British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Wolves V Swindon 22nd May

Shame what has happened with Ellis but obviously it isnt working out and perhaps a parting of the ways is the best way forward.

That would be a ridiculous move for Swindon at this point. He's going to be on a very low average and a spell at reserve will soon bring his confidence back.

He should also look to get a ride in the Premier League to bolster confidence too.

Swindon will be able to strengthen when the new averages are out I'm sure.

• Like 1

Whereas I thought Heat 12 summed up just how bad Ellis was. There was noting breathtaking about that race in all honesty, Schlein made a total hash of the first two turns before making his way past two junior riders. Ellis was then so utterly slow and inept he gave up a lead of 30 metres or so in a lap and a half as he tootled around the curb and allowed Schlein to simply ride by in the dirt on the outside without breaking sweat. He won with ease as well.

CVS also agrees with the change citing fans complaining that a pt had been lost.

And how many fans have been lost because of the lack of racing in the last few heats because of the points change.

If he felt fans were complaining that a point had been lost he should have given his riders a kick up the backside.

• Like 1

That would be a ridiculous move for Swindon at this point. He's going to be on a very low average and a spell at reserve will soon bring his confidence back.

He should also look to get a ride in the Premier League to bolster confidence too.

Swindon will be able to strengthen when the new averages are out I'm sure.

I agree that he will need a spell at reserve but then who moves up into the main body? They need a new signing somewhere and they will be up there

And how many fans have been lost because of the lack of racing in the last few heats because of the points change.

If he felt fans were complaining that a point had been lost he should have given his riders a kick up the backside.

I agree with you completely!

• Like 2

I agree that he will need a spell at reserve but then who moves up into the main body? They need a new signing somewhere and they will be up there

Now that we have acsertained that Nick Morris and BWD are covered by the NL rider rule, I wonder if Zach is at risk leaving Bradley Wilson-Dean at reserve. It would be a shame if he is, because he has done his job at no 7.

• Like 2

I agree with you completely!

How do we start a campaign to get it back ?

How do we start a campaign to get it back ?

Online petition? I'd sign it.

• Like 1

Has Ellis really only been a reserve at best and we have just expected to much or is it just a lack of form and confidence.?Last year at Poole he was excellent really got to grips with his home track and the confidence was there now i just dont know how he can go forward.

• Like 1

Release Adam on a 3 point average and he'll be straight into the Poole side, I'll bet.

• Like 3

Release Adam on a 3 point average and he'll be straight into the Poole side, I'll bet.

Id be happy with that. But who does he replace ?

I disagree on Gappmaier in the scheme of things his creditable four points really helped us get a point i could not see Grondal scoring 4 points not at Wolves anyway.

Of course 4 points is credible, he got 3 of them for heat 2 when both Wolves reserves were snoozing! I think even Grondal in that instance would have got a win or paid win.

4 points I agree made a big difference and for me the point Swindon gained was our ineffectiveness at reserve and the Robins duo ability to pick up the odd points against

Our 2.

Whereas I thought Heat 12 summed up just how bad Ellis was. There was noting breathtaking about that race in all honesty, Schlein made a total hash of the first two turns before making his way past two junior riders. Ellis was then so utterly slow and inept he gave up a lead of 30 metres or so in a lap and a half as he tootled around the curb and allowed Schlein to simply ride by in the dirt on the outside without breaking sweat. He won with ease as well.

Perhaps stunning was the wrong choice of words! It's unusual to see a rider so

out of shape and adrift on the opening bends to pass with such ease.

Anyway, nice to see you make the trip all the way from Portugal. Such a dedicated fan. :wink:

Lindgren not riding in Sweden tonight- injured

Now we know why he wasn't in heat 15. Get well soon Freddie. You got a title to go for.

Id be happy with that. But who does he replace ?

Shanes.

Of course 4 points is credible, he got 3 of them for heat 2 when both Wolves reserves were snoozing! I think even Grondal in that instance would have got a win or paid win.

4 points I agree made a big difference and for me the point Swindon gained was our ineffectiveness at reserve and the Robins duo ability to pick up the odd points against

Our 2.

Perhaps stunning was the wrong choice of words! It's unusual to see a rider so

out of shape and adrift on the opening bends to pass with such ease.

Anyway, nice to see you make the trip all the way from Portugal. Such a dedicated fan. :wink:

Now we know why he wasn't in heat 15. Get well soon Freddie. You got a title to go for.

Shanes.

James is doing his job, and it would be a tad harsh on him. Its just a shame he can't get fixed up with a Championship side permanantly, as hes open to bags of improvement.

Edited by Starman2006

James is doing his job, and it would be a tad harsh on him. Its just a shame he can't get fixed up with a Championship side permanantly, as hes open to bags of improvement.

His unavailability at weekends is the problem i believe...

James is more than doing his job.

He got a maximum in his first match, forgotten by some.