British Speedway Forum

Why not Lewis Kerr? He did well for us, him and Richie deserve to be considered. Also if Swindon is too far for Josh Bates to travel then Poole is a no go no matter how good/bad he is at Poole. Though he does get better each time he comes.

MF wasn't keen to keep Kerr earlier on this season. I cant see MF rushing to sign him tbh.

All those named above are currently employed this season and still riding for their respective clubs so it would be both unfair and somewhat disrespectful to name any names - even assuming the rider is one of those above??!!

In Tungate's case yes but not in THJ's case as KL have fallen apart anyway.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves!! There are other options - maybe somewhat surprising to many!!!?

There maybe other options but there isn't a rider out there who I would want over Magic.

I think Matt would have regretted not keeping Kerr after he dropped Kyle.

Yes he has made some bloomers this season.

Dont think matt comment on kk we never see him in poole colours again ?

All of the names we have mentioned on this thread. We have forgot about 1 rider on a 5 something.

NICOLAI KLINDT.

Edited by Poole Pirates Fanatic

Very true. Not Klindt though, even though he wants to be back.

Very true. Not Klindt though, even though he wants to be back.

Would be very wary of having Klindt in the team to start 2018 again after the very serious injuries he had. His own racing site quoted after the injury.

This scan showed: torn ACL, partially torn MCL, damage on the inside and the outside meniscus, cartilage damage on the tibia as well as a crack in the bone.

I think Matt Ford should think carefully before including him for 2018 with question marks over his fitness. They sure cant afford to carry any riders in 2018 and for sure Klindt will no doubt do the journeyman norm of signing all 4 leagues again for next year same as he did this year.

I think like Lahti he is good at reserve but when he moves out he can be a liability. (Checking the results in POL and Sweden one may even argue Lahti is younger so maybe more scope. My issue with Lahti is again he rides everywhere so its like move on to next meeting whichever Country i.e POL/SWE/UK/Finland). Factor in the unknown factor of whether Klindt will be physically 100% fit and healthy leaves for me questions as to whether they can afford to take a risk.

Of course so much revolves around what the league/s will look like in 2018 - what will be new team averages - will there be a min requirement of 2 Brits per team etc.

Having said that Klindt is a Poole asset which is not the same as saying he will be in the 2018 team. Ford has plenty of assets who don't ride for Poole.

Must admit scratching my head on who this rider may be who you said yes to 2 questions out of about 6 ;-)

Bjarne Pedersen possibly as well as having a farewell meeting.

• Like 1

Bjarne Pedersen possibly as well as having a farewell meeting.

Personally would like to see a certain KN back with his low GSA as he could go in as both a Brit - Loyal Poole man who tries his hardest for Poole - If he keeps fit (finally after last 2 seasons of bad luck) would be a great as second reserve on his 4.22 current GSA which with luck and only 2 meetings left he could maybe maintain ;-)

To have say both Newman and Woryna as the reserves would really be good. Again league set up for 2018 - points limits - what make up of team has to be if 2 Brits minimum all go into the melting pot.

Would like to think Kyles release earlier this season is behind both parties. For sure from a Biz point of view and with his av dropping and Pooles bad form, decisions had to be made which were not pleasant. His injury for sure affected his form but had he not been released, then from a GSA perspective Ford would have been up a creek. Fortunately Kyle got fixed up but certainly as a rider who gives 100% having him float in and out of reserve would be good.

Where that puts James Shanes ??? - Still not sure what is the right and wrong move as he will still be weak at reserve although hopefully a little better. Will Matt Ford take any risks next year though after this year. Somehow I don't think he will.

Interesting thoughts to ponder.

Fair point.

Lets see if I can guess. Skidder could you answer the following questions please.

Does this rider currently ride in Britain?

Has this rider ridden in Britain in the past?

Is the rider a Poole asset?

Is the rider a HL, 2nd string or reserve?

Is the rider British?

So Skidder said YES regarding two of my questions. Apparently the rumour is that the signing is another rider on a 5 something average.

It obviously isn't anyone currently riding in Britain. We can't speak to riders when they are currently riding for a club unless they are riding for Poole of course. Skidder has said NO to all of our 5 pointers.

The rider isn't British because there is only 2 decent British riders on 5 point averages and they are currently riding for other clubs and Matt wouldn't be allowed to negotiate with them yet.

So the rider in question has obviously rode in Britain in the past because I am pretty sure Skidder said cheekily said yes to question No.4 (Is the rider a HL, 2nd string or Reserve). So its either a rider on a 5 who is currently a Poole asset or its a new rider to Poole on a 5 something average.

If its a current Poole asset then Milik is the only option because Skidder has said No to all current 5 pointers from this season and we don't really have any 5 pointers on our retained list apart from Milik, KK & THJ. KK will never be seen in a Poole race suit again and we cant talk to THJ at the moment as he is riding for KL.

I can see Matt getting in quick to sign Milik. If it isn't a Poole asset then it has to be one of the following.

Wozniak - Will not do Britain.

Walasek - Matt wouldn't touch him with a barge pole

Korneliussen - Past it.

I think its Milik. If not then the signing will probably be a let down since Skidder has said NO to all the decent riders on a 5 point average.

Where have I said NO to all the 5 pointers?? Where have I said that the rider isn't riding in this country? All I said to you was to re-think (maybe reconsider was a better word) your earlier options.

Of course when I also said the answer was YES to 2 of your questions - that didn't rule out the same answer also applying to more of those same questions?!

Where have I said NO to all the 5 pointers?? Where have I said that the rider isn't riding in this country? All I said to you was to re-think (maybe reconsider was a better word) your earlier options.

Of course when I also said the answer was YES to 2 of your questions - that didn't rule out the same answer also applying to more of those same questions?!

I'm sure we will find out soon enough. But from what I've heard people are happy with the signing!! Skidder are you happy with it?

Yes!

ps. So good to catch up with THJ again last night.