British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Lakeside V Kent Frid 9th June 8pm

A 15 point maximum from the 7 point man, still wondering how this average was arrived at, a Blind man and his dog knew this average was way to low, I wont even begin to go into how the averages got low enough to fit him in.. :nono:

The standard formula that knocks a percentage off the average for each year out if the sport. Hurry was given the average during the winter and wasn't named in the Lakeside squad at the start of the season so he was available for Kent ir anyone else to sign if they wished. None of the other clubs wanted him now they are moaning because Lakeside have him.

• Like 1

The standard formula that knocks a percentage off the average for each year out if the sport. Hurry was given the average during the winter and wasn't named in the Lakeside squad at the start of the season so he was available for Kent ir anyone else to sign if they wished. None of the other clubs wanted him now they are moaning because Lakeside have him.

You have no idea how Hurry was given that average. None of us have, because its never been explained (nor will it be).

Last season, three riders were assessed at 3.5 due to taking time out of the sport. That had nothing to do with their previous average at all, it was simply an assessed figure.

This season, when Isle of Wight wanted a rider using that rule it was dropped.

What we have is the usual make it up as you go along, face fitting, prejudiced and inconsistent decision making made by faceless and unnamed individuals who take no responsibility whatsoever for their actions.

• Like 2

What a great meeting that was, as good as I have seen for a long time. Some great racing from start to finish especially with Ben, Zach, Paul and Luke Bowen. Faultless 15 point maximum from the youngster which Iam sure won't upset anyone ha. Wonder what the meeting will look like on YouTube ;)

I agree. Speaking as a self confessed Elite Lite league snob it was by far the best NL meeting I have seen ( not that I have seen many) and there will be a lot of meetings at Premier and Championship league track were the racing is nowhere near what we saw last night., especially heats 13 and 15.

It wasn't just the racing but the score line was quite exciting from a spectator point of view with nothing in it for the first half of the meeting before the home team established their authority in the closing stages. Both teams rode well.

Apart from the big scorers, Nick Laurence and Jamie Cousins are looking a bit smother and more confident and both has some good races where they held on for vauable points. Connor Locke struggled at first but eventually came to the party and chipped in with some well earned points on a track that was new to him. Most impressive was Alfie Bowtell, really coming on, really showing some improvement and absolutely fearless. A great performance from him down in the engine room at.No 4.

• Like 2

Agree, it was a good meeting to watch although somewhat drawn out. I am still trying to figure out why Alfie was excluded/disqualified in his first ride where he showed all the qualities of an out and out racer. There was absolutely no contact and Stoneman seemed to fall off from the shock of being passed!

• Like 1

Agree, it was a good meeting to watch although somewhat drawn out. I am still trying to figure out why Alfie was excluded/disqualified in his first ride where he showed all the qualities of an out and out racer. There was absolutely no contact and Stoneman seemed to fall off from the shock of being passed!

I thought exactly the same, didn't look contact from where I was standing but wasn't 100% sure. Alfie is fast becoming a fan favourite he never gives up and is a real racer. Best atmosphere I have seen a Lakeside for years aswell I thought the Kent fans made it a really good night.
  • Like 2

Stoneman clipped Alfies back wheel and fell as they entered the corner and he should have been excluded..I understand there was a trainee ref in the box with mr Reeve and this may account for the decision.......?

Some excellent races last night. Wajtknechts pass on Thomas was superb and heats 13 and 15 were also great races. I couldn't believe Bowtell was excluded in heat 3. Alfies fast becoming a fans favourite with the Lakeside faithful. Special mention to Jack Thomas, a great nights work after his horrible looking crash in the original staging of heat 7.

Christ some of you are blinkered. Even some of the lakeside fans near us weren't impressed with Bowtell turning left on Stoneman.

Anyway I hate going to Arena Essex, poor track, poor viewing, and no atmosphere BUT that was a very entertaining meeting tonight. With more passing then my previous 5 visits to the venue added together. 5he new track guy obviously knows how to prepare a proper Race Track with various lines.

Could not go their everyweek though...

• Like 1

Really? Think it more likely it was planned from word go regarding Mason, what appeared to be getting the averages low enough to get Hurry in, and then being able to get the team re declared. No rules broken, just very clever by Cook, to get 3 heat leaders in the team instead of 2 . (Took too long typing, this is a reply to E I Adios post! )

Edited by gazzac

I agree with Waco. One of the best meetings I've seen in a long time. Felt a bit sorry for Kent when they lost Stoneman who had ridden a very well after being

knocked off by Alfie in his first ride and then had a big crash with his team partner in his second ride and took no further part. Our bottom enders performed better

than I had expected although the early races of Rowe showed him to be one to watch. I suspect he got tired later on. Very good result for us though and no surprise

that Paul outscored his average ! Zach was highly impressive and showed his class with one or two very good passes. Good advert for the NL

That standard formula as I understand it is for one season only when a rider is unable to ride because he's injured. So Hurry would have been allowed one reduction from his last EL average of 3.91. I believe the reduction is eight percent so that would leave his average at 3.60. Multiply that average by four and the figure is 14.40...

Richard Hall was told last year if he wanted to drop into the NL it would be on his last Conference League average from 2004. Hurry last rode in 2010 for Lakeside in the Elite League.

Edited by Ben91

That standard formula as I understand it is for one season only when a rider is unable to ride because he's injured. So Hurry would have been allowed one reduction from his last EL average of 3.91. I believe the reduction is eight percent so that would leave his average at 3.60. Multiply that average by four and the figure is 14.40...

Richard Hall was told last year if he wanted to drop into the NL it would be on his last Conference League average from 2004. Hurry last rode in 2010 for Lakeside in the Elite League.

With the change in leagues the 3.60 average you have, should it not be ×1.4 for the premiere then ×2 for national league. Don't know what that figure comes out at though as too hot for my brain today. Lol