British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Glasgow 25/6/17 Championship

Next Sunday won't be one of them though... :cheers:

That's a bit negative after we have just smashed the supposed best team in the league?

Next Sunday won't be one of them though... :cheers:

I hope not but it could be 😦

I hope not but it could be

If we decide to give you a Sheffield type healthy start then we'll be in trouble. If we're on the red meat from heat one like today then you might as well stay at home ;)

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

If we decide to give you a Sheffield type healthy start then we'll be in trouble. If we're on the red meat from heat one like today then you might as well stay at home ;)

Will be waiting to see the SWC pick and how that affects the line ups

Stupid decision for Witches to accept that fixture in world cup week when 99% sure Danny would then be missing 😕

Will be waiting to see the SWC pick and how that affects the line ups

Stupid decision for Witches to accept that fixture in world cup week when 99% sure Danny would then be missing 😕

Same with Bomber. Also Starke/Holder is in the squad, does that mean he is missing aswell? Edited by Panthers89

Fair play to the Panters - very comfortable win against the much vaunted /hyped Weegies.

Didn't expect that.

Apart from hall, all the panters were on it/up for it.

In contrast the top heat leader trio in the division, so I'm told, looked very ordinary. And for Lawson....

Very disappointed with the track though. Looks like the shale shortage has arrived. It was very smooth but just bald.

Stand out win for Jack Smith against Jack Holder. Summers helped him for a couple of laps but the Smith laddie finished it off.

Surely time for Richard hall to put in a protest to vatcher to get his average reduced so he can ride in the MDL?

• Like 4

Same with Bomber. Also Starke/Holder is in the squad, does that mean he is missing aswell?

Any riders involved in the SWC wont be available as far as I know.

Once signed into the competition cannot ride elsewhere until eliminated is the rule I believe.

So Ippo will be without Danny and Rory and we will be missing Harris/Starke and Holder. Let's hope for a rain off so we can see the decent meeting it should be later on in the season.

• Like 3

Same with Bomber. Also Starke/Holder is in the squad, does that mean he is missing aswell?

May as well bin it off then if that's the case.
  • Like 1

Dont think Rory is in a squad (Brit or Oz 😆)

Starke unlikely to make the final cut

But the other 3 look nailed on

Edit Holder not nailed on I suppose- if Kurtz not in main 4 then he may well be the u21. If Kurtz in main 4 then Holder the likely u21

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 1

We're not all like that . I've no idea why some on here have issues with Peterborough , i'm just sorry I can't be there today as I love the track and the stadium .

That probably explains why I didn't bump into you. Mind you knowing how I am at remembering faces I'd no doubt walked by you anyway. :lol:

What size was the crowd today? hope it was better than fridays

I don't go on Friday's but understand the attendance was poor then so it's got to have been a lot better. I'd say a good crowd today but not as big as last Sunday. Loads of dogs too ~ Peterborough must hold the record for having the most 4 legged friends there. :lol: All perfectly behaved as well, especially my two who just lay down and went to sleep for the whole match as usual. It was nice to be complimented by the people behind us for having such good dogs.

Well done to the Panthers. I'm still learning about Championship teams but reading comments on here I was fully expecting Glasgow to beat them easily so that score came as something of a surprise.

That's a bit negative after we have just smashed the supposed best team in the league?

I live in Ipswich, just hoping for a good close meeting while i sit on the fence :D

• Like 1

Personally i enjoyed the meeting and the riders seemed to also. Definitely less dirt than has been previously but gave the riders confidence to attack it and either set up to drive on the slicker inside or use the spectacular wide line. This resulted in plenty of passing, several races with no distance between first and last and yet minimal dust.

Id imagine the issues Friday played a part but there was definitely a feel good factor around the showground and if the entertainment stays like that i will keep making the journey to enjoy it.

• Like 3

What size was the crowd today? hope it was better than fridays

much better (as expected by most of us)

double I would guess but still not as good as previous weeks

I'd go along with that

Superb Panthers performance..and I for one am shocked by this result based on our last 2 home performances,why have we waited so long for this!? Apart from Hall the whole team were superb. Bacon is getting faster by the week and is a demon gater but needs to get out wide..Harris should spend some track time with him and they can teach each other a thing or 2!..Would love to know what Ulrich has changed. All of halls races were over after the first turn..not working out for him at all..wonder what will happen.

After so much doom n gloom well done boys!️

Might as well bring in a youngster for Hall.

Very disappointed with the track though. Looks like the shale shortage has arrived. It was very smooth but just bald.

You mean the track that served up some excellent and entertaining speedway?

:rolleyes:

Come on Glasgow beat these Muppets

Who's the muppet now?

:rofl:

• Like 1