British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

He achieved his average last season where to be fair the reserves were weaker.

This season the Poole team was built top heavy and the reserves are mainly stronger.

Shanes still gets his average yet is made the scapegoat for Pooles poor start!

The problems are higher up the team

I don't agree with you that the poole team was built top heavy. If everybody was doing there jobs we would have strength right through the side. MS is a better rider than he's showing, he was 10th in the European stadings, good riders dont become bad riders over  nyt without a reason, same as Woryna and Sunstrom, as i said in our aniversary meeting sunstrom scored 13-14 pts after he tweeked something and rode well. Josh is a bit up and down atm Brady appart from the odd blip has done what i expected of him. for me Kildemand was a bit dissapointing and i hope Smolenski is a stop gap. Things just have not gone.. yet.  I do really hope Chris sorts out this issue and comes back to us, it will give the team fans sponsors the whole club a lift, then watch us go... The team that  Matt put together looked very good on paper with bags of improvement in all of them and kept me going in hospital  at that thought, i still have the belief in them, but we need to start finding our feet quick smart. All the foundations have been laid, we just need our boys to sort things out, which im very sure they will. People will moan whatever you do, damed if you do and damed if you dont. Matt was very happy with the side he put together, but its not happening, yet.

Edited by Starman2006

Swiderski?  It’s getting worse!   :) 

Happy Days. :)

Damed?  You and Shovlar in panto this year? :)

What about Buckowski again - he is due a decent performance for Poole.  Better still - what about Miedzinski?

If all else fails what about coaxing Bjarne back? 

I was led to believe by some Poole fans in the past that riders were lining up to race for Poole rather than any other team.

How is Poole’s huge asset list doing - surely someone on that wants to ride for the mighty pie rats?

Edited by Steve0
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

I wasn't impressed with him TBH. Don't think he beat anyone bar the reserves.

Isn't that the job of a reserve though! ;)

42 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

What about Buckowski again - he is due a decent performance for Poole.  Better still - what about Miedzinski?

If all else fails what about coaxing Bjarne back? 

I was led to believe by some Poole fans in the past that riders were lining up to race for Poole rather than any other team.

How is Poole’s huge asset list doing - surely someone on that wants to ride for the mighty pie rats?

Is Brady's average under 8 yet? We could get Dudek... :o:D

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You could for 100 grand lol

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Isn't that the job of a reserve though! ;)

Yeah would be happy if that was Zach doing it at Swindon. But this lad was supposed to be a superstar reserve and for him to only beat Zach and Mitch doesn't show that much improvement IMO.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Nah, you sign duds, not dudeks. :)

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

Yeah would be happy if that was Zach doing it at Swindon. But this lad was supposed to be a superstar reserve and for him to only beat Zach and Mitch doesn't show that much improvement IMO.

He also beat Ellis.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He also beat Ellis.

Yeah when Ellis was about half a lap in front of him and fell. 

5 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

I didn't fail anything. Trackrat wanted a £100 on it and you blanked him or her. Now you are hiding away and refusing to accept any bets.

For example.....Abysmal is your contribution to this forum.

Kildemand has been a mixed bag just like he's always been. Either really good or really poor. Poor as of late but a mixed bag overall is a fair assessment.

You want someone to blame for the poor start then look no further than the 3 & 4 pairing of Grajczonek and Sundstrom.

You obviously don't know anything about Speedway. You tried telling me Szczepaniak wasn't a flop before the Swindon (Away) meeting. 

Word of advise.......don't offer bets if you don't accept wagers on them.

Bloody hell, i agree ;) It's Pooles engine room that haven't been firing. Stats don't lie.. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Bloody hell, i agree ;) It's Pooles engine room that haven't been firing. Stats don't lie.. 

That’s just stating the bleeding obvious. Both have been woeful and deserve the chop.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That’s just stating the bleeding obvious. Both have been woeful and deserve the chop.

And yet you see, that’s everything that’s wrong with Poole. Instead of this ludicrous cut throat attitude of winning at all costs, you should stick by your riders and accept a bad spell or even a bad season and get a bit of loyalty. How many times will you sign the likes of Grajczonek, Sundstrom, Howarth, Newman and Shanes and then sack them at the drop of a hat? It’s about time riders stood up to Matt and said “no thanks, I don’t want to ride for you” ........ oh, hang on, they are! :)

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DC2 said:

And yet you see, that’s everything that’s wrong with Poole. Instead of this ludicrous cut throat attitude of winning at all costs, you should stick by your riders and accept a bad spell or even a bad season and get a bit of loyalty. How many times will you sign the likes of Grajczonek, Sundstrom, Howarth, Newman and Shanes and then sack them at the drop of a hat? It’s about time riders stood up to Matt and said “no thanks, I don’t want to ride for you” ........ oh, hang on, they are! :)

if you don't perform you get dropped, happens in all sports, at the end of the day everyone in it to win it