British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
alang

Peterborough V Berwick 23/6/17

hans fan.............the most worrying thing was the size of the crowd worse I've seen for years (crowds have been very good up till tonight ) , hopefully a better crowd will turn up sunday but as you said Glasgow will spank us.

Surely the low crowd is more to do with having matches within 2 days of each other? I would never make the journey over from Leicester on a Friday but I'll be there on Sunday, same as last week, and that's probably what a lot of fans who don't live in the Peterborough area will do. Hopefully not so hot this week please. :lol:

the most worrying thing was the size of the crowd worse I've seen for years (crowds have been very good up till tonight ) , hopefully a better crowd will turn up sunday

More worrying was that we did our best to P off those who were there. Why did it take the best part of an hour for a 10 minute track grade that sorted the problem? Nothing worse than people standing round looking at a fixable problem with no work being started. It was a decent meeting after that. A win always helps although that's not saying much against the basement side, As you say, Sunday is a whole different different kettle of fish.

Edited by Crump99

Surely the low crowd is more to do with having matches within 2 days of each other? I would never make the journey over from Leicester on a Friday but I'll be there on Sunday, same as last week, and that's probably what a lot of fans who don't live in the Peterborough area will do. Hopefully not so hot this week please. :lol:

and Berwick again so soon after them last visiting

• Like 1

Concussion means a 9-day sit-down, which is frustrating but understandable.

This means Nick will miss the WTC for Australia at King's Lynn (had he been selected), Bandits' matches at home tomorrow, at Scunthorpe on Sunday and at Newcastle next Sunday. Also Swindon's home match with Wolves on Thursday next week.

He would be available to return at Edinburgh on Friday 7th.

Is the concussion rule (FIM) the same as the BSPA rule?

Did I see that you cannot change your team (once nominated or a rider gets injured) after the competition starts. I suppose Australia could name him in their team and use the U21 reserve for his races (Fricke, Holder or Kurtz).

As long as Nick makes a speedy recovery.

2 home matches last weekend another 2 this weekend some people don`t have that kind of disposable income so they are going to pick and choose the meetings they can go to

2 home matches last weekend another 2 this weekend some people don`t have that kind of disposable income so they are going to pick and choose the meetings they can go to

Jeez, when will Panthers fans learn to budget. It's the same number of fixtures however they are spaced out and the same old issues of supporting Panthers at the EoES for the last 14 year or more:

From 2003 - "CLUB owner Mick Horton has issued a rallying call for Panthers fans to turn out and support his side for their third meeting in five days at the Showground tonight"

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 5

panthers win , but not convincingly ,

bandits can feel as though this was at least a point or two taken from them due to nick,s injury . he was having a good season until that mishap .

with nick in the team , i am sure bandits would have secured the full three points on the road , maybe even four .

tough times for berwick and looks like even tougher times for the cats if certain riders dont hit form asap .

swift recovery for nock and also belated get well soon for simon lambert . a good guy when he was at workington .

( bad move getting rid of K.K.H. )------- ged . not the soup -remo people think he is .

Edited by jenga

Congratulation to Peterborough on their win, but under the circumstances Berwick do come away with no points but plenty of credit giving the strength of their team. Maybe if the Panthers are looking to make another signing it should be someone who can prepare their track as asking your paying customers to stand around for over an hour while you get the track up to standard is unacceptable IMO. The weather country wide has been good all week so its no like they can use that as an excuse.

Congratulation to Peterborough on their win, but under the circumstances Berwick do come away with no points but plenty of credit giving the strength of their team. Maybe if the Panthers are looking to make another signing it should be someone who can prepare their track as asking your paying customers to stand around for over an hour while you get the track up to standard is unacceptable IMO. The weather country wide has been good all week so its no like they can use that as an excuse.

Were you actually at the meeting? The ambulance was on track for some time - once the track was clear the blading was done while the medics were still with Nick Morris. There was little if any extra delay once the medics were able to resume duties.

• Like 1

The delay was for Nick Morris, who was with the paramedic who then had to wait to be transferred into county ambulance for a trip to hospital i.m sure you can appreciate this was the correct thing to do and nothing to do with the track condition , the track wasn't perfect but IMO opinion it was raceable and had this incident had not occurred then I think they would have gone straight to heat 2. So with a possible lenghthly stoppage riders decided to walk the track looking for anything that may have caused them problems and then it was agreed to do some rework on the track. I think you are totally out of order slagging of the track man who has been producing some great track surfaces recently and i'm one of his biggest critics .

• Like 2

We have someone who can prepare a track but have have a habit over many years of throwing up a lemon for some reason. I think that there would have been a lengty break anyway as anything involving the doctor and another ambulance seem to put a stop on things these days. Breaks of that length are unacceptable but the bigger problem is lack of communication as to what's going on. It really isn't rocket science to give the paying punters meaningful communications during such a period. There's always a possible (genuine) excuse at the EoES, it's a fact of life of running there.

The delay was for Nick Morris, who was with the paramedic who then had to wait to be transferred into county ambulance for a trip to hospital i.m sure you can appreciate this was the correct thing to do and nothing to do with the track condition , the track wasn't perfect but IMO opinion it was raceable and had this incident had not occurred then I think they would have gone straight to heat 2. So with a possible lenghthly stoppage riders decided to walk the track looking for anything that may have caused them problems and then it was agreed to do some rework on the track. I think you are totally out of order slagging of the track man who has been producing some great track surfaces recently and i'm one of his biggest critics .

If I heard Holder right though he said that the riders had said before a wheel was turned that the track should be bladed as they could see that there was a problem? If that's the case then the Morris incident might not have happened which means that screm has a valid point if I suspect missing the real target. Wyers would be under orders and does as good a job as allowed.

Were you actually at the meeting? The ambulance was on track for some time - once the track was clear the blading was done while the medics were still with Nick Morris. There was little if any extra delay once the medics were able to resume duties.

No I wasn't, I am just going off the updates that says the riders were un-happy with the track, also post 32 that says why were people standing around for the best part of an hour waiting for the track to be sorted.

No I wasn't, I am just going off the updates that says the riders were un-happy with the track, also post 32 that says why were people standing around for the best part of an hour waiting for the track to be sorted.

You remind me of a key murder witness who wasn't on the scene when the crime was committed. You really shouldn't take everything for granted because he or she said this or that. You wasn't there so you are in no position to criticise what went on , but I will admit the updates site on the meeting and particularly heat 1 incident was a little bit misleading giving update viewers the wrong impression that the hold up was more to do with remedial work on the track rather than focusing the facts of Nick Morris was receiving medical treatment and awaiting county ambulance. I don't believe any time was lost for repair work and as soon the paramedic returned on track racing continued.

Was it the Berwick riders unhappy by any chance? Who have just lost there number one and already weakened with no Lewis wanting the meeting called off? Never!