British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Berwick V Glasgow Cl Sat July 15th At 7pm

Just about to leave , hope the weather is better in Berwick than it is here in Paisley

Just about to leave , hope the weather is better in Berwick than it is here in Paisley

We had plenty rain this morning, still very cloudy but forecast from now is an improving one.

Just starting to ease off now

Good stuff , suppose those world famous covers wont be down because of a silly football match , so hope it stays dry

• Like 2

Eveythings better in Berwick than it is in Paisley 😉

• Like 1

Feel as if us fans have totally have the urine taken out of us tonight.

Utter farce that heat 15 wasn't run.

What rubbed salt into the wound was riders coming on the mic and saying how dangerous it would have been to ride: after just having 2 heats in pouring rain!!!!
Very patronising.

35 minutes until curfew, no water lying on the track, clear skies, not a single bit of track grading to even try to get heat 15 on.

It's hard to take the sport seriously after that - I've suddenly lost a massive amount of interest in it :(

• Like 5

What rubbed salt into the wound was riders coming on the mic and saying how dangerous it would have been to ride: after just having 2 heats in pouring rain!!!!

Very patronising.

35 minutes until curfew, no water lying on the track, clear skies, not a single bit of track grading to even try to get heat 15 on.

It's hard to take the sport seriously after that - I've suddenly lost a massive amount of interest in it :(

Oh not very supportive mate glad I never went now.

Very patronising.

Absolutely agree with you, I couldn't believe it. I was all ready to come on here and wax lyrical about a great night at the speedway and how speedway in this part of the Country at least wasnt quite dead, now I feel cheated and frankly right now I wonder why I bother. Fourteen heats of great speedway, all built up for a great HT15 then utter farce, why is it British speedway can find a way of screwing a night out at the speedway

Its fair to say Bigeddiechek and i rarely see eye to eye, but he has summed everything up perfectly. How much damage this has done to an already dwindling Berwick support will be seen at the Sheffield meeting in a couple of weeks.

Edited by screm
  • Like 3

That was just such a slap in the face to all fans, it's impossible to be supportive of the support.

It shows where the root of so many of the problems are - riders.

Would you have seen Granty or Cribby refusing to ride because the track was a bit wet after a shower?

Absolutely agree with you, I couldn't believe it. I was all ready to come on here and wax lyrical about a great night at the speedway and how speedway in this part of the Country at least wasnt quite dead, now I feel cheated and frankly right now I wonder why I bother. Fourteen heats of great speedway, all built up for a great HT15 then utter farce, why is it British speedway can find a way of screwing a night out at the speedway

Its fair to say Bigeddiechek and i rarely see eye to eye, but he has summed everything up perfectly. How much damage this has done to an already dwindling Berwick support will be seen at the Sheffield meeting in a couple of weeks.

Yep, I think we are in 100% agreement with what happened tonight.

Still fizzing yet. It's ripped out all my enthusiasm for the sport.

• Like 3

What a load of f***ing sh*t

Nowt wrong with that track and had plenty time to sort it out!!! Was only 8.45 at the end of heat 14 FFS! 45 minutes to sort it out if the riders was going to whinge that much. David Howe looked absolutely fine in heat 14 and the 4 in heat 13 rode it fine, the sun was out and we havn't had any rain since the end of heat 13. NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER TONIGHT!

Brilliant meeting all gets wiped off with that decision from BOTH teams, the boo's in the ducket were deafening from both sets of fans.

• Like 5

That was just such a slap in the face to all fans, it's impossible to be supportive of the support.

It shows where the root of so many of the problems are - riders.

Would you have seen Granty or Cribby refusing to ride because the track was a bit wet after a shower?

Yep, I think we are in 100% agreement with what happened tonight.

Still fizzing yet. It's ripped out all my enthusiasm for the sport.

Dont think riders ride in wet conditions anymore.

• Like 1

What a load of f***ing sh*t

Nowt wrong with that track and had plenty time to sort it out!!! Was only 8.45 at the end of heat 14 FFS! 45 minutes to sort it out if the riders was going to whinge that much. David Howe looked absolutely fine in heat 14 and the 4 in heat 13 rode it fine, the sun was out and we havn't had any rain since the end of heat 13. NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER TONIGHT!

Brilliant meeting all gets wiped off with that decision from BOTH teams, the boo's in the ducket were deafening from both sets of fans.

Totally agree.

A heat 15 decider was the perfect end for a great meeting.

Or at least it would have been.

Feel completely cheated out of my £15 :angry:

• Like 2

I`m sure it suited both teams not to run heat 15. Both teams saved a heat`s wages. Glasgow probably happy to take 2 points for the away draw- a 4-2 reverse in the last and they would have only got 1 plus Berwick didn`t have a home defeat although if run they could have got a home win !!

Edited by racers and royals