British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Championship Fours 06/08 Peterborough

All this hating on here..what about the racing today?..Some of the races involving Bomber and Ulrich were breathtaking..and I'm saying that as a speedway fan.

• Like 3

All this hating on here..what about the racing today?..Some of the races involving Bomber and Ulrich were breathtaking..and I'm saying that as a speedway fan.

The last 9 heats in the final was some of the best/tightest racing you will see for a while!

• Like 2

I'm not overly pleased to see Peterborough win, but I won't lose any sleep over it. Truth is they'd have almost certainly won with Holder in the side anyway. Now I'm a neutral I can sit back and enjoy the day. Probably the best 4TT I've seen. Those six hours just flew by

• Like 8

I know I've been there for the 4TT many a time but TBH they should be able to get the whole meeting done and dusted in 4hrs at the very most. Unless of course there's a major incident.

If the meeting finishes today at 7:30 what time will the Banditsbus get back ?

The BSPA need to get a grip on speeding up proceedings and treating the spectators better

Finished well before 7.30. Had sandwich and cup of tea whilst waiting at least 20mins for car park to clear and then after 50min drive was home well in time to watch test match highlights on Channel 5+1 at 8.00.

32 heats here today, some clubs struggle to run a 15heat league match in 2hrs.

Edited by STARRGAZER1
  • Like 3

Finished well before 7.30. Had sandwich and cup of tea whilst waiting at least 20mins for car park to clear and then after 50min drive was home well in time to watch test match highlights on Channel 5+1 at 8.00.

32 heats here today, some clubs struggle to run a 15heat league match in 2hrs.

We were there for six hours in total. Don't know about anyone else, but it flew by. A very enjoyable day, despite the twelve hour round trip

• Like 1

Congratulations Peterborough! and that's coming from a Kings Lynn fan. I thought today was a good advertisement for British Speedway. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the showground. The presentation was pretty slick although the PA systems could do with being turned down a bit!! Some of the racing in the final was outstanding. Made me realise what rubbish I've been used to at Lynn lately. Most of the riders were totally committed and of similar standard. (Some exceptions of course). Surely next season one big league is the way forward. Get rid of some of the so called big boys and Doubling up and British Speedway still has a lot to offer.

Edited by Captain Marvel
  • Like 9

Right, so did you use your top 4 by average? If the answer is know you broke the rules. Breaking rules is cheating.

You have a bizarre concept of cheating because I don't think I have ever heard of someone being accused of it where they have substantially weakened their chance of success.

I thought they got thro it fairly efficiently. There were times I was still filling in the prog when the next four were at the tapes.much less faffing about at the tapes than in the top league. There were big track grades between the semis and before the final but it was needed and didn't take that long.

IMHO the presentation was good, the organisation was good and some of the racing was bloody brilliant.

There can be few better sights than watching Bomber round the Showground when he is on song. The effort put in by the majority was much appreciated by me. Garrity, Barker, Ostergaard and a couple of others gave it everything. I thought Ipswich went home after the semis, after the first couple of races when they were down a few points they seemed to lose their fight.

So why did they use Holder in a PR two days before the event?

Not for the first time, we agree and I suspect that those pointing fingers about how long it took weren't even there.

I loathe unnecessary delay and rant about it constantly but there simply wasn't any today. It was hot and windy so there was a lot of track work, but it was vital that that was undertaken. Nor did it seem drawn out at any time at all.

Probably because some of the racing - particularly in the final - was just superb.

I might be a neutral, but I'd accept the home advantage that Peterborough have every time to see something quite as good as that.

• Like 3

You have a bizarre concept of cheating because I don't think I have ever heard of someone being accused of it where they have substantially weakened their chance of success.

No, he has the correct concept, it is you who has a 'bizarre' concept.

Peterborough knowingly broke the rules. As such they cheated. It isn't even a debate.

• Like 1

Forget Holder gate..those 4 rider's and the fans thoroughly deserved the win after over 10 years without success. We were without doubt underdogs due to the circumstances which makes it all the more sweeter. After watching the 2 semis it was looking like an easy win for Ipswich..who knew Panthers would smash it like they did in the final with breathtaking displays of Speedway from Ully and Bomber and good back up from Lambo and Starke..well done Panthers..proud of you👍.

No, he has the correct concept, it is you who has a 'bizarre' concept.

Peterborough knowingly broke the rules. As such they cheated. It isn't even a debate.

Cheating implies gaining an advantage from an unfair act. In no way can you argue replacing Holder with Lambert was beneficial to their chances.

• Like 2

Not for the first time, we agree and I suspect that those pointing fingers about how long it took weren't even there.

I loathe unnecessary delay and rant about it constantly but there simply wasn't any today. It was hot and windy so there was a lot of track work, but it was vital that that was undertaken. Nor did it seem drawn out at any time at all.

Probably because some of the racing - particularly in the final - was just superb.

I might be a neutral, but I'd accept the home advantage that Peterborough have every time to see something quite as good as that.

Totally agree, the breaks were needed after 1st semi and also after second semi and watering after every 4 heats.

The racing in the final was some of the best speedway you will see anywhere in the world.

I like Craig Cook but for him to be moaning about the track and his £200 after only bothering for 1.5 races is a bit of a joke! :o

• Like 2

I like Craig Cook but for him to be moaning about the track and his £200 after only bothering for 1.5 races is a bit of a joke! :o

Rory Schlein having a moan on Twitter now. "Never again. Bang the 4's up yer ass"

Cook seems to losing the plot again,can't handle pressure when the going gets tough as the last few weeks proves.

• Like 2