British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RedcarB123

Redcar V Scunthorpe 13-7-17

Poor from too many too often.

Would be nice if Redcar raced on a weekend, i would support them instead of the Scorpions, although i havent been to many Scorpions meetings this year, wonder why?

To be fair the racing was for the most part Close , Lewis Kerr was excellent.

What has happened to Josh Auty ? What has happened to one of great talents ?

Wilko is approaching Richard Hall Status !

Why Douglas cannot score The MPA ? He is the only rider in the league who can't.

Coty Garcia available, although if I was Berwick I would take him back

Bears on fire , only one 0 .

Aaron Summers scored his lowest at Pm for ages, so Scunthorpe could have got a real hammering if Jason & Charles had ridden .

Believe it or not there was some good Close racing.

I thought the racing was poor, about two good heats. Some will say that's because Scunny were so bad and they maybe be right but I think the track would really benefit from some more dirt and water.

With respect, its hard to judge it on last night. the vast majority of the races the Bears gated and gone and were never being caught. Could be the best racetrack in the world but if the 2 fastest riders gate in front there will still be no passing.

A few good battles involving Lewis Kerr and Barker, and I think it was heat 14 with Douglas and Garcia passing and re-passing.

I do agree with a bit more water on the track though, was plenty of dust in the second half of meeting.

With respect, its hard to judge it on last night. the vast majority of the races the Bears gated and gone and were never being caught. Could be the best racetrack in the world but if the 2 fastest riders gate in front there will still be no passing.

A few good battles involving Lewis Kerr and Barker, and I think it was heat 14 with Douglas and Garcia passing and re-passing.

I do agree with a bit more water on the track though, was plenty of dust in the second half of meeting.

Is the racing normally better? its just I have been to Redcar twice and have left thinking the shape of the track and the setup as a whole is great but the racing could be better if it wasn't so slick and dusty.

No excuses for the Scorpions, riders who should have at least maintanined their average and indeed could have been expected to improve on it ,have not done so,this is the third season the team has struggled at the lower reaches of the league,there needs to be a major rethink on team building,the idea of building a team around strong reserves is just not working!A credibal No1 with good second strings has to be a better alternative,IMHO.,The crowd is dwindling away at the EWR its not hard to see why,ya cant win 'em all but a competeve team would see crowd numbers improve,that said i'll be there next home meeting handing over me money because the last home meeting was a cracker and maybe just maybe...........

• Like 1

The racing on the whole has been much improved compared to the last few seasons and was actually the first time this season I can remember any significant dust (we stand on the second bend so suffer from it more than most when it happens!).

“I can’t defend our performance, and it’s made me all the more determined to freshen things up.”,, from Rob on scunnys web page so maybe there are change/s

It's been said before about changes & who's out there but he's only got 14 days left to make changes.

Guest Scunny2012

To be fair the racing was for the most part Close , Lewis Kerr was excellent.

What has happened to Josh Auty ? What has happened to one of great talents ?

Wilko is approaching Richard Hall Status !

Why Douglas cannot score The MPA ? He is the only rider in the league who can't.

Coty Garcia available, although if I was Berwick I would take him back

Should have signed Berge when they had the chance

Auty away rarely beats an opposing heat leader

I'm afraid Wilkinson has reached Richard Hall status

Something has got to be done for the crowd against Newcastle seemed really poor and if the riders keep underperforming it's only gonna get worse.

I don't know where this myth, about Ryan Douglas, not being able to get to grips with Redcar, comes from. I have seen him show some great rides, around the MPA. The fact is (and Boothers may bare me out here), Ryan has never participated in a meeting there, either for Scunthorpe or as a guest and not won a race in that meeting. He has been there at least half a dozen times, does that sound like someone who cant ride the track. He has had a couple of decent scores, but in some matches he has been very unlucky, with mechanical issues, or he has had a fall when handily placed. Ryan is a rider for me who blows hot and cold and goes through phases, but when he is hot, he is very watchable. As for MPT, he is pretty quick around Redcar, he just doesn't gate well enough to be in contention, in most races.

With Ryan, it is nearly always a confidence issue as he always gets an injury to knock him. As he has proved before, when he is confident he is buzzing & gets decent scores regularly but I hope he is not putting too much on himself because of his visa issue. Starting out this year on different engines has not helped with his inactivity in the winter. His 3 year visa expires this year meaning he has to attain a 7 point average or, when he returns home, a top 4 finish in a State Championship. By having a look at the amount of meetings left, he would have to average about 9 which is more than what Lewis Kerr is achieving. I hope he does not try too hard to achieve this & gets another injury. I think his best option is to ride within himself, confidently, scores the points which will give him the confidence to target the top 4 finish back home in Australia, which will then see him achieve his goal to return in 2018

• Like 1

The fact is (and Boothers may bare me out here), Ryan has never participated in a meeting there, either for Scunthorpe or as a guest and not won a race in that meeting. He has been there at least half a dozen times

Err...like to help out but basically statistically Ryan is very average around Redcar. 9 matches, 45 points for a STMP average of 4.09. He's had 8 matches here for Scunny and had 6 heat wins, so I'm afraid he must have had 2 meetings without a win. One will probably have been the 'mare of a meeting he had here (last year?) where he rode the same day that he'd arrived from Australia, ended up with 7 rides but don't know if he scored a point? Still I know what you mean, he always seems to be on the pace and in the mix and you always think he's scored the points his efforts deserved.