British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 9/6/17

Pleasant surprise and very nice of the Poole team to donate one of their points.

Bolstered by Batchelor & Bates I couldn't see past a Poole three pointer in fact I was 1 point off in my points prediction.

A good start by The Aces saw the dreaded tactical come into play and after our mid meeting lull I thought that was that. Looking at the programme Batchelor or Bates we're in all of the last few heats as of course Batchelor was going to be in heat 15 with a disappointing Hans left out.

Some remarkable racing from the Belle Vue boys with Kenneth and Dan being the stand out. Passing didn't seem as easy and this played into the gate and go pirates hands bring use to Wimborne Rd.

I'd just like to say I wish the pirates all the luck in the world with regards to injuries and look forward to a full and fit Poole team for their next visit. I'm just glad to see the back of Batchelor & Bates for now.

• Like 1

Enjoyed that, perhaps the amount of passing wasn't up to the normal Belle Vue standard but it was a good meeting with close scoring, a few cracking passes, some great team riding and a last heat decider with overtaking. Chuck in a great stadium with an awesome view from the grandstand on a warm evening and it made for a great night out.

Poole certainly strengthened by Batchelor but they deserve credit for digging in and getting a draw out of looked for all the world a defeat half way through. Belle Vue will have better nights but at least took something out of the contest when I really didn't fancy them to prior to heat fifteen.

Enjoyed that, perhaps the amount of passing wasn't up to the normal Belle Vue standard but it was a good meeting with close scoring, a few cracking passes, some great team riding and a last heat decider with overtaking. Chuck in a great stadium with an awesome view from the grandstand on a warm evening and it made for a great night out.

Poole certainly strengthened by Batchelor but they deserve credit for digging in and getting a draw out of looked for all the world a defeat half way through. Belle Vue will have better nights but at least took something out of the contest when I really didn't fancy them to prior to heat fifteen.

Fair comments. You turned into a Poole fan? Were you at Poole on Wednesday?

Excellent post GB, meeting well summed up. Poole were quality 2nd half of the match, Bjerre & Fricke had to scrap hard to rescue a point for the Aces in heat 15.

As mentioned in previous post, took 3 newbies tonight,they loved it. One coming back for the Wolves match, the other 2 booking table for upcoming meeting to entertain guests for the business I work for. Really enjoyable night.

No he doesnt unless he scores big! You cannot have accurate assumptions from only three visits. To believe Bates would score more is frankly naive.

To believe Klindt might have scored more than 7 likewise is frankly naive.

Ignore Brum Steve, he's another foolish idiot, who has no idea.

which is still 100% more than you, thanks.

Bates 7 from 6 rides didn't cover for Klindt at all

More than covered what he has previously scored.

Best look at Klindt's previous scores at NSS to avoid further embarrassment.

Good to see Poole gained by 2 better guests. That's the way it goes sometimes.

A fair result and some good racing with a number of genuine passes, including those from Batchelor, Bjerre, Fricke and Bewley and an excellent example of team riding from Cook, who shepherded Smith home for a 5-1 for the whole 4 laps. An enjoyable night that I think sent most fans home happy. It's always difficult to tell when you are sitting in the grandstand but looked like a decent crowd. Hopefully, the media advertising is producing results

• Like 1

A fair result and some good racing with a number of genuine passes, including those from Batchelor, Bjerre, Fricke and Bewley and an excellent example of team riding from Cook, who shepherded Smith home for a 5-1 for the whole 4 laps. An enjoyable night that I think sent most fans home happy. It's always difficult to tell when you are sitting in the grandstand but looked like a decent crowd. Hopefully, the media advertising is producing results

Look at your gate for the next home meeting and see if you can draw a comparison. Poole get big crowds where ever we go..

Look at your gate for the next home meeting and see if you can draw a comparison. Poole get big crowds where ever we go..

Yep, you brought 2 according to your buddy.

• Like 2

Apart from at home.

