British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Sheffield Tigers ( S G B Championship) - Sunday, May 14th (5.30pm)

just back from yet another professional performance from the boys.kyle was outstanding today, especially the way he seemed to catapult himself around bends 3 and 4.defied gravity at times.lasse and josh g looked very quick.josh bates was superb today, what a great supportive performance for our three heat leaders.good effort too from our two reserves especially rob shuttle worth.not sure what to make of todd.good effort in his third ride but was generally getting passed too easily.all in all thought job well done.what on earth has happened to josh duty around the ear,used to be so reliable for double figures.losing his appetite a little?just a mention for the usually great food.what on earth has happened to the famous curry sauce?it was like gnats p... today.very disappointing!!!

auty around the ear.lol

damn predictive typing

Good win for the Tigers and valuable 4 points taken to move us up the league.

Kyle Howarth once again showing what a wonderful season he is having and I think it is only a matter of time before he takes the number 1 slot at Sheffield.

But he had some wonderful back up from the two Josh's and Lasse.

For Scunthorpe I think that they are will continue to pay the price of Rob Godfrey's loyalty to certain riders.

Josh Auty has spent a season or two too long at Scunthorpe, and either the rider or the Promoter needs to have the balls and say goodbye and move on.

Douglas is another one, spectacular rider and good to watch, but once again he is injured and missing and there seems to be pattern there.

But while Rob Godfrey is doing what he is doing makes it easier for us to get a victory, as was proved today.

First visit to Scunny for a couple of years. Great win for Sheffield albeit against a team that will have better days. Having said that I think it was a very professional performance from the Tigers; much quicker out of the gate.

Not the best meeting I've seen at Scunny but the racing got better later on.

Howarth has really stepped it up this year and was in a class of his own. Very quick out of the gate and attacked the track to clear off each time.

Grajczonek was also quick when he switched to the outside; got caught napping twice on the inside. Think we have a 1 & 5 that can rival any in the league.

Bates was impressive tonight; quick and attacked the outside, maybe filled his pants in heat 7 but saved it well to complete the 5 - 1.

Bjerre was solid and is a great back up to Kyle and Josh G.

As said in a previous post Kurtz and Branford will have better days. Thanks to Rob Shuttleworth too!

For Scunny Josh Auty was not what I have seen in the past; normally flying but hardly got anywhere close today. Palm Toft was quick but terrible out of the start. When you have a 1 & 5 who can't gate your up against it - even at a great track like Scunthorpe.

Kerr and Wilko had their moments as did BWD. BWD was quick 1 race then slow another. Young Josh Bailey is getting better but still inconsistent. Think he will develop into a tidy little rider.

I expect the Scorpions to be a different proposition next time the Tigers visit in June. Look forward to it - I'll be there again.

Have to commend the Scunthorpe promotion. A great day out; small playground for the little 1's and always try to deliver a great race strip. Not the greatest meeting tonight but still better than some other tracks.

Guest Scunny2012

Good win for the Tigers and valuable 4 points taken to move us up the league.

Kyle Howarth once again showing what a wonderful season he is having and I think it is only a matter of time before he takes the number 1 slot at Sheffield.

But he had some wonderful back up from the two Josh's and Lasse.

For Scunthorpe I think that they are will continue to pay the price of Rob Godfrey's loyalty to certain riders.

Josh Auty has spent a season or two too long at Scunthorpe, and either the rider or the Promoter needs to have the balls and say goodbye and move on.

Douglas is another one, spectacular rider and good to watch, but once again he is injured and missing and there seems to be pattern there.

But while Rob Godfrey is doing what he is doing makes it easier for us to get a victory, as was proved today.

Yes Auty has now brought his away form to the EWR and Wilkinson unfortunately should also be his last season at Scunny, as I said in a previous post Scunny desperately need a number 1 as heats 13/15 are nearly always heat advantages for the opposition.

...................................................................................................... as I said in a previous post Scunny desperately need a number 1 as heats 13/15 are nearly always heat advantages for the opposition.

