British Speedway Forum
mrss

Stars V Pirates. 13 July

I'm totally ashamed of my (not so much of a) team tonight.

How you perform away from home is totally irrelevant when things like tonight happen.

It's a real embarrassment on the club, the sport and the man at the helm of British Speedway.

• Like 4

OMG I've been following the updates and this forum re tonight's meeting and I can honestly say I've never felt so sorry for all Speedway fans as I do tonight, how can the sport I have followed since the late 60's been reduced to this sorry state of affairs. Poole may have gained 4 points tonight but Speedway has been the loser. As for Robert Lambert if fans were shouting comments etc (I have no idea what) that he didn't like he should not have sunk to their level he should have ignored them but maybe that fan/or fans were as upset as I now feel about tonight's farce and were just venting their anger and he was in the firing line.

Re the forum in general, for all meetings not just this one, it would be much improved if posts/comments were kept to sensible remarks instead of some people, definitely not all, posters reducing it to a slanging match. Perhaps the moderators should start moderating.

• Like 9

So, this, "best track man" thing some Lynn fans have always claimed and some of us have argued with for 10 years now. Where are they tonight?

I certainly haven't said that for years

Why do people think Lambert will get a ban for remonstrating with a fan? He had a go at someone at Peterborough in May, although he didn't go into the crowd.

Gobby fans are fair game. If he'd hit another rider he might have got a ban.

R Lambert did go into the crowd at Peterborough, he jumped over the air fence on bend 2 - I was there.

So that's twice this season Lambert has jumped into the crowd to confront fans.

Not a good night all round but let's get some truth amongst the tulip that is being spoken on here.

Track was not good and apparently soft and made it very hard to ride. Yes Poole riders were happy to ride as they were winning and I can't blame them. Kings Lynn riders 1-7 refused to race after heat 8. Not just batch and holder. Rose at the end was speaking and said he couldn't turn the bike and that's what they all struggled with.

Dale was taken ill and I hope he has a speedy recovery and it was nothing to do with events for tonight.

Batch looked very good in heat 1 but did fall heavily and the wrist injury may have been a convenient reason to disappear.

Holder tried in heat 11 but walked straight off after and into changing rooms. Probably had enough by this point and didn't want to risk nothing else.

Lambert did not try and punch someone. He went into the crowd to confront someone who was abusing them in the pits. Nothing wrong in sticking up for yourself and your team.

Jorgensen very impressive. Kai looked good too and was prepared to give it a go.

Before all the keyboard warriors start maybe wait for the riders opinion before slating any of them. None of us would work in dangerous conditions or conditions that we wasn't comfortable in so why do we expext the riders too.

• Like 4

Not a good night all round but let's get some truth amongst the tulip that is being spoken on here.

Track was not good and apparently soft and made it very hard to ride. Yes Poole riders were happy to ride as they were winning and I can't blame them. Kings Lynn riders 1-7 refused to race after heat 8. Not just batch and holder. Rose at the end was speaking and said he couldn't turn the bike and that's what they all struggled with.

Dale was taken ill and I hope he has a speedy recovery and it was nothing to do with events for tonight.

Batch looked very good in heat 1 but did fall heavily and the wrist injury may have been a convenient reason to disappear.

Holder tried in heat 11 but walked straight off after and into changing rooms. Probably had enough by this point and didn't want to risk nothing else.

Lambert did not try and punch someone. He went into the crowd to confront someone who was abusing them in the pits. Nothing wrong in sticking up for yourself and your team.

Jorgensen very impressive. Kai looked good too and was prepared to give it a go.

Before all the keyboard warriors start maybe wait for the riders opinion before slating any of them. None of us would work in dangerous conditions or conditions that we wasn't comfortable in so why do we expext the riders too.

Nobody does mate. But why did the meeting go ahead.. :o

Why were the conditions so dangerous? Plenty of time for track to be prepared before tonight.

No excuse for the track.Been good weather.You all ride or none of you ride.Not good for team spirit or speedway.

It came directly from Pirate Baz, who was discribing exactly what was happening from his perch above the pits.

well Baz must have been pi55ed then going from other accounts... you just look a right t!t now!! What a fraud man. I mean, a grown man posting like hes seeing things first hand only to be rumbled 😂😂.
  • Like 4

well Baz must have been pi55ed then going from other accounts... you just look a right t!t now!! What a fraud man. I mean, a grown man posting like hes seeing things first hand only to be rumbled .

Typical troll from Shovlar the man is a disgrace to Poole speedway and there decent fans! Batchelor fell off, and even more disgraceful is saying Lambert should get a 6 month ban!!! For what!!! Shovlar commentating on a meeting he wasn't even at and getting every fact wrong!! Total idiot
  • Like 4

R Lambert did go into the crowd at Peterborough, he jumped over the air fence on bend 2 - I was there.

So that's twice this season Lambert has jumped into the crowd to confront fans.

Fair enough. I was in the grandstand up the other end that night and only saw him shouting over the air fence. There is a pic of it somewhere as well.

Still not sure it's ban worthy, but he obviously needs to develop a thicker skin.

Anyhow, when speedway was a real sport, Gary Guglielmi and Mitch Shirra used to lay into someone on a weekly basis! Opposing fans, riders, away track staff that had annoyed them...

• Like 2

Kings Lynn and the relevant people need sanctions/bans brought against them for tonight - what a farce.

Edited by Perton Wolf
  • Like 1

Horror track :rofl::rofl::rofl:

that's the 2nd to join Poole. :wink:

surely middlo will be a character witness after all isnt it what young kids do these days

:rofl:

4 rides where a home rider has been excluded re 2 mins

What is going on ?

Very odd or dodgy or both!

well Baz must have been pi55ed then going from other accounts... you just look a right t!t now!! What a fraud man. I mean, a grown man posting like hes seeing things first hand only to be rumbled .

Nobody rumbled anything. I never said or pretended I was there. Lol!

Baz is a very reliable poster on here. Sorry you don't like what was happening at Kings Lynn this evening.

Totally disgraceful behaviour from Kings Lynn. Well done to Middlo and the Poole lads for getting on with the job and leaving with the 4 big points.

Edited by Steve Shovlar