British Speedway Forum
SCB

Buster Chapman - Is He Good For The Sport?

Whether the 2 clubs have come to an agreement or not should be irrelevant.

If a rider is contracted to ride for a UK club and rides elsewhere then they should be fined and banned by the authorities.

• Like 1

Not detracting from the incompetence sweeping through the sport , the attitude of some riders is turning me right off the sport

• Like 9

Not detracting from the incompetence sweeping through the sport , the attitude of some riders is turning me right off the sport

Agree.

Do we actually know if the BSPA gave the ok for Thorsell??

Anyway perhaps they wouldn't have kicked off if it was only the one meeting, but it appears Ged has green lighted more than one

If they didn't give the OK then he would have got a 28 day ban?

BEGINNING to think you are right.

Premiership tracks bemoan the lack of meetings at times yet arrange some when the opposition is likely to be without key men. One has to wonder at times whether that is deliberate but surely those who pay to get in want to see full-strength teams whenever possible.

Perhaps there were extenuating circumstances that I am unaware of, but why did Belle Vue go to Somerset on a Friday that clashed with the Danish Championship. Surely that could have been avoided or am I being naive?

Re Lynn at Leicester, who would've been missing from our original line up? Edited by Trees

LEAGUE SCORING SYSTEM
Home loss by any amount of points = 0
Home draw = 1
Home win by any amount of points = 3
Away loss by 7 points or more = 0
Away loss by 6 points or less = 1
Away draw = 2
Away win by between 1 and 6 points = 3
Away win by 7 points or more = 4

That alone is an illustration of how ridiculous British Speedway has become. Explain that to a new fan!!!

LEAGUE SCORING SYSTEM

Home draw = 1

Away draw = 2

That alone is an illustration of how ridiculous British Speedway has become. Explain that to a new fan!!!

Why is that ridiculous? How us it any different to point systems used in rugby or cricket for example? The people you know can't be too bright if they find that system too confusing - either that or someone is not very good at explaining it!
  • Like 2

3 for win 1 for draw nothing for losing. Whats wrong with that?

and a bonus point for aggregate score as makes logical sense.

And you dont have to get insulting. A casual fan is not going to be on board with that point system.

Edited by RPNYC
  • Like 3

I've never heard anyone say the super rugby scoring system of 4 for a win, 2 for a draw, one for losing by 7 or less points and one for scoring 3 or more triea us ridiculous or too hard to explain to casual fans.

Or is it just that kiwis and,hard though it may be to believe, Aussies are smarter than British sports fans?

2 things... 1st off this is not a years old system for UK Speedway. Its yet another re jig. 2nd,most major sports have a one outcome for a win one outcome for a draw and one for a loss. Over here (US) they dont even have a result for a draw...

Anyway that is one small example of multiple problems there are with British Speedway

Edited by RPNYC

LEAGUE SCORING SYSTEM

Home draw = 1

Away draw = 2

The only thing wrong with that is the lack of a 2 point win for a home win of 6 or less. I think that system worked better.

Other than that it's a decent system.

• Like 2

3 for win 1 for draw nothing for losing. Whats wrong with that?

and a bonus point for aggregate score as makes logical sense.

And you dont have to get insulting. A casual fan is not going to be on board with that point system.

My preferred option is as RPNYC says 3 for a Win, 1 for a Draw and nothing for Losing.

Straightforward and to the point. Dead easy and no reason for anyone to be confused. I think keeping things simple is the way to go, it is a simple Sport. Or it would be if the Rules weren't continually changed to suit one Track/Promoter or another.

Speedway isn't big on credibility sadly.

The only thing wrong with that is the lack of a 2 point win for a home win of 6 or less. I think that system worked better.

It is OK - but a little confusing to some.

the idea is to give away teams a reason not to throw the towel in half way through a mauling - that has to be better for entertainment

perhaps a point for reaching a certain level away from home (or indeed at home if its an away team doing the mauling)

• Like 1

Yes that would make sense tbh.

I actually think the system of points now, is one of the better rules introduced. Just my opinion you understand.

• Like 2

Yes that would make sense tbh.

I actually think the system of points now, is one of the better rules introduced. Just my opinion you understand.

To which you are perfectly entitled Badge. :t::approve: :approve: