British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fred5

Rebels V Stars Fri 16th June

The Rebels have 2 guests on Fri for for Paddy and Heeps and RR for Wrighty. Not the managements fault, but what a joke our wonderful sport of speedway has become.

Needless to say I won't be turning up for this two guests and R/R. Somerset's Palm Toft riding for Scunthorpe and Scunthorpe's Lewis Kerr riding for Somerset. Hears an idea why don't the two team managers agree that Palm Toft can ride for Somerset and Kerr ride for Scunthorpe? Much better than Kings Lynn versus Somerset guests, Also Heaps riding for Ipswich. At the moment it's even money we will get two full teams by the Play Offs.

Bit of a sweeping statement that. During my time with this sport I have been to many tracks, including quite a few that have since closed. but to say 'fitted around a Greyhound/stock car/ football/rugby pitch etc. is probably more right than wrong, but not all these tracks are poor. The biggest problem is that the sport has changed and bike are now totally different to what was once used... These High revving machines need more space to perform.

Some tracks are destined to be poor each week, others can be good and bad. Some are amazing and serve up top notch racing each week. Of the ones that remain, Belle Vue must be the top choice. but bearing in mind the Planning, and financing if it wasn't, then serious questions would be asked..

The problem we have at Lynn is more to do with the shale than the shape or the Stock Car usage. I am in no doubts if we had the proper stuff, prepared as it should, the racing would be far better.

To me the quality of racing is more important than the result.....

Saddlebow Road produced some terrific racing for many years after the white line was taken in (1970s ?) I visited several times a season whenever Belle Vue were there and during the summer months when I stayed with relatives in Norfolk. The racing between the likes of Terry Betts, Malcolm Simmons, Howard Cole for the Stars and PC, Mort for Belle Vue was fantastic. I last visited about two years ago and I was very disappointed.

Edited by GregoryM
  • Like 3

Saddlebow Road produced some terrific racing for many years after the white line was taken in (1970s ?) I visited several times a season whenever Belle Vue were there and during the summer months when I stayed with relatives in Norfolk. The racing between the likes of Terry Betts, Malcolm Simmons, Howard Cole for the Stars and PC, Mort for Belle Vue was fantastic. I last visited about two years ago and I was very disappointed.

Went a few times early to mid nineties and it was a fantastic race track...

Rose tinted glasses maybe but it seemed every heat was in doubt till last bend last lap...

Sad to hear of its demise...

I see Lawson living up to his outside of top ten British riders mantle then.....

Having a good season, would be great to see Lawson carry that form into Monday night in Manchester - might be an awkward tv interview on the cards for Rosco if he does! :lol:

• Like 5

Batch,Rose and Huckenbeck x2 for Porsing should return 4-5.Can't see Nick scoring more.I think he drew a black last time he was there.

Kurtz is a big plus for MPT..Branford in for Heeps is a minus.And of couse Carr for Lambert is a minus.

I'll stick my neck out and say 48-42 home win.

Top scored for Lynn, Batch 12 from 6( if he gets HT15)

Now watch me fall flat on my face ;)

Well plenty to go,but looks like I was right about the face thing.

Good result for the Stars, good comeback from Wednesday.

Good win for the Stars.I was wrong,but at least I put a prediction up ;-)

Chris Holder is coming to the party a bit more now.Batch did good and Huck was great.

I was gutted at the Wolves result but didn't slag the team off as our good reserves where missing.

Be interesting to see what the disgruntled fans from the wolves match think.

• Like 1

Great result for the Stars. Hopefully they can carry on in the same form on Wednesday.

Great result for the Stars. Hopefully they can carry on in the same form on Wednesday.

Lets hope so.If Lynn want to win the league,changes need to be looked at.But I know its a different meeting but what I posted in the Lynn Wolves tread wasn't far out..

Be interesting to see what the disgruntled fans from the wolves match think.

Nothing to shout about, it was basement club Somerset