British Speedway Forum
oldywonkenoldi

Redcar Half Team V Glasgow Strong Team

Meeting abandoned after heat 10 due to curfew with Glasgow leading 32 -24 result does not stand.

how come the result does not stand ?

Hope all the riders involved in crashes tonight are okay. Surprised they couldn't run Heat 10 to get a result seeing as there was only 2 Glasgow riders left in the race, a certain 4 points lost.

I am pretty sure it his after heat 12 before you can declare a result.

Edited by Gazc

My bad then, I thought it was heat 10. :t:

No doubt if the boot was on the other foot the curfew would've been broken to give a result.

Not when it is down to lack of medical cover. First responder has only now just turned up, was a horrific crash and Coty landed right in front of us. Best wishes to him.

fans get a pound, i think. gutted for the lads and fans.just glad Coty wasnt seriously hurt though.

how come the result does not stand ?

Had only raced nine heats before the big crash in heat 10, as someone has said it was only the two Glasgow riders left in that heat so you would think that the ref could have declared that heat 5-0.

Will need to wait on what transpired after that from someone who was there , frustrating from a Glasgow perspective but the main concern was for Coty & Richard as it sounded a horrendous crash glad both managed to walk away from it.

• Like 2

A result stands after Heat 10

My bad then, I thought it was heat 10. :t:

It is ........

I hope it was abandoned, so that the BSPA, and the refs association can run replays on the decisions of ROBBING ROY MCGREGOR, He was so biased to the Tiggers it was unbelievable, his decisions could have caused the serious injury to two riders, who were probably trying too hard after his bent exclusions, Coty Garcia was actually forced over the safety air bags by the riding of Glasgows rider, and he was very lucky to escape injury. Whinge about Ref over, The Tigers do look a very good side and were in the lead, Their 1 thru 5 were excellent.

Had only raced nine heats before the big crash in heat 10, as someone has said it was only the two Glasgow riders left in that heat so you would think that the ref could have declared that heat 5-0.

Will need to wait on what transpired after that from someone who was there , frustrating from a Glasgow perspective but the main concern was for Coty & Richard as it sounded a horrendous crash glad both managed to walk away from it.

would make sense,,,

hope there ok.

Just to clarify, the crash happened during heat 10, which was not awarded, so the match was not also not awarded as 10 completed heats were not run, probably the best decision Mcgregor made all night.

• Like 1

No doubt if the boot was on the other foot the curfew would've been broken to give a result.

So a speedway result is more important to you than a riders health.. Unbelievable Edited by KEITH M

A result stands after Heat 10

It is ........

Another rule change i have missed i still thought it was 12 cheers for that.

Hope Coty is ok - worst looking crash I have seen in a long time, he was catapulted way up into the air and over the safety fence onto the grass behind. Truly shocking to see.

Couldn't believe he was excluded as well - Lawson seemed to straighten on the inside of him which resulted in both of them crashing. After seeing Lawson's histrionics when JBA had the temerity to outgate him at Glasgow god knows how he would have reacted had Coty been on the inside of him.

Four panels of the air fence were damaged in the crash which lead to a good 40 minute delay as there were only 3 spares and also quite a lot of damage to the wire fence behind. Then when that was fixed it was announced that Coty was still receiving treatment and eventually, with no paramedic cover, the curfew was reached.

Can understand Glasgows frustration as they were giving us a good tonking, much faster out of the gate and helped by Garrity not keeping still and going off 15 m in every ride.

Lots of accusations from the Glasgow camp that the Bears were deliberately delaying things - Kevin Keay publicly refuted those in the strongest possible terms.

Quiet night all round really.

https://twitter.com/_tigerslive/status/870370715031265280

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 3