British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RedcarB123

Peterbrough V Redcar Sunday. Ch

Well you need to look forward to those fixtures rather than dwelling on the past , if decisions go against you no matter who's right or wrong you need to take it on the chin and look forward to whatever chances you have to progress to the play-offs without the needless uncalled for slagging off you've been spouting today. Enjoy you're speedway.

I will but just to point out it was you that was looking backwards this time to Ben's non appearance at Glasgow

I will but just to point out it was you that was looking backwards this time to Ben's non appearance at Glasgow

In response to you and others harping on about decisions by Vatcher going against you're side and then referring it to today's fixture and the slight you included about Ged already had words with the on duty paramedic to stop Charles Wright from riding at the showground .

Think he already has had a word.

Apparently Ben was "sick" just like Ulrich was when he missed his flight and did not turn up at Redcar on the 8th June.

May be in 5th place but we still have Sheffield 3 times with 2 of them at home so plenty of mileage yet.

Looking at the real table it's Edinburgh you should be looking at, not Sheffield.

Glasgow +17

Sheffield +16

Ipswich + 14

Edinburgh + 8

Redcar + 8

Boro, Worky and Newcastle all -2

But you've got a bit of a wait before their season unfolds,they go to Berwick and Scunny 2nd weekend in September, that will be make or break for them.

Just look at where ipswich would have been if they didn't throw leads away at Edinburgh Berwick and Newcastle.

Just look at where ipswich would have been if they didn't throw leads away at Edinburgh Berwick and Newcastle.

All teams have thrown away leads and/or points though.

Been in Speedway for over 40 years and never ever heard that a rider has to have a medical just before a meeting at the track to prove his fitness after a 9 day concussion lay off. Why could he not have gone to his doctor for a fitness note. No he has the expense of traveling over 100 miles from Manchester at his own cost be told he maybe he cannot ride. Not common practice, just another one of those rules made up for Redcar again this year. Mr Vatcher needs to get real and stop letting some teams who seem to have more influence than others talk him in to idiotic decisions that bear no resemblance to the rule book.

"PETERBOROUGH promoter Ged Rathbone has clarified his position regarding the involvement of Redcar rider Charles Wright in yesterday's SGB Championship clash between the two clubs.

The 'T Balfe Construction' Panthers triumphed 51-42 against a Bears side, featuring Wright, at the East of England Arena.

And contrary to circulating gossip, Rathbone insists his intervention is the only reason Wright was able to take his place after being knocked out in a crash when the sides met in the reverse fixture 10 days earlier. Peterborough triumphed 52-40 at the Media Prima Arena on that occasion.

Rathbone said: "I was in frequent contact with members of the Redcar promotion throughout last week to make them aware they needed to get medical clearance from Charles' own doctor.

"That is a basic requirement following any head injury and he would not have been able to ride, but it was not obtained until late on Saturday.

"As a promoter, I have a duty of care to all riders racing in a meeting staged at our track. Had it been another club, I would not have got involved and Charles would not have been racing.

"I only stepped in to assist my hometown team and yet I have ended up being criticised by people who wrongly seem to think I was attempting to stop him racing when in fact I was doing quite the opposite."

• Like 4

"PETERBOROUGH promoter Ged Rathbone has clarified his position regarding the involvement of Redcar rider Charles Wright in yesterday's SGB Championship clash between the two clubs.

The 'T Balfe Construction' Panthers triumphed 51-42 against a Bears side, featuring Wright, at the East of England Arena.

And contrary to circulating gossip, Rathbone insists his intervention is the only reason Wright was able to take his place after being knocked out in a crash when the sides met in the reverse fixture 10 days earlier. Peterborough triumphed 52-40 at the Media Prima Arena on that occasion.

Rathbone said: "I was in frequent contact with members of the Redcar promotion throughout last week to make them aware they needed to get medical clearance from Charles' own doctor.

"That is a basic requirement following any head injury and he would not have been able to ride, but it was not obtained until late on Saturday.

"As a promoter, I have a duty of care to all riders racing in a meeting staged at our track. Had it been another club, I would not have got involved and Charles would not have been racing.

"I only stepped in to assist my hometown team and yet I have ended up being criticised by people who wrongly seem to think I was attempting to stop him racing when in fact I was doing quite the opposite."

So, to all the snidey c***s who were having their usual ill-informed pops at Ged/Panthers:

Stick that in your pipes and smoke it!

So, to all the snidey c***s who were having their usual ill-informed pops at Ged/Panthers:

Stick that in your pipes and smoke it!

Never would have expected anything less from Ged, Always at Redcar , most of the time supporting Redcar.... Teessiders stick together...

• Like 1

Never would have expected anything less from Ged, Always at Redcar , most of the time supporting Redcar.... Teessiders stick together...

Well that's Geds side of the story. Which is the opposite of what Redcar fans were told on Thursday night at their home meeting by their own promoter and also the opposite of what promoter Kevin Keay and team manager Jitendra Duffull state in the local Teesside paper on Saturday night. No doubt the Redcar promotion will now make a statement if they still disagree with Ged.

He also tried ban barker because he wouldn't guest for them at Glasgow

Barker accepted the booking but had no intention of appearing and was seen by many to be at Stoke practicing and made it quite obvious that he' d stitched up Ged. This sort of thing should not be happening and is bad for the image of the sport. Barker should receive a ban for this in my opinion.

• Like 4

Well that's Geds side of the story. Which is the opposite of what Redcar fans were told on Thursday night at their home meeting by their own promoter and also the opposite of what promoter Kevin Keay and team manager Jitendra Duffull state in the local Teesside paper on Saturday night. No doubt the Redcar promotion will now make a statement if they still disagree with Ged.

Yup. There's always two sides with the truth usually somewhere in the middle.

• Like 1

Barker accepted the booking but had no intention of appearing and was seen by many to be at Stoke practicing and made it quite obvious that he' d stitched up Ged. This sort of thing should not be happening and is bad for the image of the sport. Barker should receive a ban for this in my opinion.

He had no intention of appearing after your team manager was chatting s*** about him on twitter the day before

He had no intention of appearing after your team manager was chatting s*** about him on twitter the day before

That's fair enough, Johnson was very stupid. However, Barker lied about his 'illness' so should we condone and defend liars in sport now ?

• Like 3