British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

British Final (belle Vue) 19th June 2017

I'm expecting that will be the case. One proper heat in 7 so far.

Hopefully the 2nd half will deliver.

SAYS more about the riders than the track

• Like 1

Ok, question.... not stayed in touch with the speedway news, but why is an Australian riding in the British final?

Edited by TheReturn

Ok, question.... not stayed in touch with the speedway news, but why is an Australian riding in the British final?

Rides on an ACU licence

Just like I said

one heat in 8. :neutral:

SAYS more about the riders than the track

Quite possibly.

The NL racing offers great racing usually. Surprised that it's been tepid at best so far.

one heat in 8. :neutral:

Quite possibly.

The NL racing offers great racing usually. Surprised that it's been tepid at best so far.

GREAT disparity in the ability of the riders on display tonight. Personally not in agreement with Schlein riding. It should be your passport not licence that determines your eligibility

• Like 3

Schlein wins this and takes up the gp wild card it will be the ultimate disgrace. Hope he was told beforehand that winning tonight doesnt get him the British wildcard.

Although not the best line up ever, do like the racing at BV.

Schlein wins this and takes up the gp wild card it will be the ultimate disgrace. Hope he was told beforehand that winning tonight doesnt get him the British wildcard.

it won't because it's all in the rules and totally above board. Not Schleins fault and quite within his rights to ride

it won't because it's all in the rules and totally above board. Not Schleins fault and quite within his rights to ride

I don't think anyone is blaming Schlein himself but it is a farcical situation and should not have been allowed, here's hoping Cookie takes the crown and then we can forget about Rory until next year.

Not a bad meeting, and Cook is looking good. I hope he wins it.

What a ride by Lewi Kerr!! Wasn't expecting that!

Edited by DiamondGlory

GREAT disparity in the ability of the riders on display tonight. Personally not in agreement with Schlein riding. It should be your passport not licence that determines your eligibility

Half and half for me. Plenty of similar ability riders however it appears to be all about set up tonight.

Regards Schlein, Bunyan won in New Zealand, haven't British riders ridden in Oz state finals too?

From a fan point of view I would simply just like to see the best riders on show.

Indeed. Anybody saying any different either has an agenda or is telling fibs.

because the bspa is trying to get rid of the last few diehard fans and for me this is pretty much sealing the deal
  • Like 2

Nice to see Scunthorpe born Tai Woffinden's PR man Pearson give him a mention tonight at the British Final but failing to tell the watching TV audience why he isnt actually riding in the British Final.

Edited by New Science
  • Like 5