British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Wolverhampton Wolves 7/6/17

The police - Dorset Police in this instance - are following national guidelines to increase security at all sports and entertainment venues and large outside events eg festivals. The Bournemouth International Centre issued the similar warning that extra security checks would be in place for Concerts and Conferences. If the football season hadn't finished then the same thing would be taking place at AFC Bournemouth.

I would assume that Poole Lighthouse have similar arrangements?!

Edited by Skidder1

They have a good system at Wimbledon tennis for bag searching and security measures. Number of tables scattered around after you go through the entrance where they search your bag etc. Not too much of a hold up either (this was over ten years ago prob 2003 ish)

It is a complete nonsense. If a muslim wanted to blow up the fans why bother going into the stadium? They would just blow everyone up in the queue instead!

Utter ridiculous guff and it will affect crowds. Easier to go to the beach or Dolphin centre to kill people.

Oh dear. Troll Gavan comes on the Poole thread to slag off Newman tonight at Ipswich, who then ends up One of the highest scorers with paid nine.

The guy just doesn't have a clue.

have a little look to see how he got half of his points then come back to me. the 2 races he scored in he was paid for 5.........

I want him to do well.....he rides for my team!

fact is in his first 2 races he was a long last until 3 riders fell!

was involved in a good 5-1 and looked like the old Kyle Newman but was then left in heat 14 by a youngster on his first ever visit to the place.

Sedgman has been criticised on the Ipswich pages but im yet to see Belle Vue fans come on the Ipswich threads moaning

Edited by Gavan

The Darcy meeting fiasco, huge gaps in the fixture list, poor weather and now horrendous and unnecassary anti terrorist searches when entering the stadium all add to people not bothering. Oh, and the weakening of the product.

I appreciate the inconvenience/delay of being searched, but "horrendous"? A sense of perspective wouldn't go amiss on occasion, particularly occasions following three terrorist attacks which have all involved loss of life.

So you didn't vote then.. No suprise there then..

Good grief - read his reply again. He doesn't live IN Poole, so therefore he didn't vote IN Poole. He hasn't said he didn't vote at all.

• Like 2

You dont half talk rubbish.

Ah ok, my mistake.

Crowds are booming.

that he rides for you as well as us. He has so far only beat riders who have fallen off in front of him. Lack of effort as well. If Poole makes changes he has to go and I don't think we will have him for to much longer

To be fair Poole usually get good crowds......but they are fickle and go missing very quickly

They might get 'good' crowds.. but what is considered a 'good' crowd gets lower with each passing year.

• Like 1

Crowds have been falling at Poole for a long time as they have across all tracks.

Belle Vue is an exception as you have a brand new stadium/track..

There is no doubt crowds have been up at Somerset this season in comparison to the last few years too.

Ah ok, my mistake.

Crowds are booming.

They might get 'good' crowds.. but what is considered a 'good' crowd gets lower with each passing year.

I guess they do.

Lets be fair as we have always said there isnt a lot else for people in Poole to got to.

And history always tells us that if the Poole fans dont like what they are seeing or the team is struggling they dont bother going. Support your club through good and bad.

I guess they do.

Lets be fair as we have always said there isnt a lot else for people in Poole to got to.

And history always tells us that if the Poole fans dont like what they are seeing or the team is struggling they dont bother going. Support your club through good and bad.

They are going to Somerset and Swindon instead :wink:

There is no doubt crowds have been up at Somerset this season in comparison to the last few years too.

And have Somerset moved up or down in quality?

My statement was, as the league has been made weaker year on year, crowds have fallen year on year.

Somerset moved up.. their crowds have risen.

everybody was scanned at the old grandstand entrance,re other tracks im not sure as this security procedure was instigated by stadia uk not the speedway promotion(tho matt ford will be invoiced for all costs)edit i live 10miles from poole so no i did not vote in poole

Not got an gripe with being scanned but it could have been better organised.

If it is to be a regular occurrence they need more staff, more tables and more plastic tubs for metal objects to be put into.

Edited by SteveZodiac

I guess they do.

that's me I'm a good or bad supporter 1

I guess they do.

Coming from somebody who has never been to Poole. Theres plenty to do here.

Coming from somebody who has never been to Poole. Theres plenty to do here.

Its a troll comment. There is exactly the same to do here as every other town plus the beaches and Jurassic coast. Why do people come here on holiday?