British Speedway Forum
SCB

Buster Chapman - Is He Good For The Sport?

STRONG statement from Buster Chapman and the BSPA regarding Peterborough's decision to release Jack Holder to race in Poland rather than here this afternoon.

But one wonders what sanctions the BSPA can inflict upon the Peterborough management for blatantly ignoring the rules.

I can recall many years ago when the SCB were strong and had Michael Limb as Chairman, he told me that discipline was easy to impose upon tracks when they were making buckets full of money and wouldn't risk losing their licence but almost impossible when any serious fine could cause them to shut their doors.

Surely it's also hypocritical, given Thorssel was allowed to skip an EL match for a rescheduled Polish match?

YOU could say that two wrongs don't make a right.

I fully agree. My view is that both were wrong and noth riders should have copped a ban for witholding services or clubs punished if they allow it.

But it is hypocritical and unfair to allow one - with facility- but condemn another.

YOU could say that two wrongs don't make a right.

I fully agree. My view is that both were wrong and noth riders should have copped a ban for witholding services or clubs punished if they allow it.

But it is hypocritical and unfair to allow one - with facility- but condemn another.

It's got to the point for me now where I think we should finish the British season tomorrow , have a good rethink and start fresh in 2018 , at the moment it's just in a big downward spiral with damaging issues happening almost every week

• Like 4

It's got to the point for me now where I think we should finish the British season tomorrow , have a good rethink and start fresh in 2018 , at the moment it's just in a big downward spiral with damaging issues happening almost every week

We say that every year, but it doesn't happen

• Like 1

THOSE sentiments, at least as far as the Premiership is concerned, were voiced in the Speedway Star office last week. Every year we suggest it cannot get any worse and yet it does.

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 4

Only one is subject to the rules of a visa. If your theory was law we would have to pardon all murderers because someone got off with a technicality in 1914. Whatever has happened in the past, now is the time to make a stand.

Only one is subject to the rules of a visa. If your theory was law we would have to pardon all murderers because someone got off with a technicality in 1914. Whatever has happened in the past, now is the time to make a stand.

Don't understand the VISA comment?

Your example doesn't really make sense, we are talking about an almost identical situation happening two weeks ago.generally if you have two identical cases goto court in a 2 week period you would expect the same verdict in both?

Your example doesn't really make sense, we are talking about an almost identical situation happening two weeks ago.generally if you have two identical cases goto court in a 2 week period you would expect the same verdict in both?

Do we actually know if the BSPA gave the ok for Thorsell??

Anyway perhaps they wouldn't have kicked off if it was only the one meeting, but it appears Ged has green lighted more than one

• Like 1

They aren't the same, Thorsell has been with his Polish club all season, Holder hasn't. The visa might have stipulations that affect this situation? Irrespective of all that, it's time to stop this happening, we can do little about the past but we can certainly do something about the future. Even if our leagues have to be downgraded it would be better than teams turning up full of guests, R/R and NL riders, while their supposed regulars are appearing, elsewhere, you have to accept that riders might get injured but some other absences are not acceptable.

BEGINNING to think you are right.

Premiership tracks bemoan the lack of meetings at times yet arrange some when the opposition is likely to be without key men. One has to wonder at times whether that is deliberate but surely those who pay to get in want to see full-strength teams whenever possible.

Perhaps there were extenuating circumstances that I am unaware of, but why did Belle Vue go to Somerset on a Friday that clashed with the Danish Championship. Surely that could have been avoided or am I being naive?

Exactly. Lynn had to go to Somerset on a GP weekend without Holder. And BV go on a non-GP week when Bjerres not available. Why were the two not just swapped from the start?

Anybody who criticises the Panthers after today's event is in denial.

That was one of the best meetings I've ever attended.

£20 for that many quality races.

If every meeting was like that, the crowds would be huge.

Anybody who criticises the Panthers after today's event is in denial.

That was one of the best meetings I've ever attended.

£20 for that many quality races.

You really don't understand what everyone is talking about do you

• Like 1

You really don't understand what everyone is talking about do you

That requires some form of intelligence.

• Like 1

Why? Were the burgers free.