British Speedway Forum

Its been fairly quiet on this topic flwg the excitement of the last 48/72 hours.

Now the initial euphoria has died down with Poole having made the play offs (which in itself is an achievement after all the problems recently), would like to revisit this.

Is anyone out there in the know using the forum able to give some sensible hints as to who this second rider might be that has allegedly been signed/agreed to ride for Poole in 2017. If certain forum contributors seem to know then surely some clues (of a sensible nature) can be put into the forum domain so us forum users and contributors can at least work it out without actually naming who the rider is.

See nothing wrong in that.

Its been fairly quiet on this topic flwg the excitement of the last 48/72 hours.

Now the initial euphoria has died down with Poole having made the play offs (which in itself is an achievement after all the problems recently), would like to revisit this.

Is anyone out there in the know using the forum able to give some sensible hints as to who this second rider might be that has allegedly been signed/agreed to ride for Poole in 2017. If certain forum contributors seem to know then surely some clues (of a sensible nature) can be put into the forum domain so us forum users and contributors can at least work it out without actually naming who the rider is.

Agreed, would be nice to have a few more hints now! Still got another week to wait now for speedway again. Gives us something to talk about!

Surely matt has now got a lot to think about since reaching the playoffs one or two of those must be considered now hans for instant super captain this week still who knows we shall waite and see

You'll just have to wait til it's announced! :D

more important things to think about over the next week or two all our riders stay safe

Edited by ray c

Good to see 3 (not all) of Poole's assets performing well in yesterday's World Team U21 Final. ;-) ;-)

Denmark's Freddie Jacobsen looks to have come on very well since MF took a look at him in last season's Blue Riband!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Good to see 3 (not all) of Poole's assets performing well in yesterday's World Team U21 Final. ;-) ;-)

Denmark's Freddie Jacobsen looks to have come on very well since MF took a look at him in last season's Blue Riband!!

He looks like a very good rider! Score lots of points for Poznan. Matt said he would be interested in him so will have to wait and see!

He looks like a very good rider! Score lots of points for Poznan. Matt said he would be interested in him so will have to wait and see!

As long as he come in with an average of about 7 that will be ok.

Could see another team going after him. Would be good if someone like Leicester or Somerset who could get a rider like that who wants to ride for them all season.

So it looks like it's Ellis!

Good signing. Will score loads of points at home. Looks like Ford is going for you stars.

Can see 5 young riders and 2 experienced riders for this upcoming season.

Hopefully he struggles this coming weeks simply so we beat Swindon and drops his average!

So it looks like it's Ellis!

Good signing. Will score loads of points at home. Looks like Ford is going for you stars.

Can see 5 young riders and 2 experienced riders for this upcoming season.

Hopefully he struggles this coming weeks simply so we beat Swindon and drops his average!

??? Where has this come from??!

Indeed.

Considering the guy is still only 19 and has been finishing school/college in DK this year he could be one of if not the next big DK rider ??

Has performed well in DK and been coming along in Polish 2nd League. Recent guest appearance as well for Piratena/Swe.

if someone asked me who wld I rather have say an Ellis who at 22 in March and been riding for some time or an up and coming 19 year old who is going places having only had 2 seasons prior to this on 500CC speedway bikes, then I know who I would prefer.

The guy also issued a come and get me plea to the Pirates in Oct (see Bournemouth Echo article in late Oct 16) when he was guesting in end of season meeting.

Assuming he is finished his studies end of this year could be a surprise signing for any forward thinking club if he can get in on a low average. Should be as he is so young - never ridden GB leagues and has been riding in Polish 2nd (not POL Exl or Nice 1) and DK. Nothing to warrant giving a high av in UK. Certainly not above KW who is more experienced.

LC has suggested it must be Ellis. Much as I want to see British riders flourish I also want to see potential young WW talent irrespective of which Country they come from. A young DK rider is probably more likely to go all out in UK League if he already hinted where he wanted to ride ;-) For me Ellis will always be a 5/6.5 point man.He has ridden UK long enough and when riding on Continent has never really done anything in ind competitions for junior Championships etc. FJ has ben improving at a pretty rapid rate considering not even 3 seasons on a 500 CC bike.

Anyway will be interesting to see who he ends up with as I am sure forward thinking promoter......./s already has his card marked ;-) ;-)

Lets look at the timeline. It all adds up.

Rumour - Poole have made a 2nd signing for 2018 apparently its another rider on a 5 something average. Adam Ellis is on a 5.45

Rumour - Poole have signed Adam Ellis as an asset.

So ask yourselves this.

Why would Matt Ford sign Adam Ellis as an asset if he doesnt plan on using him when he is on a nice low average?

Adam Ellis also has a lot of sponsors in the Poole area.

Don't forget. Each team will still have to use 2 British riders next season. That rule will NOT be scrapped.

Obvious that the rumours are true. 3 down 4 to go because Brady is a lock.

Would love this side.

1. Janowski, 2. Ellis, 3. H. Andersen, 4. C. Holder, 5. B, Kurtz, 6. Woryna & 7. Newman

However I think we will see this side in 2018.

1. Janowski, 2. Ellis, 3. C. Holder, 4. J. Holder, 5. B. Kurtz, 6. Woryna & 7. Newman

I would be very happy with either of those suggested sides.

Edited by Poole Pirates Fanatic

So ask yourselves this.

Why would Matt Ford sign Adam Ellis as an asset if he doesnt plan on using him when he is on a nice low average?

Charles Wright?

Ellis Perks?