British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Wolves V Rye House 10th July

So someone has a different opinion of Monmore and you do one of your rants.

And Barker has just completely summed up my opinion of Monmore.

ok let me give you the facts. Wolves is a good track. Poole isn't. Not sure if you get that or not. Oh and in case you were wondering you are the only person on here with that 'opinion' of the Wolves track...... you must get used to that , happens to you a lot on here. Oh and you think Barkers fall was the track??? Wow your putting yourself at Starmans level if you believe that

Its why he's never progressed. No throttle control, just wind it on and hope for the best. Thankfully he's walked away though

You need to master throttle control at the small tracks, I'd have thought he might have been more sophisticated given he seems to be doing well at Redcar, another small track.

Give me Belle Vue type of track over this any day of the week. The hint is in the name. SPEEDway.

even funnier! So you believe our sport is who has the best engines and isn't afraid to wind it on?? You don't believe it's skillful and good to have watched the skill of the Karlsson brothers, Loram , Screen , Ward showing how brilliant they were on a bike?? Oh yes it's called speedway ...... not motocross at Poole

Give me Belle Vue type of track over this any day of the week. The hint is in the name. SPEEDway.

Another hint, it's not called speedBUMPway. The real horror track.

Got to love Shovlar being told by everyone how deluded he is makes for cracking reading but yet he will keep banging that drum...... and joined by another person who also posts tripe in Mr Flange....what a double act comedy gold

• Like 1

Why wasn't Robbo in heat 10 in place of Sedgmen? Now one of Sedgmen or Ayres has to have a 4th ride in heat 14 and Robbo won't be getting 7 rides now.

Why are team managers so thick? Made changes to have a good reserve, didn't utilise having a good reserve. FFS :rolleyes:

And now he's leaving Barker in heat 11. What a moron.

Edited by SCB

Lol!

If you would rather watch this every week than a proper speedway track thats your perogative. Poole's track currently has its issues, no doubt about it, but the racing is Good full throttle stuff. Monmore is a tricky little track. Undisputable. And in your words, FACT. (Although its actually an opinion)

Monmore has monster home advantage. Clear to see for everyone and the reason they won the league last year and probably this year as well.

You need to master throttle control at the small tracks, I'd have thought he might have been more sophisticated given he seems to be doing well at Redcar, another small track.

They might be both on the small side , though nothing like each other . Redcar has high bankings on the 3rd and 4th bend

I know there's plenty of banter going on but this is just an average meeting so far, pretty much what I've come to expect on most domestic tracks, Saddlebow last week and Poole the other week, we're lucky to get more than a handful of decent races most weeks.

• Like 1

Typical Barker, no control.

Glad he is okay tho.

Looked in control in that one

• Like 1

Monmore has monster home advantage. Clear to see for everyone and the reason they won the league last year and probably this year as well.

And the years we have finished low down in the league and beaten easily by Poole???

Wolves have built a strong team, and made changes at the right time.

It's funny how we only have massive home advantage when we are winning. Yet never mentioned during our lean years. But thanks for confirming your lack of knowledge on the subject. :t:

They might be both on the small side , though nothing like each other . Redcar has high bankings on the 3rd and 4th bend

That of course is very true. Both ride different and yes more finesse and control is needed at Wolves. And those who haven't got it are exposed quite badly, Barker in particular.

Looked in control in that one

Good race from Ben. One race in 4.

And the years we have finished low down in the league and beaten easily by Poole???

Wolves have built a strong team, and made changes at the right time.

It's funny how we only have massive home advantage when we are winning. Yet never mentioned during our lean years. But thanks for confirming your lack of knowledge on the subject. :t:

That of course is very true. Both ride different and yes more finesse and control is needed at Wolves. And those who haven't got it are exposed quite badly, Barker in particular.

In that second paragraph you have just confirmed your lack of knowledge of the sport. Everyone knew Redcar rides different to Monmore. Except you! Lol! (That was meant to be light heated humour)

By the way when Wolves had a mediocre team, they still used to see off Poole more often than not by a couple of points. Been there often enough to witness it.

By the way what a terrible crowd. 9.99 to get in, on their race night, and empty terraces. At least at Poole last week we had a good crowd on an off race night. What went wrong here or are Wolves fans stingy and would rather watch on tv?

Edited by Steve Shovlar