British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Belle Vue Bt Sports 26/6/17

On current form this meeting could be a classic BT could not have picked better to start there coverage. How much different will the presentation be i wonder A

The track will be fine if its anything like Wednesday v Leicester - which considering the heatwave was unexpectedly (by me) a briliant race track.

You can't say that Skidder! Some bloke shuffling around in the pits wearing a mac, talking gibberish and looking like Dustin Hoffman said it was bad!

The rest of us thought it was great racing.

• Like 1

Someone told me on the isle of Wight last night, that they were stopping people taking their own food and drink in at poole. If this is true, why upset what few fans the sport has left. Not everyone wants to eat junk food.

• Like 1

Havent seen anyone having to give up any food or drink at the main Grandstand entrance!! Some bottles have been opened and the contents 'sniffed' but then given back to the fan.

Not sure if thats the same at the other entrance into the restaurant stand as I never go in that way?!

Edited by Skidder1

Hopefully that's the case. I was at swindon last week and wasn't even searched. Kent is the only track I've been to this season that have checked my bag.

Hopefully Monday will have races at least as good as this cracker....

I wouldn't have called it a cracker, but im sure we will.

On current form this meeting could be a classic BT could not have picked better to start there coverage. How much different will the presentation be i wonder A

The same as it normally is. What you expecting ?

I'M told less boring interviews between races (hoorah) and a more analytical round-up at the end of the meeting.

• Like 3

It featured on the bspa website, wasn't it the best race of the night?

There were others..

I'M told less boring interviews between races (hoorah) and a more analytical round-up at the end of the meeting.

thanks phil i guess it would slightly different just like the brittish final was Monday night and we also got Natalie on board who also knows her speedway

About 2200 there. A good crowd for Monday night

We get more or less that every week. ;)

You're half right, you get less every week. Poole capacity is 2,900 so if you get 2,200 then you're over 75% full, which is not the case.

Was it you doing the commentary? Going on about stumbling around and not looking comfortable. We only needed the word wobblers used and it would have given you away.

A pass is a pass I suppose.

thanks phil i guess it would slightly different just like the brittish final was Monday night and we also got Natalie on board who also knows her speedway

There have been signs of this on the SGP coverage with many of the mid-meeting interviews being carried on the international feed not making it onto the BT programme, and how long they spend after the actual racing with analysis, rather than a quick look at the presentation then off to the next sport.

The post-meeting interview with Craig Cook was very well-handled on Monday. I look forward to seeing how a league match is treated by them. With Natalie Quirk and Steve Brandon we finally have an interview team in the pits that can match the knowledge of the commentary team.

(Even those who whinge about Nigel and Kelvin's commentary style wouldn't be stupid enough to doubt their knowledge....would they?)

Edited by Rob McCaffery

There have been signs of this on the SGP coverage with many of the mid-meeting interviews being carried on the international feed not making it onto the BT programme, and how long they spend after the actual racing with analysis, rather than a quick look at the presentation then off to the next sport.

The post-meeting interview with Craig Cook was very well-handled on Monday. I look forward to seeing how a league match is treated by them. With Natalie Quirk and Steve Brandon we finally have an interview team in the pits that can match the knowledge of the commentary team.

(Even those who whinge about Nigel and Kelvin's commentary style wouldn't be stupid enough to doubt their knowledge....would they?)

maybe a little unfair not to mention Sophie who also did a good job when sky

No there were better races. Heat 15 was a cracker of a race......for Liecester as Riss then a lap later King made some blinding passes of Holder. Starkes races from the back were also excellent.