• Like 2

I didn't think the track was up to its usual standard either but it was still an entertaining meeting.

I am not sure what happened to the Aces (or the Pirates) half way through but the score turned on its head.

Fantastic team ride from Cook (almost as good as Nick Morris at Berwick), two real battling passes from Bewley (which in the end made a huge difference) and a cracking last heat decider.

Not bad at all.

• Like 1

I think Poole fans have had a good week. Two cracking meetings against class opposition, Close racing and 5 well earnt points . All we got was a dubious postponement....

How we managed, before social media I hate to think.......

Footnote: They're some posters on here who have said Batch and KB were a waste of space. So pleased they're both proving these posters wrong.. :t::t:

Drove over from York (as a neutral) to watch this. Despite being a fan of the sport since the Seventies, I see very little speedway these days, mainly because I no longer think it provides value for money. Absolutely no complaints about the entertainment in this excellent meeting, however. First visit to the NSS. Will definitely return, though a Friday race night and M62/M60 traffic isn't a great combination.

Edited by Piotr Pyszny
  • Like 2

Fair comments. You turned into a Poole fan? Were you at Poole on Wednesday?

Haha nope, my wife is from Denton so we are up here visiting my in laws. Very rarely able to get a Friday off this time of year but managed it this week.

Poole fans can now see what they need which is a top quality number one.

Poole have been quite lucky recently in meeting teams at the right time and getting good guests.

Leicester , had a weakened team, Wolves were without Lindgren (balanced up by Klindt not riding), then got 2 guests who scored a lot more then the riders they were replacing at Belle Vue, still i guess that luck evens out over a season.

I suppose Belle Vue fans can take heart that if they met the current Poole 1-7 (Zengota & Klindt) then they would have won the meeting with a possible 10 point swing.

Absolutely. And once we finally get to full strength the rest better look out!

As for Klindt, Matt should ask him to ride against Leicester to attain an average. Then we could use decent guests until he is fit. Three starts and pull overs would do it and against Leicestr we could get away with it.

lol

if you were at full strength last night you would have got beat as there is no way Zengota and Klindt would have got the 20 points the replacements got. It was a good job you wasnt at full strength.

You rode at home against Wolves and scrapped a 2 point win when both teams had 1 rider missing that evened it up. Over 2 legs Wolves would destroy Poole.

The fact remains that the current Poole 1-7 will get in the top 4 but are not a title winning side......you are missing a number one, Newman is poor and Shanes is struggling.

Most has already been said,As soon as I knew of Pooles guests I thought it would be close, and close it was, was the deciding factor heat 15?? for me it was heat 7, Brady doubled his 2nd place to 4 pts and Dan went round the outside of Newman on bends 3/4 lap 4 for the crucial 4-4 score.

Belle Vue

Max, rode hard for his 8 points, with a crucial pass on Brady in heat 15.

Stevie. good win in heat 8, but seemed slow in his other 3 heats

Kenneth,Belle Vues rider of the night, apart from heat 9 when he totally missed the gate and seemed to struggle with pace.

Justin, 6 pts is fair value, but we could do with more round the NSS

Craig, As Shovie has already said, started well then tailed off.Heat 4 showed what a great captain and team rider he is.

Dan His gating lets him down in the top league, as he showed in heat 1, when he gets in front he is fast, very fast and imho had he gated better in his other 4 heats the score line would of been totally different.

Jack, still learning, but scored more than his average, what more can one ask.

Poole

Batch, Poole rider of the night and showed what Poole are like with a decent number 1

Holder, 6 paid 8, some good rides from Jack, I personally rate him.

Newman, some good hard rides in his last 2 heats that belied his 3 point score.

Kurzt, Bad 1st ride and last ride, decent in between.

Andersen, not the Andersen of old, but still very capable, especially when in front.

Bates, good choice of guest, and with Batch made all the difference to this result.

Shanes, was on the pace, and another 2 pt rider who didn't let himself down.