British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Berwick V Glasgow Cl Sat July 15th At 7pm

24 hours till I'll be stood on the back straight for this one and no thread yet . Suppose threading a Berwick meeting these days is pretty much impossible as nobody ( apart from maybe Crescent Girl ) knows what kind of septet the Bandits will cobble together .

What I do know is that we'll be at full strength hoping to add more away points to strengthen our play off place .

So Brewers Arms , Leaping Salmon and Black and Gold club , bring it on .

• Like 1

Berwick should be able to welcome back Nick Morris back into the team so it will be only one guest required for Lee Payne.

Cheers Paulco for starting this thread off. With Nick Morris back from injury Berwick starting to look like a team again, not sure who guest is at No 7 for Lee Payne. Only Doolan and Gappmaier remain from the team that went down 44-46 at the start of season. Hopefully see another close meeting my prediction 45-45.

Cheers Paulco for starting this thread off. With Nick Morris back from injury Berwick starting to look like a team again, not sure who guest is at No 7 for Lee Payne. Only Doolan and Gappmaier remain from the team that went down 44-46 at the start of season. Hopefully see another close meeting my prediction 45-45.

Hopefully we get a clash every bit as entertaining as that meeting was .

• Like 1

Last meeting was a cracker we looked home and dry, then spud put in a brilliant heat which changed whole course of the meeting.

Last meeting was a cracker we looked home and dry, then spud put in a brilliant heat which changed whole course of the meeting.

Aaron's pass on Vissing that night was the moment the momentum of that meeting changed , and we were also treated to a wonderful race in heat 14 between Gappmaier and Lunna . Hope the weather behaves itself tomorrow as I always enjoy my trips to Berwick .

• Like 1

berwick fans get be hind the lads

Got to be a better option than cumin on them.

• Like 2

Hope I'm wrong, but the BBC weather satellite forecast does not look good for tomorrow night. Always look forward to Glasgow coming down, the meetings are usually entertaining and they bring a big travelling support. I admit I have a soft spot for Glasgow, because of their fans. I remember a few years ago when they were struggling, the days of Wolbert and Palovaara, they still brought a good following down and I had a good crack with some of their fans in the Brewers Arms.

That being said it's going to be a big ask to beat Glasgow, who are strong throughout.

• Like 1

Hope I'm wrong, but the BBC weather satellite forecast does not look good for tomorrow night. Always look forward to Glasgow coming down, the meetings are usually entertaining and they bring a big travelling support. I admit I have a soft spot for Glasgow, because of their fans. I remember a few years ago when they were struggling, the days of Wolbert and Palovaara, they still brought a good following down and I had a good crack with some of their fans in the Brewers Arms.

That being said it's going to be a big ask to beat Glasgow, who are strong throughout.

I haven't been to Berwick for a couple of seasons now and will miss this tomorrow also, have always looked for Berwick away on the fixtures at the season start win, lose or draw it is a great day out.

But I'm certain off a large travelling vocal support will descend on border country hoping for a win.

Will check the updates in sunny Tenerife were it is 42c today wouldn't have a rain off with that heat.

Sun off maybe, best of luck lads and hope the fans have an entertaining night.

Edited by Gazc

Forecast aint that bad.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2655819

Meat Loaf had two out of three , well The Bandits have six out of seven and I guess that ain't bad compared to recent teams we've been forced to track . If the weather behaves this has the makings of a decent meeting, and I think ( whisper it ) Berwick might sneak a win

Meat Loaf had two out of three , well The Bandits have six out of seven and I guess that ain't bad compared to recent teams we've been forced to track . If the weather behaves this has the makings of a decent meeting, and I think ( whisper it ) Berwick might sneak a win

The weather will need to behave and as I post it just about is, but it is very dull and I doubt the track covers will be allowed as Berwick Rangers are playing at home against Greenock Morton.

Alfie Bowtell guests in place of the injured Lee Payne.