British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ellioth4

Scunthorpe V Berwick 25/06/2017

Not for first time against Berwick at Scunthorpe A certain referee mucks it up. Same happened last year. Just general inconsistency. Bandits must have rued Bridger and Etheridge absence today. A win for sure gone astray

• Like 1

Berwick just miss out on a point, even with a depleted team. Plenty effort but with the injuries we have suffered we are always up against.

What was Wilkinson up to with Howe, pick on someone your own size you big bully. :D

Berwick just miss out on a point, even with a depleted team. Plenty effort but with the injuries we have suffered we are always up against.

What was Wilkinson up to with Howe, pick on someone your own size you big bully. :D

You rode against 5 riders? Id say Scunthorpe were more up against it than Berwick

Wasn't wilko, me and Carl are great mates

• Like 3

According to updates you and Mr Wilko had whatever handbags is at the pit gate, and we look after our own at Berwick. Mr Wilko will tell you that.

Was it Auty then? Apologies i did the updates but can only go by what im told

You rode against 5 riders? Id say Scunthorpe were more up against it than Berwick

Yes but we went into this meeting minus arguably our two best riders, yes we had a guest in Howarth, without our two regular reserves, so just failing to score a point is a reasonable effort IMO.

According to updates you and Mr Wilko had whatever handbags is at the pit gate, and we look after our own at Berwick. Mr Wilko will tell you that.

All I do is mouth off on twitter apparently.

But no it wasn't anything to do with Carl, as said we've been mates for years, others well....

• Like 2

Great win for the five men against the seven men. Don't come that one mate. Kerr took three rides. Tough on Burton injury of course but his extra ride gave you three points so no need to bleat on about only five riders.

Edited by Barnstormer

But no it wasn't anything to do with Carl, as said we've been mates for years, others well....

:lol:

That will be Joshua the retiring king.

Developed into a bloody good meeting.. first four or five races were somewhat strung out and instantly forgettable. After that slow start though, there was fantastic racing from both teams. Kyle Howarth is so good to watch round scunny, some terrific battles with Josh Auty. Doolan, Howe and Gappmaier also put on a decent show.

For Scunny.. A most welcome win.. Was a good effort from the boys.. Special praise for Wilko and Auty, brilliant effort from both of them. Great to see Josh back on form and enjoying his speedway again.

Shame about the withdrawals of Ryan Burton (collar bone) and Lewis Kerr (wrist).. hope their injuries heal quick and don't keep them out long.

For those that stayed on to watch the junior match.. some great riding from the young'uns.. thoroughly entertaining meeting. Halifax pipping Berwick 19-17.. Some cracking young riders developing in that league.

• Like 1

Is that due to the European 125cc championships in Torun? Has special dispensation been given for this meeting to be run with 250's instead of 125/150's, makes sense if so because both Berwick riders are at Torun I think.

Yes it is due to the torun meeting Berwicks Luke Harrison and Sam Mcgurk and halfax rider Harry Mcgurk are all there to race on Thursday in the European 125 championship.

They also got to watch Torun v Wroclaw yesterday and will watch the sec meeting on Friday

Got to love been the dad of a speedway kid lol