British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Wolverhampton Wolves Vs Poole Pirates 17/07/17

Surprised that this thread has not been started yet.

Monday sees the Pirates travel to Monmore Green which has not been a happy hunting ground lately.

Poole will have new Signing Timo Lahti making his debut in place of Nicolai klindt who's season is over due to his knee injury.

I don't see Poole getting anything out of Monday's meeting but you never know.

Paul Starke has hit form at reserve so will be key in the battles with the Wolves reserves.

Thoughts?

51-39ish. Not near a point around this little trick track.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Lahti has gone well around Monmore in the past. Not sure he can replace the 16 points Klindt scored at the beginning of the season, albeit from reserve. Hans Andersen is capable of a couple of good heat wins but is unlikely to put five such rides together.

Will Wolves be top again on Monday night?

51-39ish. Not near a point around this little trick track.

You mean the second best track in the top flight after Belle Vue??

Wolves should be to strong as Poole still have the worst number one in the league still riding though Hans and Starke will do ok.

Lahti scored very well round there last time which was 4 years ago.

Holder was poor on his first visit and Kurtz is poor round there so you wont miss him

Ironically Newman and Klindt were Pooles best 2 riders there and both no longer ride for the club.

I think we have a chance of getting a point out of this meeting.

Hans always goes well around Monmore.

Starke should have the reserves on toast. Shanes will chip in as well.

Lahti is decent on small tracks.

Last time your reserves scored 19 and Wolves scored 6 so basically you 'had them on toast' last time.

Kurtz is missing ....im sure r/r will cover his 4 points from last time.

Also Schlein replaces r/r for Wolves which yielded 3 point last time.

You lost by 10 last time.............how can any of the above make you think you will get a point!

Edited by Gavan

Second best.

More like second to last from a racing point of view.

(Not from a track conditions point of view)

Belle Vue

Wolves

Somerset

Swindon

Rye House

Poole

Kings Lynn

Leicester

Thats my order of where i would class the tracks in order of good racing.......opinions only obviously

Belle Vue

Wolves

Somerset

Swindon

Rye House

Poole

Kings Lynn

Leicester

Thats my order of where i would class the tracks in order of good racing.......opinions only obviously

Not finishing order then. But im sure you'd love that.

Why don't you tell us what your order would be ? And I'm talking about the quality of racing.

Edited by Beowulf

Belle Vue

Wolves

Somerset

Swindon

Rye House

Poole

Kings Lynn

Leicester

How many of those tracks have you actually visited in the past 18 months, ie since the start of 2016 season?

How many of those tracks have you actually visited in the past 18 months, ie since the start of 2016 season?

Was gonna say that. Can't rate tracks unless you've been there to see it for yourself!

I think you can judge a track by watching the tv coverage! Gavans list seems fair to me although i haven't seen Leicester since the recent changes.

Edited by woz01

Rye House and Swindon

But you telling me i cant have an opinion by watching the racing on TV?

As i said its my opinion on what ive seen.

Was gonna say that. Can't rate tracks unless you've been there to see it for yourself!

Erm...............yes you can.

Can i not think Belle Vue is good then???

Swap Kings Lynn for Somerset it wont be far wrong lol

You can think BV is good in theory, but unless you've been to the tracks you can not judge them against each other accurately, in my opinion.

You can think BV is good in theory, but unless you've been to the tracks you can not judge them against each other accurately, in my opinion.

ive watched all the tracks with the possible exception of Rye House (though I have been there) lots of times on tv. As I said it's my opinion but it's surely obvious that you don't need to go to Belle Vue to realise it's the best track! World Cup last year proved that's

The scary thing is of the tracks in the PL only BV , Somerset and Wolves produce decent racing at the minute