British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tocha

Rye House V Wolves Saturday 15th July.

Ah, bless.

I bet you have waited ALL season for Freddie to have a KK type meeting.

Shame you can't compare it to a good KK score tho. :wink:

to be fair I think he is riding with a knee injury

Thorsell really is becoming a one track pony. Looks unbeatable at Monmore but let his team down very badly tonight. Been doing it on a regular occurance in Wolves travels. James Shanes passed him and held him off at Poole earlier this season.

Thorsell always looks like he could break through to be a top rider. But never does. And on Monday he will probably score 14 or 15.

• Like 1

to be fair I think he is riding with a knee injury

He had to have physio Monday before riding as he was carrying neck and shoulder injuries (probably from the crash in world cup final) and only scored 6. He is obviously carrying an injury. Think he said his knee isn't the problem anymore.

Thorsell really is becoming a one track pony. Looks unbeatable at Monmore but let his team down very badly tonight. Been doing it on a regular occurance in Wolves travels. James Shanes passed him and held him off at Poole earlier this season.

Thorsell always looks like he could break through to be a top rider. But never does. And on Monday he will probably score 14 or 15.

And his previous last 2 away matches top scored with 12 at Swindon and 13 at kings Lynn.

Shame when facts let you down.

:t:

He had to have physio Monday before riding as he was carrying neck and shoulder injuries (probably from the crash in world cup final) and only scored 6. He is obviously carrying an injury. Think he said his knee isn't the problem anymore.

And his previous last 2 away matches top scored with 12 at Swindon and 13 at kings Lynn.

Shame when facts let you down.

:t:

I am not some saddo to go through all Wolves away meetings this season and last, but I bet I would find quite a few occassions where Thorsell has scored 5 or less away from Monmore. While he can be unbeatable at Monmore, he is mostly disappointing on his travels.

I should concentrate on your own problems if I were you i.e. Kaspercrap. Thorsell had a bad meeting, it happens, but he has made slow and steady progress and most wolves fans are happy enough with that. Not everyone can be world champion.

• Like 1

I am not some saddo to go through all Wolves away meetings this season and last, but I bet I would find quite a few occassions where Thorsell has scored 5 or less away from Monmore. While he can be unbeatable at Monmore, he is mostly disappointing on his travels.

Has been in paid or double figures in 5 of our 9 away matches. That's over 50% of all our away matches this season.

Stats obviously let you down badly. He is mostly improved away compared to last season.

Hopefully that will be the last assumption you make on the subject. :t:

Virtually all riders have a higher home average than an away average. I challenge you to give me a definitive list of 2017 premiership riders that have a higher away average than home average. I doubt that you will get to 5.

To stand a chance of getting anything at rye you need to be making the starts. Wolves were found lacking in this department tonight. Still an away point is better than nothing.

In average reduction mode, as is Lindgren. Let Schlien, Howarth & Masters score the points - Lindgren & Thorsell are coming back next year. Their play off spot is all but confirmed, Wolves will not lose at home, why win away when they can pick up the odd point & send the home fans home victorious? Political gain.

Thorsell was mentioned by many Swindon fans as being the only real guest replacement for Doyle in some threads, so they obviously rate him in Wiltshire.

Edited by Col

I am not some saddo

Think again

• Like 2

need to sort the reserves out or it is going to cost us

Reserves did well in this meeting I think, just hope that Mark Riss can come back and be fit in time for the playoffs but looks like a long shot.

oops facts really aren't your strong point. Have a look at Thorsells last away scores! In fact he has done fine away all season. Really best to keep quiet instead of putting your foot in it all the time making yourself look silly
  • Like 1