I have, also, said this many times over many years & this year more so as at the AGM & what Rob has said that this years team make up in the Premiership & Championship was to make match results tighter so in effect results are in doubt until heats 13, 14 or 15. Unfortunately, this is where we suffer & nearly all teams have better 1 & 5's to hurt us, Peterborough being the exception now Berwick have signed Morris.

We can not gate & this is down to set ups not fast engines & we were never going to catch Sheffield's big 3 once they hit the wide line.

I think its been said in previous posts pretty much; although I did think there was plenty of good racing in amongst to tick the meeting along. Bradley Wilson Dean showed just what a good rider he is; and was actually leading the charge for us and he's the guest rider.

Early on the track was a tad unpredictable but BWD was masterly on the bike; compared to others and eventually worked his way out to the dirt line. Used it to advantage as well.

Kyle Howarth and Josh Grajzoneck were unstoppable; Howarth was imperious a word I put into my programme write up.

I think we have done ok; bringing in Tero Aarnio for Stefan Neilsen; he seems really keen to get back into British racing and show what he can do. He should be a trump card at reserve.

I never like singling riders out for criticism; its darn tough out there and they all have my maximum respect; so we'll leave it at that.

We keep going and pick ourselves up.

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 1

Guest Scunny2012

[quote name="the outsider

I think we have done ok; bringing in Tero Aarnio for Stefan Neilsen; he seems really keen to get back into British racing and show what he can do. He should be a trump card at reserve.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter how good the reserve is if the main riders in the team are underperforming there is no such thing as a trump card at reserve, all he is doing is making the score more respectable as in BWD case.

Edited by Scunny2012

Agreed; we do need more from the main body of the team on a consistent basis. I reckon Aarnio will give us his average from reserve. But you are right to say any dividend from the reserve is squandered if our heat leaders cannot go up against the opposition big guns ? As was born out on Sunday.

Agreed; we do need more from the main body of the team on a consistent basis. I reckon Aarnio will give us his average from reserve. But you are right to say any dividend from the reserve is squandered if our heat leaders cannot go up against the opposition big guns ? As was born out on Sunday.

Josh Auty must hate Glasgow , because he looks a real quality heat leader every time we arrive at the Eddie Wright raceway .

Josh Auty must hate Glasgow , because he looks a real quality heat leader every time we arrive at the Eddie Wright raceway .

If I read his average correctly in program on Sunday he's actually upped his average so far this season

JOSH AUTY IS A CLASS ACT ,IF YOU SAW H IM AT Sheffield Britt Qualifier He passed both Howorth and Nichols in his last ride to qualified for the final at Belle Vue..He needs help from any would be sponcer ,he is on his own trying to compete against well sponsored riders.I f anyone would like to help Josh and get there names on T V .Contact him on Facebook

• Like 3

JOSH AUTY IS A CLASS ACT ,IF YOU SAW H IM AT Sheffield Britt Qualifier He passed both Howorth and Nichols in his last ride to qualified for the final at Belle Vue..He needs help from any would be sponcer ,he is on his own trying to compete against well sponsored riders.I f anyone would like to help Josh and get there names on T V .Contact him on Facebook

Auty finished at the back in his first ride (heat 1) in the British Semi and looked hopeless! But he upped his game and improved as the evening progressed. On Sunday he didn't look that interested and got worse as the meeting went on. Leicester have dropped him, why would anyone want to sponsor him?

Have Hirst Electrical pulled the plug on him? (Excuse the pun!)

I am going to jump in and defend Josh Auty. Having been a fan of Josh for a very long time. I can honestly say, most of the meetings at Scunthorpe Josh has provided the excitement, some of his overtaking moves are breath- taking. If anyone has the track sussed out it's Josh! however last week he just didn't appear to have it in his bike. ( I don't understand bikes) But Josh rest assured you haven't lost me as a fan. You'll come back I have no doubts! Good luck lad!

• Like 2