British Speedway Forum
RedcarB123

Scunthorpe V Redcar 2/7/17

Sorry HT, I normally agree with most things that you say, but the Barker / Auty incident, happened right in front of me and Auty piled into Barker who was in front and on the outside line, ref right decision. Charles Wright exclusion, he went deep into the corner from gate1. to block the outside run. He gave Tero some room but not much, but Tero kept coming and he lost it on the outside, there was no contact, I was perfectly placed to see that aswell. Wright excluded, harsh but the right decision from the ref. The Wilko exclusion, virtually two bends completed, hardly first bend bunching. Robbo out in front got to the outside, but Wilko trying the outside run had plenty of time to see what was evolving and make a cut to the inside. He didn't, he kept it on, there was no contact, but on the grippy outside he came down. My view was clear, its harsh but the ref made the right decision, to award a rerun with all four would have been a fudge. Lewis Kerr's exclusion, I could see from my position on turn 1 that he clearly jumped the start. I don't know about the second start, it was not as obvious as the previous one, but the ref thought he jumped. Reading Godfrey's comments I don't know where he is coming from. The Redcar management knew from the start how that track was going to play out. Speedway is a cut and thrust business and Redcar fought for every inch on that track, There were some tough decisions to be made by the referee, but I am sure he came to the right conclusion every time.

The way you saw the Barker/Auty incident was precisely how I saw it but, being on the back straight, I didn't have a good view and that was why I referred to what two of my mates saw (they were in the home straight stand).

You can say that Wilkinson not being excluded would have been a fudge and I dare say a few would agree. However, in my experience when a rider runs out of room on the first - or second - bend after a start that's almost always all four back and I have no doubt that is what it should have been.

Kerr definitely moved at the start (by this time I was on the home straight) but I didn't see anything wrong second time. One of the aforementioned mates definitely did, though.

Ayres moving at the start, leaving the tapes stone last and the race being called back because he had moved effectively gave him another chance when he was at fault. If a rider gains advantage through moving then the race comes back. If he does not, there's no way that should happen - that's nothing less than ridiculous and Rob Godfrey was right to make comment on it.

Nobody has been screwed by refs Eric more than Redcar, in the end you just have to get on with it even if you have been Vatchered,

Regarding starts , as long as the tapes are not touched let them go if they have to pull back tough..

Get over it scunthorpe redcar are better than you!

It's swings and roundabouts look what happened Redcar v Glasgow a couple of weeks ago, and now unfortunately for Scorpions it appears it's your turn . Looks like it's going to be a dog fight between yourselves and Berwick for the wooden spoon. Time to start planning ahead for next season.

• Like 1

Get over it scunthorpe redcar are better than you!

Keep up, Lewy old boy, no-one's said anything to the contrary. It was just a huge pity that what was shaping up to be a great contest was ruined by some 'interesting' decisions by the trainee referee.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

The SAME referee that officiated the Redcar v Glasgow meeting(+ J McGregor) ????????????? swings & roundabouts Redcar fans!!!!!!!

Think majority of Redcar fans realise that Glasgow would of won the meeting. But Mr Vatcher at the BSPA decided to overlook the rulebook.

Edited by simmo1958

Maybe they took into account what happened in the Ambulance [ask B ] and that's why they over ruled the rulebook

Kevin Keays legal action will bring it all into the open.

• Like 1

Maybe they took into account what happened in the Ambulance [ask B ] and that's why they over ruled the rulebook

Well why don't you tell us what happened in the ambulance?