circumstances. Track I thought was ok no meeting at home for 4 weeksa

Well done Morra, having a superb season, and really loves that Poole track.

Sides still aching

Keep laughing then muppet!

That will be good the next time we are down there

• Like 1

I'm afraid our weaknesses in the team showed again last night. Yes you could argue that RR for Robson and the injury to perks hurt us a bit but realistically would this have made much difference to the score line? No I don't think so. Harris again put in an impressive display but as for Nicholls and EK well... Lets be fair when you score 11 points between your number 1&5 your in trouble. Without a big hitting number 1 or a solid reserve I really cant see this team going anywhere unfortunately.

Hoping for a better display when we travel to Somerset, Kings Lynn and Leicester and pick up some valuable away points.

Hopefully Ellis Perks injury is not too serious.

Needs to keep still at the gate and not try to cheat the system!

• Like 1

Take back what I said about Morris he did well for a guest.

Very entertaining meeting tonight on a much better track. Dust absent until the final few heats.

Dear oh dear though. Absolute disasterous night for the Rye House team manager. If there was something to get wrong tonight he found it. The catastrophic decision not to use Harris as a t/r at the first opportunity has us all agog in the grandstand, and when Rye actually got a 5-1 it confirmed our opinion of the faux pas. Then he messed up Really when Branford should and should not have come out.

Poole back to business tonight and solid throughout. Holder having a very good meeting backed up with Andersen and Kurtz. Morris did his job and with the other three all doing their job it was an easy three points, though the racing was good with loads of passing. Harris and Kennett both battling all night.

For Poole.

Morris did his job.

Holder was excellent. Couldn't fend off Harris but looked better and a far improvement from a few weeks ago.

Newman was very good and far better than his points haul. Always in the mix and would have scored more had he settled for his position but that's not Newman. Welcome back Kyle.

Kurtz was fast and very good.

Andersen ditto.

Klindt was solid and did well.

Shansey would have had another paid win in heat two but his bike seized on the line after he had been taken off in a high speed crash in heat two first running. Battled for every point and a great last bend pass of Branford.

For Rye.

Kennett battled for his points.

Wells won a race but that was it.

Harris did well and was fast all night.

Nicholls looked like age was finally catching up with him. Normally better than this.

Perks wad unlucky and got tangled with Shanes which really ended his night.

Brandford battled but found it tough.

This could have been a potential banana skin for Poole with rye having riders who in the past would have caused us issues. Other than Harris and to a lesser extent Kennett it was very easy for Poole.

Now we get a month off before the next meeting at Poole.

Not true, dust started after Heat 4 on bends 1 & 2 and got worse as the (very long) night went on!!

I think Morris did more than his job.7 paid 9 from 3 completed rides.

I think Harris did a bit more than" well" with 12+1 from 5.

Spot on BB. Don't forget that these two riders don't ride for Poole so you'll never get anything better from SS.

Makes you wonder if he see's the same meeting as others on here with his Blue tinted glasses on gives us all a chuckle though.

Agreed - and I'm Poole through and through too!

• Like 3

Needs to keep still at the gate and not try to cheat the system!

I know its awful this cheating the system, if they can't keep still fine and ban 'em.

So we couldn't have r/r for robbo, of course I missed p211, paragraph 6, section 4a, sub-section 2, appendix 1X of the speedway rule book, silly me

Not true, dust started after Heat 4 on bends 1 & 2 and got worse as the (very long) night went on!!

Spot on BB. Don't forget that these two riders don't ride for Poole so you'll never get anything better from SS.

Agreed - and I'm Poole through and through too!

Dear oh dear. I am now of the opinion that when you don't like someone you go searching for tiny bits of posts to disagree with to expand so you can slag someone off. "I don't like that person so lets forensically go through every word of his posts to see if I can find something to disagree with". All very very sad.

The dust was far far less than recent weeks. Fact! It got worse in the last few heats. Fact!

Morris did his job as a number one. Fact!

Harris did well. Fact!

Yes it was a longer than usual meeting. There was a bad smash in heat two which punctured the air fence and took over 20 minutes to repair. There were also several gate infringements which also added to the length of the meeting. There was no interval to make up for it.

Stop trying to nit pick my posts you are coming across as a bit patheticlike that Gavan to be honest.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 4