British Speedway Forum
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle V Glasgow Championship 18 June 2017

Diamonds' season could rapidly turn into a disaster :(

Robert Lambert, what a talent man.

Glad I didn't go now, gutted but would have been Devastated to actually see us drop a point in the circumstances. Leaves us trailing in second by a massive five points with only four meetings in hand to the mighty monarchs. Where did it all go wrong????

At the end of the day not many turn us over at home... we dont have the luxury of complying the fixtures to ensure most teams turn up short handed like at Edinburgh this season.

Well done Glasgow you can only beat whats in front of you.

• Like 4

Away wins are never easy no matter the opposition, the way I see it three points is a great result and the fourth point is an absolute bonus. Little wonder Glasgow couldn't get that extra point with Robert piling up a six ride max.

We would have won with Stevie, but he wasn't there, so we got beat. Early on we held our own, and led by 6 for a few heats, but the one heat we lost 1-5, and changed the result IMO, was heat 9, when Ludde and Rose got beat by Summers and Tom Perry, who at that point hadn't scored a point. It was a shameful heat and it decided the result to Glasgow.

If Steve is going to be missing say 6 weeks(usual period) for a broken scaphoid, we should bring in an injury replacement signing for those 6 weeks, as RR can't be sustained.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

We would have won with Stevie, but he wasn't there, so we got beat. Early on we held our own, and led by 6 for a few heats, but the one heat we lost 1-5, and changed the result IMO, was heat 9, when Lewis and Rose got beat by Summers and Tom Perry, who at that point hadn't scored a point. It was a shameful heat and it decided the result to Glasgow.

If Steve is going to be missing say 6 weeks(usual period) for a broken scaphoid, we should bring in an injury replacement signing for those 6 weeks, as RR can't be sustained.

Perry finished 2nd in heat 2 ahead of Ben Hopwood.

Perry finished 2nd in heat 2 ahead of Ben Hopwood.

So he did. I put it into the top boxes the wrong way around.

• Like 1

We would have won with Stevie, but he wasn't there, so we got beat. Early on we held our own, and led by 6 for a few heats, but the one heat we lost 1-5, and changed the result IMO, was heat 9, when Lewis and Rose got beat by Summers and Tom Perry, who at that point hadn't scored a point. It was a shameful heat and it decided the result to Glasgow.

got to agree with that, 'lightning and Rose' getting beat off Perry was the turning point,,, Steve would 'probly' have got more than 6 to swing it the other way. Can't understand how we didn't have a guest for him tho :( We're not even half-way thru the season and, there's a long way to go and things can all change. Thought Glasgow made heavy weather of it, but was disappointed in the end that we didn't get a result. Edited by ruffdiamond

but the one heat we lost 1-5, and changed the result IMO, was heat 9, when Lewis and Rose got beat by Summers and Tom Perry,

Isn't Lewis and Rose the same person 😉

Isn't Lewis and Rose the same person

he's getting on a bit, ye naa ;)

even had to scribble on his programme.

Edited by ruffdiamond

The whole team needs ripped apart and if that means upsetting people then so be it, the balance and personnel of the team are not working. What is there to lose?? But will our promotion have the balls to do it and at least try?.

The whole team needs ripped apart and if that means upsetting people then so be it, the balance and personnel of the team are not working. What is there to lose?? But will our promotion have the balls to do it and at least try?.

Personally think if or when we lose to Workington in the cup next week our season is over

Can't understand how we didn't have a guest for him tho

He is not number 1 in our averages
  • Like 1

Stupid comment. He is injured. Didn't ride for Belle Vue either last might.

I don't think that is relevant. From what was said on the Centre green this evening SW is likely to ride tomorrow in the British Final and as such appears to be putting that ahead of his commitments to his clubs. He isn't the first to do that and he won't be the last, but if we were to fail to make the playoffs by one or two points...

• Like 1

Well what can I say, I left Brough tonight gutted that Glasgow didn't take all 4 points, I felt ever so one sorry for Robert Lambert who was our only light tonight who for his efforts didn't deserve to lose tonight, and secondly mystified as to how Steve was injured and unable to ride, but it was announced at the track he intends on attempting to ride tomorrow how can that be?

Personally think if or when we lose to Workington in the cup next week our season is over He is not number 1 in our averages

ok, sorry,,,, but I wasn't aware that you can only have a guest for your No.1.

these silly rules just keep keep changing at will :(

Some people live in the past, this season has been an abortion!!.... ah but we had joe owen and nicki p, are you forgetting?? George won the gold cup in 19 oblonk etc etc... stroll on...( id chose George as team manager every week btw) but he shouldnt be devoid of criticism or be held responsible for poor showings, decisions or selections.

Its the here and now that needs sorting, previous years are gone!!

As for Steve i can understand fans questioning him ' giving it a go' tomorrow yet missing his bread and butter for us and BV. Whats wrong with that?? Steve would be in my team all day long but paying punters having an opinion is how it should be. Wether you agree or not.

• Like 1