British Speedway Forum
idh

Sgb Championship Best Pairs 2017

Ok, so Cook, Worrall and Bewley have home advantage. They'll all be competing against each other (although its unlikely Bewley will ride), and its 1 per team.

Much better than all 4 in one team not competing against each other.

I'm with Buxton Tiger and I fail to see why it can't be a Saturday night.

Surely having it in a superb stadium with a fantastic track that is as neutral as possible is the best that can be hoped for ?

To be fair I think all shared events should be at the National stadium, surely that is what it is there for.

Unfortunately people will constantly bang on about meeting been not been neutral, and my point is that no matter how hard you try these days you could not get a meeting run on a totally new neutral track.

• Like 4

All the top riders potentially would of had 2-3 meetings there earlier in the season? There is no track in the country that is neutral. Let's all go to eastern Russia where no one apart from a bear has visited

Redcar dont need an advantage!
  • Like 3

why dont they bring back the 4,s quali,s .

but have them at each track , that way everyone gets a home advantage. tot up the final points at the end of the 10 series format and bingo , theres your winners .

do it now and there will be no excuses .

all teams can have any member in their team to avoid any fixture clashes ..

SORTED .

ideal as many clubs go without meetings for weeks on end .

Edited by jenga

I can't understand why this event has been given to Sheffield, the last few PLRC's have been piss poor at Sheffield and I can't see why this is going to be any different. :mad::mad::mad: The track at the last few PLRC's has been rubbishe with zero passing, until the last few heats, will the Pairs be the same, probs. We have a perfectly good National Stadium in Manchester, which is a good racers track, surely the event should have been staged at the NSS.

• Like 1

All the top riders potentially would of had 2-3 meetings there earlier in the season? There is no track in the country that is neutral. Let's all go to eastern Russia where no one apart from a bear has visited

To be fair I think all shared events should be at the National stadium, surely that is what it is there for.

Unfortunately people will constantly bang on about meeting been not been neutral, and my point is that no matter how hard you try these days you could not get a meeting run on a totally new neutral track.

You're both dead right but, lets face it, some are more neutral than others.

I quite fancy the Eastern Russia track.... :D

I can't understand why this event has been given to Sheffield, the last few PLRC's have been piss poor at Sheffield and I can't see why this is going to be any different. :mad::mad::mad: The track at the last few PLRC's has been rubbishe with zero passing, until the last few heats, will the Pairs be the same, probs. We have a perfectly good National Stadium in Manchester, which is a good racers track, surely the event should have been staged at the NSS.

The Sheffield track has been a lot better recently, its reasonably well located and it can offer the size and corporate facilities that a meeting of this quality needs. My preference would be Belle Vue, because it offers all the advantages that Sheffield does but is more neutral and can run on a Saturday night, which is surely better than a late Sunday afternoon.

It has to be recognised, though, that at Sheffield the home crowd would turn up in usual (if not increased) numbers. That's not necessarily the case at the NSS.

You're both dead right but, lets face it, some are more neutral than others.

I quite fancy the Eastern Russia track.... :D

The Sheffield track has been a lot better recently, its reasonably well located and it can offer the size and corporate facilities that a meeting of this quality needs. My preference would be Belle Vue, because it offers all the advantages that Sheffield does but is more neutral and can run on a Saturday night, which is surely better than a late Sunday afternoon.

It has to be recognised, though, that at Sheffield the home crowd would turn up in usual (if not increased) numbers. That's not necessarily the case at the NSS.

You may be right with regard the Sheffield track but I usually find that for big events, the Sheffield track does not live up to expectation and this leads to a dire meeting. With regard to Sheffield fans turning out in greater numbers than the Belle Vue fans, you are probably correct on that one, but when it comes to speedway and meetings held and my local track, if it does not involve my team, I still turn up to watch as I like to watch speedway in general, am I a dying breed? I for one will be giving this one a miss but I would have attended had it been at the NSS.

• Like 1

Give this trophy to Harris and Holder.

Peterborough won't be in the Pairs, part of the sanctions. Disappointing for Harris & Panthers supporters.

• Like 1

Peterborough won't be in the Pairs, part of the sanctions. Disappointing for Harris & Panthers supporters.

Source?

Great BSPA logic - the punishment for 1 rider missing a shared event & letting down the public is to, wait for it, ban 2 riders so they miss a shared event and let down the public. You'd think the fans would like to see Harris wouldn't you?

They struggled to figure out a race format with 8 & 10 teams, 9 will bamboozle them.

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 1

Source?

Great BSPA logic - the punishment for 1 rider missing a shared event & letting down the public is to, wait for it, ban 2 riders so they miss a shared event and let down the public. You'd think the fans would like to see Harris wouldn't you?

They struggled to figure out a race format with 8 & 10 teams, 9 will bamboozle them.

He's trolling.

The reason to hold these meeting at the relevant league tracks is to make some money.

The majority of the crowds are made up of home fans, have it at a neutral venue the crowds will undoubtedly be very poor

The reason to hold these meeting at the relevant league tracks is to make some money.

The majority of the crowds are made up of home fans, have it at a neutral venue the crowds will undoubtedly be very poor

As we have seen before , Swindon holding the 2007 PLRC immediately springs to mind . The top riders ride most tracks well , Sheffield is a proper speedway track , not a wee technical trick track , so I don't see a problem holding meetings like this there .

• Like 1

Deep...