British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions V Glasgow Tigers ( S G B Championship) - Sunday, July 23rd (5.30pm)

The Referee is to be congratulated for pushing this meeting along at a rapid pace in view of the forecasted rain which duly arrived in torrents after heat 14.

No need to rely on Mr Vatch for our 4 points this time ! :t:

• Like 2

Good result on a track we rarely perform this team are just getting better and better and the point scoring is coming from the 1-7.

It will take a really good team to beat us over 2 legs the way we are progressing.

Agreed. No weak link at all today and indeed when I have seen the Tigers in the past.

Also why give him a tac ride when he hadn't scored in his first two rides?

I was surprised. At best it was a huge gamble.

Good meeting, with several cracking races - the best probably Summers brilliant last to first win in heat 13.

Glasgow were never really in trouble, but the score line flatters a bit.

A big word of credit for Rob Godfrey. It would have been very easy to postpone this meeting in the face of weather reports but he held his nerve and it went ahead. Thanks to a large collection of Glasgow supporters, the attendance seemed to me to be actually slightly up on normal.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Got to mention young Jack, I know Dan gets all the plaudits and rightly so but really pleased to see young Jack progressing and getting the rewards now.

He looked really down at the start of the season and not scoring many, but he has bags of potential and it is good to see him scoring well.

• Like 4

Guest Scunny2012

If there's a couple of coach loads from Glasgow they'll probably outnumber the home fans

Glasgow fans definately livened up the care home at Scunny

Looked to me like after making the reserve swap Godfrey panicked that they were going to get heat advantage and lose the TR opportunity, so bizarrely gave it to Wilkinson. Dreadful dreadful decision.

Great racing though and Glasgow go from strength to strength atm.

Would be interested in Godfrey's explanation, for the TR decision, especially if he sacked Wilko after the meeting !!!

Would be interested in Godfrey's explanation, for the TR decision, especially if he sacked Wilko after the meeting !!!

as far as im aware RG was on the centre green so wouldnt have made the call to go with a TR on Wilko

that is the team managers job,definatly the wrong call but in fairness Wilko should be winning that heat espcially at home

The Referee is to be congratulated for pushing this meeting along at a rapid pace in view of the forecasted rain which duly arrived in torrents after heat 14.

totally agree,and no fannying about with parades and intervals.....etc

So would I BUT Rob is not the team manager he was on the centre green when Dave Peet made the decision in the pits one race too early imo.

Would wilko have got the sack if he had won the tr thats the question or was this already a done deal?

I can't imagine any of the USA boys turning down an opportunity if they are eligible.

My ar5e would be nipping if i was the Aussie.

Also why give him a tac ride when he hadn't scored in his first two rides?

That was one of the most baffling decisions i've seen in 50 years of watching speedway.

I'll second that.

Glasgow fans definately livened up the care home at Scunny

Yes got to agree the Glasgow fans certainly created a great atmosphere.

• Like 1

good result for the Tigers and well deserved,another hard to swallow result for Scorpion fans,seems visiting team riders know how to use bends three and four to pass from the back better than the home team as demonstrated in excellent fashion by Mr Summers.Not much point in sacking Willco and replacing him with a rider of similar ability ,there needs to be a serious rethink on team building,bit late in the season now though.