British Speedway Forum
Hamish McRaker

Footwear In The Pits

Think you will find 'Mechanics' will be wearing appropriate clothing, grease monkeys, lackeys,and hangers on, will be wearing flip flops etc.

so are you saying that Josh Grosh is not in the 1st group ??? ;)

No wonder UK speedway is in the state it is, when an Australian is allowed to wear flip flops in the pits (or is paddock nowadays)

At the end of my working carrer I did a bit of agency work. I was posted to the car auctions ( BCA ). In one week when it was roasting hot and it is hot work getting in and out of cars that have been shut up in the sun all day a contracted BCA worker donned his shorts, the management told him straight away to put his trowsers on, the reason given was that he could burn his legs on an hot silencer.

That would be the same thrill seekers that wont ride when is raining?

I never ever refused to ride any track or any conditions ever , even going against my team mates , as far as I was concerned the wetter the better

Why stop at flip flops ? Surely he should have been wearing gloves , protective glasses & ear defenders too , also I'm not sure about shorts and a short sleeved T-shirt it's possible they could also be construed to be a safety risk as wel . Personally I couldn't care less what's on his feet and I can't say I'm surprised that's what he was wearing seems fairly normal footwear for most antipodean folks especially speedwayriders in my experience

Let's make it compulsory for work permit Riders to wear flip flops, that'll soon free up some places for British lads.

No wonder UK speedway is in the state it is, when an Australian is allowed to wear flip flops in the pits (or is paddock nowadays)

It sums up the state of the country for me. We've been taken over by flip-flop wearing antipodeans or faux Australian surfers and bloody lefty metropolitan liberals. Wouldn't surprise me to see that Grajonek walking out the pits wearing pink flip-flops, mini skirt and toe nails painted bright red next time.

It's not hard to figure out why Muslims see this country as a soft target to take over, which will happen soon the way things are going.

check out the gloves the riders are wearing these days they offer little or no protection, they are like socks

Will do, though it might be better if I don't, being extremely aware of the risks the guys are taking. In case you haven't already, check out a set of early two piece leathers, thick leather a mass of padding and heavy.

We were discussing Pit Rules and Regulations. Riders themselves wear Boots anyway - we are discussing the case of a Mechanic. In this instance a Rider who was acting as a Mechanic for a Rider during the Meeting - we were not discussing Riders per sé.

Take your point, I was mainly referring Dean Machines point about thrill seeking riders not giving a hoot and no I wouldn't wear flip-flops inthe pits.

They'll be wearing hats back to front next!! :mad:

• Like 2

They'll be wearing hats back to front next!! :mad:

Yeah - what's that all about? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::blink:

keeps the sun off the back of their necks

Even when there is no sun.

Looks daft to me, especially when they wear the peak over one of their ears. :blink:

as a rider , josh should know basic health and safety .

but if he wanst to work in an enviiroment where safety is the norm . then he has to co comply .

if the guy want to get his toes chopped offf , its up to him .

but at the end of the day its down to the pits marshal to make sure everyone is suitably clothed .

let the nugget carry on , thats what i say and when it does happen , he has only got himself to blame ..

as a rider , josh should know basic health and safety .

but if he wanst to work in an enviiroment where safety is the norm . then he has to co comply .

if the guy want to get his toes chopped offf , its up to him .

but at the end of the day its down to the pits marshal to make sure everyone is suitably clothed .

let the nugget carry on , thats what i say and when it does happen , he has only got himself to blame ..

more people die or get injured from slippers at home than in road accidents every year , why don't H&S deal with them

He probably does it as once he is back here in Aussie you can't wear thongs in the pits, I've seen riders rock up in thongs & next minute there wearing the racing boots! It does look funny especially if there in surf shorts! & you can't smoke in pits over here either, some people take a chance but your not suppose to.